PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Stop Advice

Kelly
10-01-2002, 09:35 AM
We are taking Happy Limo service to POFQ - we won't have a fridge at the room, but we will be making a grocery stop.

1) I'm making my list now - Can you recommed the items you pick up at the grocery store?

2) Can you fax your list in advance and have it pre-packed? I have heard differently on this one. If you can, who does the list go to?

THANKS!

Beast_fanatic
10-01-2002, 09:45 PM
On our last trip, we picked up a cheap styrofoam cooler, Diet Cokes, one bag of ice, and a few snacks for the room (a bit of candy and some cheese crackers with peanut butter on them).

As far as faxing your list in advance, I don't know that I've heard of anyone that has done this. You would need to know exactly which store you'd be stopping at and I'd assume that you would fax the list directly to them.

Have fun! :D

Flower
10-02-2002, 10:47 AM
On our last trip to POR the CM left a styro cooler in the room after they came into clean and noticed we were using one of our sinks to hold ice & beverages!

We usually have fruit (apples/oranges,bananas), bread, peanut butter & jam, cereal bars/granola bars, snack foods, pop, milk & yogurt (obviously well-chilled!) in our rooms.

For drinks, we also purchase the resort mugs. We still keep cans of pop in our room for variety & they usually taste better.

DisneyDudet
10-04-2002, 12:36 AM
We do the Styro cooler thing. Most of the time we get drinks so we can have one on the go, so we don't need to lug the mug (hehe a rhyme) around.

We also get breakfast foods like cereal bars and pop-tarts for breakfast. But for variety, we head over and get Beignets from the food court at POFQ. They usually last a couple of days so we buy a bunch of them.

Its also good to have some sort of balance b/w salt and sugar so we get some chips and then some candy and fruit.

Don't shop at Goodings! Go to the Publix or Wal-Mart further down. Its a whole lot cheaper!

graemlins/mickey.gif DisneyDudet

DisneyFanaticDargon
10-04-2002, 05:45 AM
Don't shop at The Gourmet Pantry either, the convienience of having a grocery store in Downtown Disney is totally outweighed by the fact that they gouge you for prices.

graemlins/ack.gif 11 Days and Counting! graemlins/ack.gif

NJDad
10-04-2002, 05:55 AM
Another grocery question:

Can you buy 'adult beverages' in the grocery store? Here in NJ you can't most places, believe it or not.

[ October 04, 2002, 05:56 AM: Message edited by: NJDad ]

Dawneeeey
10-04-2002, 08:12 AM
Can't buy adult beverages in most places in MA either.

We bought a collapsible cooler to bring with us that we plan on filling with ice from the resort. We were planning on getting sodas and water bottles and some snack foods (chips, granola bars, etc.) We leave a week from today!!!

Flower
10-04-2002, 10:30 AM
Most of the resort gift shops sell 'adult beverages' behind the counter. Of course prices are higher.

The last time we were in Florida I am sure the Walmart sold "AB". The Walmart is truly fantastic as it is 24 hrs & has a grocery store all in one building! Shop for groceries & souvenires all in one place.

Flower
10-04-2002, 10:34 AM
Most of the resort gift shops sell 'adult beverages' behind the counter. Of course prices are higher.

The last time we were in Florida I am sure the Walmart sold "AB". The Walmart is truly fantastic as it is 24 hrs & has a grocery store all in one building! Shop for groceries & souvenires all in one place.

Even though the legal age is 21, in alot of places when you purchase alcohol you have to be older than that. (25-30 yrs)

DH and I had a good laugh on our honeymoon, I was 27 at the time and ordered a beer with lunch one afternoon at CBR. The CM behind the counter asked me for ID :D . Well, that would have been okay but I did not have my Drivers License with me - DH had my wallet and was standing in a different line at another kiosk!

NJDad
10-04-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Flower:

I know that Disney sells adult beverages, but I was wondering about regular old Florida grocery stores, just for price savings and selection.

I also have been carded or proofed at Disney in my 30s...thought maybe it was part of the Show!

Noah's Helper
10-04-2002, 10:11 PM
For milk, buy the Parmalat milk boxes. Like juice boxes, they do not have to be refrigerated until after they are opened. They are available in half-pints, perfect for a single serving. We use them with cereal for breakfast.