PDA

View Full Version : Packing for kids and carry-on

mamcdo
07-03-2001, 01:56 PM
I'm looking for ideas here. What's going to keep them busy and out of trouble on the plane and in the car on the way to the parks. (we're staying off-property-renting houses) Thanks guys!

------------------

Narcoossee'sFan
07-03-2001, 02:12 PM
Could you please give the age and gender of your children? That will help us give you better info. http://www.intercot.com/boards/ksmile.gif

------------------
Valerie a.k.a. Narcoossee's Fan
Next Trip September 13-16!

mamcdo
07-03-2001, 02:18 PM
Boy-12
Boy-9
Girl-8

Hope this helps! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------

minnie-ears
07-03-2001, 02:28 PM
My kids are both boys ages 7 and 12. They take along their GameBoys. We bought the car adapters that plug into the cigarette lighter for $4.96 each at Walmart and a splitter that allowed more than one thing to be plugged into the car cigarette lighter at one time for less than $10. They played non-stop for hours. We also splurged and bought them both a new game they had been wanting since Christmas also so that helped keep them entertained. They also liked taking their personal CD players w/headphones, books, and a few small toys. We also have an ac/dc tv & vcr that comes in really handy for that long 12 hour drive from our house!

------------------

Narcoossee'sFan
07-03-2001, 02:32 PM
At our Target store they carry small inexpensive electronic games in the toy section. They average about $10.00. I sometimes see kids playing with these while waiting in line to see attractions. I have also seen mini etch-a-sketch and magna doodle toys. I purchased mini coloring books there with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto on them. They come with stickers of that character inside. Those were less than $2.00 each. You can also purchase pencil-like crayons that will not melt in your car or in their backpack. I hope this helps. My child is younger than your kids, so I am not as up on older kids stuff. http://www.intercot.com/boards/embarass.gif Have a nice trip!

------------------
Valerie a.k.a. Narcoossee's Fan
Next Trip September 13-16!

carolyn103168
07-03-2001, 10:07 PM
hi.. i heard you can rent little tv/vcr combos that have a car adapter.
depends how far your driving to the parks i guess... good idea for long trips.

------------------

shepherdgirl
07-04-2001, 10:54 AM
If you have walkman tape players for them, you might consider some classic books on tape like Swiss Family Robinson or Tom Sawyer. It would be a good way for them to get to know and love some famous characters without all the heavy reading.

------------------
WDW Trips '76,'80, '81, '83, '91, '94, '95, '96, '97, '00, '01 with AP's!

[This message has been edited by shepherdgirl (edited July 04, 2001).]

SMG
07-04-2001, 12:13 PM
We just got back w/ 9 & 10 1/2 yr old boys and I was bound and determined to keep them busy on the plane and at the resort when we "rested", well.....on the plane they listenedd to there CD players and played gameboy some, at the resort all they did was stare at us waiting for the next park or swim at the pool!!! They did do 1 word find puzzle each! So I over packed for my 2, the only thing they had on there minds was WDW!

------------------
SMG

First Trip to WDW!
CBR June 2001