PDA

View Full Version : Water Mice?

Toni
01-31-2002, 12:21 AM
Does any one know how much it cost to rent water mice?? My kids would love that! My husband too.
Thanx ...Tooni

"A cheeful look brings joy to the heart" - Proverbs :cool:

Bert & Sully
01-31-2002, 08:05 AM
Half hour rental is approximately $20.00. You have to be at least 12 years old and 5' to rent/drive; under that requirement may ride as passengers.

tink13
01-31-2002, 05:13 PM
Okay but can kids under 5 ride :rolleyes: ???? And if so id it more graemlins/crazy.gif ????

Sue
02-01-2002, 09:47 AM
Another question - same thought: How easy are they to operate for someone who has never driven a boat? I realize they're pretty small but I would prefer not to get stuck in the middle of the lake. Thanks!

jdpip
02-01-2002, 10:06 AM
You won't have any problem even if you've never driven a boat. My 13 year old drove one and had a blast. With a little instruction and safety advice, he was off!

LottaLubes
02-01-2002, 10:59 AM
No additional charge if you are bringing a passenger. Also, if you run into any problems out there, they do have guards out there patrolling to help you out.

Sue
02-01-2002, 12:28 PM
JDPIP and LottaLubes, Thanks for the responses.

Sue

Jennib
02-01-2002, 03:38 PM
HI everyone-

I am going to pop this over to "vacation planning"
You will be able to get more responses there.

I can't wait to do these boats the next time I go!!

SpecJoe Magic
02-02-2002, 12:36 PM
Are water mice the boats that I have seen people driving on the Seven Seas Lagoon?

TheInventor'sDaughter
02-03-2002, 01:00 PM
Yes, the Water Mice are the little quick boats that you have seen zipping around the Seven
Seas Lagoon, as well as other water areas in WDW.

They seat two, but if you have two large adults, it can get a little crowded. It's probably worth the money to get two Water Mice if there are two full-size adults -- that way they will both be able to drive and have ample room. (My DH and I have 2 kids, so my DH took one kid and I took the other -- this was great!).

I really enjoy the Water Mice.

I think it's around $20 for a half-hour, and $30 for an hour (the second half-hour is cheaper if you purchase a whole hour). Most resorts with marinas have them.

Enjoy!!!

:D - Vaneta

bethglasmann
02-03-2002, 01:21 PM
Definitely fun!

We rented 2 at the Poly. Ours weren't very fast but were still fun. There were some really quick ones on the lake though, not sure which resort they got theirs at.

Nom
02-03-2002, 04:17 PM
It does not matter which resort you are renting from- it is always hit or miss if you will get a fast mater mouse or a slow water mouse. There is nothing worse when you get a fast one and your companion gets a slow one- you're ready to zip out there and play in the wakes of the big boats, and your companion is putt-putting along!

Sometimes seaweed (lagoon-weed, I guess) will get stuck in your motor and will cause you to loose power and go super-slow - then you can call over a lifeguard and they'll fix you up.

I've got so many great memories on water mice- they are a must-do in the summer! I remember when each resort had a different color fleet of water mice, and you'd be out on bay lake and see mostly contemporary and fort wilderness-colored water mice, whereas I'd be one of the few white water mice that had made it all the way from the GF.

I also remember playing in the wake of the big riverboat, and looking up to wave at the people on the river boat- I was not looking where I was going- and I came THAT CLOSE to slamming into a pole off the coast of one of the islands in the middle, marking shallow water. Talk about making a last-minute evasive manuver! After that I always looked where I was going!!!

I love water mice! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

Beach_Bum
02-03-2002, 04:42 PM
Luckily both of ours were slower, so didn't have to make hubby pull over to give me the fast one graemlins/laughing.gif .