PDA

View Full Version : fireworks - worth it or not?

Kelly
01-22-2002, 03:38 PM
We are inindated w/ firework shows around here - so i'm wondering if it's worth staying late in the park and dealing w/ the crowds just to see fireworks?

we've always skipped in the past but this year we are traaveling w/ our 2 children.. so if they would enjoy them and there is something more spactacular than our big fw shows, then it would be worth it. I'm thinking they may enjoy a dip in the pool better... opinions?

Altair
01-22-2002, 04:44 PM
If you don't want to fight the mad rush at the end, you can take the ferry boat or monorail across and watch the fireworks from the TTC area and you'll still have time for that swim. :cool:

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Altair ]</p>

mickeyd
01-22-2002, 05:21 PM
As Altair said, you can always watch the MK fireworks from the TTC or the MK area resorts. The MK fireworks are pretty standard, but classic in that they are over the castle.

Epcot's Illuminmations on the other hand is unique and I think really worth hanging around for. However, if the crowds really bother you, you can see a lot of the high fireworks from the Boarwalk area. Although you miss a lot of the action that takes place on the Showcase Lagoon. Illuminations is great and reckon the kids would really enjoy it!

dumbo7
01-22-2002, 05:37 PM
I would definitely recommend the Epcot Firework's cruise. It was one of the best parts of our trip. They pick you up outside the Beach Club, I think, and drive you around for a little while. Then you park right under the bridge and have front row seats for the fireworks. It was amazing.

Karena graemlins/muscles.gif

LuvinMickey
01-22-2002, 05:52 PM
We are going to skip the fireworks this time and do Fantismic. We decided on Epcot's fireworks last time, it was pretty good, but not really worth standing at the rail around the water for an hour before the show (we barely got a good spot that early!) and then the crowd leaving the park. graemlins/shakehead.gif Not on our list of "to do's" next trip.

disneydaddy911
01-22-2002, 09:31 PM
we were at epcot on new years eve, and let me tell you, i am 44 years old and that was the most spectacular show i have ever seen!

Marker
01-23-2002, 10:23 AM
I guess I really can't give an objective answer to this question. I once managed to see Illuminations, the MK fireworks, and Fantasmic all in one evening. I love the fireworks shows, and wouldn't miss them.

WDWFanatic
01-23-2002, 12:16 PM
We love the fireworks. You didn't say how old your kids are or if you are going to have a car.

We have watched the fireworks for the Wedding pavolian at the GF. It is a great view, with no crowd and you can just drive away. Another option is from the Cont. We really like both places without the crowd.

P.S. Great name ;)

roses
01-23-2002, 12:26 PM
I've watched Magic Kingdom's fireworks sitting in the hot tub at my condo (Vistana). It was nice, so maybe you can find a spot on disney property and watch them, avoid the crowds. Good luck! graemlins/mickey.gif

Roland
01-23-2002, 12:54 PM
Epcot - yes
Magic Kingdom - no
MGM Fantasmic - no

claysmom
01-23-2002, 04:51 PM
EPCOT is soooo worth it!

My son loves them and so do I! We usually just sit and people watch for a few minutes and then browse the shops that are still open while wandering to the exit. We stop and watch the fountains and play with the pixie dust on the sidewalk and by the time we get to the exit, the crowds are all but gone and the kiddo is snoozing in his stroller... down for the night.... it's a great way to end a day at Disney.

The other fireworks are nice, but I've never seen anything like Illuminations!

2PrincessesMom
01-23-2002, 11:42 PM
I don't know how old your children are but I will never forget the look on my 4 year old DD's face when she saw Tinkerbell fly through the sky! :D Watching her excitement was well worth dealing with the crowds. Let's face it That's a part of Disney that cannot be avoided. Just try not to let it aggravate you. I agree that the illuminations show should not be missed. My DD also loved it. Enjoy and have fun.

PeterPan
01-24-2002, 12:28 AM
Epcot Illuminations and Fantasmic are two of the finest shows of their kind on the face of planet Earth. You would have to be mighty jaded not to find thrills and chills with those two shows. Period.

Kelly
01-24-2002, 01:48 PM
Well, you are all very convincing! It sounds like we will be out late for the fworks! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Which show has Tinker Bell flying through? - I assume MK - but I could be wrong???

Donald_Quackers
01-24-2002, 02:20 PM
That would be the fireworks at the MK. Didn't see them last trip because I absolutely loved IllumiNations and Fantasmic. I will make a point to see them at least once when I go in Feb, but I will be seeing IllumiNations at least twice.

Marker
01-24-2002, 02:50 PM
As for dealing with the crowds afterwards, don't. Why be in a hurry. Pop into a shop and browse around for 20 minutes or so. Or better yet, find a nice bentch, perhaps with an ice cream cone in hand, and sit and watch the people hurry by while you relax for a few minutes watching them. It's actually kind of cool as the street in front of you begins to empty. Then there is no longer a crowd to deal with.