PDA

View Full Version : Disposable Camera Brands

DaveNDeb
07-03-2001, 08:21 PM
We have decided to take along a few disposable cameras on our trip. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding brands?

Thanks! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
Deb & Dave (Deb does all of the posting)

Disneyland - 1/00, 2/00, 4/00, & 10/00

Disney World - Planned Trip 7/24 - 8/1/2001

"Rock-n-Roller Coaster, here I come!" --Deb (The lover of all that is Aerosmith)

mamcdo
07-03-2001, 08:23 PM
Kodak Advantix disposables. You can switch picture sizes like the point-and-shoot variety.

------------------

Narcoossee'sFan
07-03-2001, 09:25 PM
I dropped my camera on Main Street in December http://www.intercot.com/boards/eek.gif , so when we went in June I took three Kodak Max HQ Brand cameras with flash. They take excellent quality pics. I have even considered not replacing my camera and just using these!

------------------
Valerie a.k.a. Narcoossee's Fan
Next Trip September 13-16!

WDW crazy
07-04-2001, 04:22 AM
I don't think it matters what brand you use, they are all basically the same. We have used to cheapest ones that have a flash and they have always come out very good. I have found them at Walmart for about 4.50 ea.

------------------
WDW Trips
12/1996: All Star Sports
5/1998: Wilderness Lodge
5/1999: Dixie Landings
2/2000: Dixie Landings
9/2000: Dixie Landings
Next trip: Feb. 2002
DL: Too many times to count!

PhotobearSam
07-04-2001, 06:32 AM
I would stick to ones using 800 ISO film speed and I personaly like the Kodak and Fuji ones.
I manage a photolab here in Canada and the cheaper the disposable camera the worst the pictures get. It's not something wrong with the cameras but it's usually the film. I would say that the Kodak and fuji ones on the market are not recycled with film of lesser quality. I wouldn't take any chances with my precious WDW pics...If you decide to get cheap ones, I would suggest using one before you go to see if you like the quality.

Remember---ALWAYS USE A FLASH INDOORS...ALWAYS!!!

I can't tell you how many people don't. Also the fireworks don't usually show up very well.

------------------
Have a picture perfect day!

[This message has been edited by PhotobearSam (edited July 04, 2001).]

EvaBryan
07-04-2001, 09:24 AM
If you have a discount wholesale club near you (Sam's Club, Costco, BJ's, etc.) check out their deals on disposable cameras and film. We bought a bunch of them for our wedding last year and had a few left over and brought them on our June trip. They worked great and were well under $5 each. They were Kodak brand. Staples recently had some disposable cameras on sale for $3.95 each, but I passed on them since I had so much film at home already.

We also got a great deal on film for our Advantix camera at BJ's - 6 rolls for $14.99 and a $6 rebate coupon was attached. They don't run those prices all of the time so I pick up the film when I see it on sale.

------------------

mktiggerman
07-04-2001, 10:21 AM
I suggest either the Kidak Advantix Switchable Disposable or a Kodak GOLD Max. Those tend to work the best out of all of the dosposables I've tried (and I've tried several hundred)

------------------
Rob
WDW Cast Member
MK Parade Entertainment

"la magie toujours existera"

"ELEC, ELEC, ELECTRICITY!!!!"

"Beware of the Chuckie Dolls"