PDA

View Full Version : What did you miss on your last trip that you HAVE to do in the future...(m)

Septbride2002
10-08-2002, 06:18 PM
I missed so much on our first trip that I have been making a MUST DO list for our next trip with all of the things we missed:

1) Animal Kingdom - we only spent about an hour and half here on our last trip and only did the Festival of the Lion King.
- Safari
- Rapids
- Dinosaur
- Tough to be a bug!
- Tarzan
- Walk around on the trails

2) MGM - we did alot at MGM but there are a few things we missed
- Back lot tour
- I would love to do a character breakfast here
- The Parade!

3) Epcot - we only did about half of Future World so we need to spend some time doing the other half! LOL! tongue.gif

4) Magic Kingdom - we did a lot of the "thrill" rides at MK so here is a list of rides we missed and would like to do:
- Winnie the Pooh
- Snow White
- Peter Pan
- Dumbo
- Haunted Mansion (it was closed during our trip graemlins/crying.gif )
- Alien Encounter (If I get brave enough)

~Amanda

disneyinterested
10-08-2002, 06:28 PM
Definately must do Haunted Mansion as that was closed for refurbishment.. graemlins/muscles.gif Than of course, I want to see Tinker Bell's flight as it was raining hard the night we were there to see it.. Also, would like to see Epcot's night time firework display out on the lake... And of course, Tarzan at Animal Kingdom and Beauty and the Beast at MGM.. graemlins/thumbsup.gif Now I am dying to go back.. Hopefully soon... graemlins/mickey.gif

Jared
10-08-2002, 07:22 PM
Wow, there's a lot you missed, especially at Magic Kingdom. Only another reason to go back! :D

Flower
10-08-2002, 08:48 PM
Even though I have been many times, I have a to do list for the upcoming trip!

Country Bears (DH was a spoiled sport the last time and said I could not go see them, at least not with him anyway)
Diamond Horsehoe, It sounds like this show has changed alot since I last saw it
Winnie the Pooh-lines have been too long, maybe this year!

Fantasmic-I have never been willing to stand in line for 2 hours to watch a show. I have my dinner pkg booked already!

Ohana-I cannot recall being there and am looking forward to a wonderful dining experience. The couple we are travelling with have been raving about it!

JIYI-nothing can ever replace the original.

Checking out other resorts. This is a must-do for any Disney vacation.

Ahhhh....13 days away!!!!! :cool:

EvaBryan
10-08-2002, 09:43 PM
We spent more than 40 days at WDW last year and I still managed to miss that dang MGM afternoon parade! First it was scheduled for 3PM, then 3:30PM, then 5PM - we never got to see it because the schedule kept changing!

All the more reason to plan another trip!

sgdisney
10-08-2002, 10:02 PM
Here's my list of must do attractions on my next visit:

RnR-couldn't talk anyone into doing it, next time I'll go by myself if I have to!

Country Bears-DS12 thinks he's too cool to go to this, guess I'll go without him!

One Man's Dream-I hope they don't close this down after 100 years is over. For some reason we never made it through this and I would love to do it.

Even after two week long trips, I still feel like there's so much more to see. Guess I'll just have to keep going back until there is nothing more to see, which will be never since they are always coming up with new stuff too!

Oh, and by the way, Amanda, why do your topics always end with (m) in the title line? Just curious......

[ October 08, 2002, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: sgdisney ]

Erlesgirl
10-08-2002, 10:09 PM
You might have missed "something" in the parks but I have high hopes that you didn't miss the most "important parts" of your honeymoon! To answer the question; I've been to WDW 3-5 times since the 100 year celebration and have yet to see the AK afternoon parade.

EllieMae
10-08-2002, 10:28 PM
Everytime we have been to Animal Kingdom, for some reason we never find time to see The Festival of The Lion King. We only see Tarzan Rocks. This year we vowed to see the Lion King show instead of Tarzan. I also am looking forward to the 100 years of magic events since we haven't been since the celebration started. graemlins/muscles.gif

ryca1dreams
10-08-2002, 11:40 PM
- Fantasmic! at MGM
- Splash Mountain and Jungle Cruise at MK
- Test Track at EPCOT
- It's a Bugs Life at AK
- See the Floating Electrical Pageant
- Meeting Mulan anywhere

KylesMom
10-08-2002, 11:53 PM
Let's see . . . where to start? Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, MAYBE Tower of Terror, Sci-Fi Drive In for Lunch, Country Bears, Space Mountain . . . taking time to swim at our hotel, go to a water park - ah, there's just too many things to list! graemlins/crazy.gif

Missouri Bell
10-09-2002, 12:54 AM
I still have many things to do for the first time at WDW and have planned some for my next visit.
#1 I have yet to have a dole whip!!
#2 Have a Character Dinner, I have PS at Chef Mickeys! graemlins/clappy.gif

#3 Have not seen Fantasmic yet, have the dinner package set so I can do this. graemlins/tasty.gif
#4 To see Illuminations!
#5 Beauty & The Beast, it wasn't showing last time. :(
#6 Legend of the Lion King
#7 extraTERRORestial

DisneyDudet
10-09-2002, 01:34 AM
Hmmmmm....lets see here....

EPCOT-China movie thing
Mexico ride

MGM-Hunchback (too bad its over now)
Afternoon Parade (always too tired)

MK-Country Bears
TimeKeeper (if it would open while i'm there)

AK- Festival of the Lion King

I don't know the names of some of the attractions... but o well... and yeah.. what is the "(m)" at the end of your posts??

graemlins/mickey.gif DisneyDudet

winky
10-09-2002, 12:35 PM
Oooh good post. You know after I got back I said I didn't have to go back for 5-10 years. But I want to go now!!!! graemlins/blush.gif These will be my must sees for the next trip:

Movies in WS
Haunted Mansion at MK
Indiana Jones at MGM
Get to AK at opening to see the talking palm tree
Trail Ride at FW
Tea at GF
Victoria & Alberts
Chefs De France

Now how can I afford to do it all.....

jillluvsdisney
10-10-2002, 01:13 AM
WE have several new things planned for our trip in December: Hooptie-Do-Review, Mickeys Very Merry Party, Candlelight Processional and dinner at Chefs de France, afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian and maybe Cirque du Soleil. I'm so excited, all these things will be 1rst for me and my parents. 2 more months until we go. graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

Grumpy's Daughter
10-11-2002, 03:11 PM
OK, let's see what we missed:

EPCOT
Didn't watch any of the movies in WS
Acrobats in China
Because of the rain, there was no character bus
Also, the model trains weren't running
Voices of Liberty
American Adventure show
Mime in France
King Arthur in UK
Off Kilter
Anacomical Player
Ice Station Cool

MAGIC KINGDOM
Horseshoe Saloon Revue
Flag lowering ceremony
Citrus Swirls!
Sword in the Stone Ceremony
AstroOrbiter

ANIMAL KINGDOM
Character Greeting Trails
Festival of the Lion King
Pocahontas and her Forest Friends
Flights of Wonder
Triceratop Spin
Primevil Whirl
Tarzan Rocks

MGM STUDIOS
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Hunchback :(
Sounds Dangerous
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Who Wants to be a Millionaire
Parade

disneygoofball
10-11-2002, 03:48 PM
Great topic! Let's see, here's my "to do" list:

Typhoon Lagoon (I did Blizzard Beach this time)

MK - Tom Sawyer Island, Peter Pan's Flight, TTA, COP (if it's open), eat at Crystal Palace (it was closed while we were there)

AK - walk all the trails (we only did Asia), Kali River Rapids, Lion King

EPCOT - Eat the chocolate wave at Coral Reef, Maelstrom's in Norway (closed while we were there), American Adventure, ride the boat across the lake, sounds dangerous

MGM - Indiana Jones, watch the parade

Man, I really should get planning another trip if I hope to get all this done! graemlins/silly.gif graemlins/silly.gif

runmickeyrun
10-11-2002, 05:28 PM
HOOP DEE DOO REVUE!!! We always say we are going "next year" but never do..Maybe we will on our next visit in Jan. graemlins/shakehead.gif

imported_Melanears
10-12-2002, 01:11 AM
I want to do a behind the scenes tour.

MauiMouse
10-12-2002, 08:58 AM
Here is my list of what I really want to do more next time.

At MGM:
RnR, ToT, Brown Derby Restaurant

At AK:
Dinosaur, & All the shows

Epcot:
eat my way around World Showcase.

MK:
CoP & Timekeeper, were down last time.

graemlins/mickey.gif

Ltmoko
10-12-2002, 10:24 AM
On our last trip we did not do cirque, wanted to do it on our trip this dec but, its dark. I'm so mad!!!! oh well, have to go again.

pearlieq
10-12-2002, 01:43 PM
Add me in as another one who's curious about the (m) on your posts... :D

On my must do list for Feb:

Alien Encounter
Legend of the Lion King
Tarzan Rocks
Chef Mickeys
Tea @ GF
Stormalong Bay
Typhoon Lagoon
Any country in WS past the US on the Left and UK on the right (never can seem to make it around the lagoon :D )
Boat ride from POR to DD
Water Mice

People sometimes ask why we keep going back--but that list is why--we never run out of new things to do!

LittleLady
10-12-2002, 09:51 PM
I would like to try Narcoosees, Cape May Clam Bake, Chef Mickey's, Boma, CRT for dinner, and
Fulton's Crab House. All of which I am planning on trying this month, hopefully. Do you sense a food obsession here? As far as non-food attractions:
Splash Mountain
I missed half of the countries in WS, I would like to see the other half.
Kali River Rapids
Typhoon Lagoon
Dole Whip (Oh wait, that would be considered food, wouldn't it?)

DW88
10-12-2002, 11:20 PM
My list:
The Asia section of AK
Future World East
The Jungle Cruise
The Walt Disney World Railroad
The Voyage of the Little Mermaid
The Magic of Disney Animation
Hall of Presidents

HooksLeftHand
10-13-2002, 12:53 AM
I never got a chance to experience Kali River Rapids because it was too cold last time I was there!

pearlieq
10-14-2002, 02:22 PM
I think I know what the (m) is for...

I was reading the common acronyms for another one of my boards and they listed (m) as an indication that more text follows in the body of the message. I guess on some boards you can say all you need to in the subject line and you don't need to elaborate. It's just a way to mark messages so you know whether to open it or not.

As you may be able to tell, I'm not good with unanswered questions... :D

PawleyPlatoon
10-14-2002, 05:07 PM
1) Take the boat ride from Port Orleans Riverside to Downtown Disney. :D

2) Rock n Roller Coaster graemlins/muscles.gif

3) Candlelight Processional graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Rich Mc
10-14-2002, 05:31 PM
Going in December for 7 days.
My list of things I missed in past and got to do next time.
1. Eat in Cinderella Castle.
2. See more live shows--Tarzan,etc..
3. Disney Quest in Downtown Disney
4. Ride Dumbo ride in Magic Kingdom
5. Get a haircut in barbershop at MK

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
10-16-2002, 09:13 AM
Ahhhhhhh!
lets see we have to do
1-rapids
2-tower
3-fantasmic
4-tom saywer island

Thats all folks
šoš alyssa šoš

graemlins/muscles.gif 15 more days graemlins/muscles.gif

Septbride2002
10-16-2002, 01:06 PM
Pearlieq is absolutely correct! I am sorry, I didn't get to check the boards for a number of days and didn't realize people were asking me what the (m) means. I post on another website quite frequently and that is a way to let people know that there is a continuation from the subject line. (nt) means that the subject line is the only text. So it is just habit to automatically put the (m) when typing a subject line. :D

~Amanda

Hooked on Mickey
10-16-2002, 01:27 PM
You can never do it all. Every year there seems to be on or two things to do or see that we never did before.
Some of the things which took us several years and trips to finally do.
.......rent water sprites
.......took fireworks cruise
.......finally saw fantasmic
.......all the Christmas time activities and events

Some things we need to do yet...
.......Cirque du Soleil
.......Mickey trick or treating.
.......wide world of sports
.......camp in fort wilderness