PDA

View Full Version : best way for a 17 year old to have fun alone

lovindisney
06-27-2001, 03:28 PM
my mom and dad and I go to disney world atleast once a year, but everytime i go i bring a friend, but this time... no one can go, its really boring with my parents most of the time because they do hardly any of the rides, and get tired quickly(their old). what is the best way i can have fun enjoying the resort by myself.

------------------
" TO the Youngsters of Today, I Say Believe In the Future..." Walt Disney

first trip: 4 years old, 1988(polynesian)
second trip: 10 years old, 1994(contempory)
third trip: 14 years old, 1998(dolphin)
fourth trip:14 years old, 1999(dolphin)
fifth trip: 15 years old, 2000(dolphin)
sixth trip: 16 years old, 2000(whyndham)
next trip: August 2001: 17 years old(Dolphin)

EvaBryan
06-27-2001, 04:08 PM
Will your folks let you go off by yourself? My husband certainly isn't old, but he has a bad back that sometimes acts up and he can't always ride the more turbulent rides. I often ride by myself! Since we can't talk on the ride anyway, I don't really mind. And with a FP you aren't really waiting on line for too long by yourself.

Maybe you can separate and meet for lunch - your parents may need a break too http://www.intercot.com/boards/wink.gif

------------------

TheRustyScupper
06-27-2001, 04:13 PM
Deja Vu, all over again . . .

1) My daughter had the same problem!
2) She had the problem at the same age!
3) We aren't that old, but she liked different things.
4) She went on her own a lot.
5) When standing in line, she tried to find a boy or girl about the same age.
6) She would strike up a conversation, and voila!
7) Usually by lunch, she would have someone to pal around with the remainder of the day, or a couple of days in a row. Some of them she still writes to.

Hints:
... Wait in line next to someone your age.
... Look for kids alone with their folks, or also alone.
... Don't be afraid to speak to people.
... Ask if they want to run together with you.

wdwnutze
06-28-2001, 06:17 AM
My son had the same problem about a year ago(he was 16). His cousin backed out of the trip at the last minute leaving him with me(his mom) his nana and 2 sisters(14mos and 7). Despite what I thought would turn into a disaster, he had a great time. We stayed at the Poly so he just jumped on the monorail and off he went. He took full advantage of e-night. He was able to find other people his age to talk to and enjoy the rides with. He would come by and check in with us and used a cell phone to let us know where he was and how he was doing. He had a great time!

------------------

[This message has been edited by wdwnutze (edited June 28, 2001).]

Rhetoric2000
06-29-2001, 07:56 AM
Just one question because I have the same problem. What date in August are you there?

------------------