PDA

View Full Version : traveling with infant

ValerieK
06-21-2001, 09:55 PM
We are leaving for Disney in 7 days http://www.intercot.com/boards/biggrin.gif We are taking our 7 month old daughter for her first trip to see Mickey. Has anyone taken their infant in the summer and have any tips? I am worried about the heat. We were not going to go this year, but my husband and I just couldn't wait any longer. Thanks

------------------
Poly '99
Poly '00
WL June '01

indymom
06-21-2001, 11:21 PM
We took an 8 month old (he's now 8 years old!) in June, 1993. We went to the parks as early as we could, headed back to the hotel for the afternoon, then back to the parks in the evening. Tyler was in his own stroller so he could lie down and sleep. Of course, it had a cover to protect him from the sun. Some other things to have...battery operated misting fan, plenty of fluids for the little one, snacks, sunscreen, any favorite toys that can divert his or her attention while waiting, and plenty of film for your camera. If you have a camcorder, take it! We have some very precious videos of Tyler (and the other 2 boys) with the characters. We put all the necessities in a back pack, hung it on the back of the stroller, and away we went! Tyler was an angel and perfectly content to sit in his stroller and enjoy the magic! I can't tell you enough how important the afternoon break at the hotel was. Tyler got in a 2-3 hour nap in a cool hotel room while the other boys went swimming or rented a bike or boat with dad or mom. Even though you may hear differing opinions on this subject, we will never regret taking an 8 month old with us (even in the summer). Remember to take plenty of pictures...as your little one grows up, these will be a source of wonderful memories! Have a great trip and remember many of us have had the best trips of all with the littlest people! http://www.intercot.com/boards/rollsmile.gif

------------------
74-offsite
76-Poly
80-Poly
83-Poly
90-GF
93-CBR
96-offsite
99-offsite
99/00-SOG
next up-02-FW Cabin
I'll always remember the Magic!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by indymom (edited June 21, 2001).]

indymom
06-22-2001, 07:26 AM
I can't believe I forgot to mention the Baby Care Stations! I was able to nurse the baby in a nice, cool place and take a little break from the hectic pace of the parks. Take advantage of those. I also took some of those ready-made 4 oz bottles of formula and juice. They are sealed so they don't go bad out in the heat. Those were great to have along, as well. It's been 8 years, so I am having a hard time remembering what else we did. Tyler just wasn't any trouble at all on that trip...it really was a great time!

------------------
74-offsite
76-Poly
80-Poly
83-Poly
90-GF
93-CBR
96-offsite
99-offsite
99/00-SOG
next up-02-FW Cabin
I'll always remember the Magic!!!!!!

bradleysnana
06-22-2001, 07:35 AM
I love the Baby Care Centers. They are so relaxing.

They only problem my sister had taking her infant in the summer was forcing him to drink enough fluids. He got a little dehydrated and did not feel very well. Try to encourage fluids as much as possible.

Take afternoon breaks. They are wonderful for everyone in the family.

Have a great time!

------------------
Nana to Brad, Alex (and Dustin-due 7/31)

Hey John-Can we have another Odyssey next year? If we promise not to make such a mess and promise not to get kicked out of IASW. I promise we will be good. Please!!!!!

Becky (aka Bradleysnana)
Intercot Staff
[email protected]

ValerieK
06-27-2001, 09:52 AM
Thanks for your sugestions. This time tomorrow we will be on our way!!

------------------
Poly '99
Poly '00
WL June '01

indymom
06-28-2001, 12:10 AM
Have fun!

------------------
74-offsite
76-Poly
80-Poly
83-Poly