PDA

View Full Version : AP

CindyLou
05-16-2002, 07:31 PM
Hope I'm posting this on the right board. Going to WDW for 4th time this Dec, this is my third visit in 3 years. I stay onsite and get ultimate park hopper (UPH) passess. My question is - what are the benefits to getting an AP pass? If I stay 7 nights at a resort, from what I found on another site, the AP is about the same price as the UPH. Trip is normally booked right thru wdw. I'm sure there are lots of benefits - but would like to hear from all of you what benefits you get from the AP, and would you go that route even if you may not get back to wdw within 365 days? Thanks in advance!!

{Edited by Imalismom per TOS}

[ May 16, 2002, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Imalismom ]

mickeyd
05-16-2002, 08:08 PM
As far as I can see, the main advantage of a AP over the UPH is the use of the AP lounges. That is of course in addition to the fact that if you do return to WDW withing 365 days you will save a lot of money on passes.

The UPH gives you entry to all the parks as well as water parks and DisneyQuest and Pleasure Island. The standard Annual Pass only gives you access to the four parks. So if you want to do the water parks or Pleasure Island, you'll either have to get the UPH or splurge on the Premium Annual Pass, which I think is about $120 more expensive that the standard AP.

So if you want to do the water parks / Pleasure Island and are certain that you won't be back at WDW in the next year, I'd go for the UPH. But me being the optimist that I am, if there is a chance you could be back within a year, I'd go for the AP - it's a good wat to justify another trip to WDW!

smile.gif

Imalismom
05-16-2002, 08:16 PM
AP Benefits:

GENERAL BENEFITS

Passholder Newsletter: Mailed four times per year (Feb., May, Aug., Nov.), the "Mickey Monitor" newsletter highlights the latest information on new attractions, upcoming events, Passholder offers and discounts.

Leave A Legacy Tile at Epcot: 10% off total purchase.

Complimentary parking: AP holders are entitled to free parking at the MK, Epcot, MGM and AK parking lots.

IlumiNations viewing area: There is now an exclusive AP holder viewing area for Epcot's IllumiNations. It is at Italy Isola (the little island across the promenade from Italy). Entrance to this area is first come - first serve after showing your pass to the CM there.

Epcot Passholder Lounge: open from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. every day until September 2002. To access the lounge you will have to show your pass at the Garden Grill. This lounge will have complimentary beverages, a kid's corner with TV and VCR, local and credit card telephone services, newspapers, a fax machine, and Guest Relations hosts to help with PS arrangements.

Animal Kingdom Passholder Lounge: Located in Pizzafari, this new bug-themed lounge will open May 18, 2002, and will be available until September 30, 2002. When you visit the lounge, you'll be able to receive preferred seating at the Festival of the Lion King show.

Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade VIP viewing area: There is now an exclusive AP holder viewing area for this Animal Kingdom parade. Show your valid Passholder ID to a Cast Member who will direct you to the viewing area adjacent to Pizzafari. Entrance is first-come, first-served; no pre-booking is available.

Exclusive Passholder pins: The third exclusive passholder pin (Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade) will be released on June 1, 2002, for $8.50 plus tax. There are only 7,500 of this pin and a limit of 2 per passholder. The only places that the AP exclusive pins will be on sale is Town Square Exposition Hall in MK, Pin Central in Epcot, Island Merchantile in AK, and the Sorcerer's Hat in the Disney-MGM Studios.

Flower and Garden Festival Poster: After enjoying the music, the flowers and the fun, enjoy the 50% discount on the poster! It's all
the flower power of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival rolled up into one collectible piece of art. The event runs from April 19 through June 2, and you can get your poster at the Flower & Garden Festival Store located between the East Tower and the Canada Pavilion. Just show your valid Passholder ID to receive the discount. There is a limit of one poster per Passholder.

RESORT BENEFITS

Special Resort Rates: Special Passholders rates may be offered seaonally at selected Walt Disney World Resorts Hotels and Selected Disney Vacation Club Resorts. See your Mickey Monitor for specific offers.

Disney's Vero Beach Resort: discounts on rooms at Disney's Vero Beach Resort from April 7 - May 23 and May 27 - June 1, 2002. Special rates start at $139 per room per night for studios accommodations.

TICKET BENEFITS

Pleasure Island: 20% discount throughout the year for up to three Guests.

DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park: 20% discount throughout the year for up to three Guests.

Blizzard Beach Water Park: 20% discount throughout the year for up to three Guests.

Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: 20% discount throughout the year for up to three Guests.

Cirque du Soleil: 25% discount off regular price of admission to La Nouba through September 30, 2002, except for the following blackout dates: 5/28-6/12, 7/22-7/25, and 9/9-9/12. This offer is valid for the Passholder and one Guest for the 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. performances. Not valid on previously purchased tickets or gift certificates. Availability is limited. Call 407-939-7604 for reservations.

WDW DINING

Resort Lunch Discounts: Get 10% off of food and non-alcoholic beverages during lunch hours, Monday through Friday, for Passholder and up to three Guests at all Walt Disney World Resort hotel Table Service locations. Call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) for priority seating. Lunch hours vary by location.

Pizzafari: From May 18 through September 30, 2002, the Passholder and up to 3 Guests can receive a 20% discount off food and nonalcoholic beverages.

Epcot Lunch Discount: Get 10% off of food and non-alcoholic beverages during lunch hours, Monday through Friday, for Passholder and up to three Guests at all Epcot Table Service locations. Call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) for priority seating. Lunch hours vary by location.

All Star Cafe at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex: 10% off food and nonalcoholic beverages in a setting that celebrates sports with amazing memorabilia. Valid for Passholder and up to three guests.

Planet Hollywood: 10% off food and non-alcoholic beverages for Passholder and up to 3 guests daily. 10% off select merchandise in the Planet Hollywood shop (shopping discount is limited to the passholder only).

Rainforest Cafe (Downtown Disney): 10% off of food and non-alcoholic beverages for Passholder and up to three Guests daily from 11:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Priority Seating is available by calling (407) WDW-2NITE (939-2648). - 15% off merchandise.

Portobello Yacht Club:10% off of lunch or dinner for Passholder and up to three Guests. For Priority Seating, call (407) WDW-2NITE (939-2648).

Fulton's Crab House: 10% off of lunch or dinner for Passholder and up to three guests. For Priority Seating, call (407) WDW-2NITE (939-2648).

House of Blues: 10% off of food and nonalcoholic beverages for Passholder and up to five Guests daily before 6:00 p.m. - 10% off merchandise. (This discount is limited to the Passholder, and excludes books, leather, tobacco, jewelry, and select CDs.)

Wolfgang Puck Cafe: Get 10% off lunch daily (11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) for Passholder and up to five Guests. Priority Seating is available by calling (407) WDW-2NITE (939-2648).

DOWNTOWN DISNEY

Receive a 10% discount on merchandise totaling $25* or more (excluding tax), there are LOTS of exclusions and not offered at all stores. ( It is good at: World of Disney, Pooh Corner, Team Mickey, Disney at Home, Disney's Days of Christmas and DTV.) (*$25 minimum purchase on a single transaction required. Offer is not applicable to Disney Gift Certificates, Disney Dollars, videos, food items, film, film processings, Walt Disney Collection and other selected merchandise.) THIS OFFER IS NOT VALID IN THE THEME PARKS! This offer is cannot be combined with any other offer.

Magnetron: 10% off merchandise purchases of $10 or more.

Eurospain: 10% off merchandise for Passholder only. Does not apply to Giuseppe Armani line, Crystal World, Lladró, Nao by Lladró, Swarovski, The Arribas Collection, Waterford and merchandise sold at 40% off or more. Discount is nontransferable and some restrictions apply.

Mickey 'N You Photo Package: $5 off of a Mickey 'N You photo package at Studio M at the Downtown Disney Marketplace. Package includes: one(1) 8x10, one (1) 5x7 and four (4) wallet prints.

TOURS

15% off on the following Tours and Experiences: For information and reservations call (407) WDW-TOUR (939-8687). Valid for Passholder only. Certain restrictions apply. Advance reservations required.

MAGIC KINGDOM Park
</font> Backstage Magic</font>Epcot
</font> Backstage Magic</font> Dolphins in Depth</font> Epcot Dive Quest</font> Gardens of the World</font> Hidden Treasures
</font>MGM Studios</font> Inside Animation</font> Backstage Magic</font> Yuletide Fantasy
</font>ANIMAL KINGDOM</font> Backstage Safari</font> Wild By Design
</font>SPORTS & RECREATION
Golf: 30% off Day Visitor Rates for Passholder and up to three Guests in your party after 10:00 a.m. daily (between April 29 - September 26, 2002, tee times at this rate may be made before 10:00 a.m.). Tee times at this rate are limited and may be made up to 14 days in advance. Advance reservations are required. Call (407) WDW-GOLF (939-4653).

Sammy Duvall Water Sports Center: 10% off at Sammy Duvall's Water Sports Center at Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Reservations required. For more information, call (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529).

Richard Petty Driving Experience: 10% discount off the regular price of all Richard Petty Driving Experience packages at the Walt Disney World Speedway. Call (800) BE-PETTY (237-3889) for reservations and information.

Boat Rentals Discounts: 15% off regular price of boat rentals at any Walt Disney World Resort Marina. Discount subject to availability; certain restrictions apply. (not valid for specialty cruises)

Miniature Golf: 50% off for Passholder, and 15% off for up to three guests playing with you at Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course or Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course.

Grand Floridian Spa and Health Club: 10% off the regular price of any single spa treatment. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 407-824-2332.

Orlando O-Rays: Complimentary admission for Passholders! Just visit the box office at Disney's Wide World of Sports complex.

DISNEY CRUISE LINE

Passholders, prepare to set sail on the magical Disney cruise of your dreams: Because on January 23, 2003, you can join some of your
fellow Passholders on a magical 3-night voyage to The Bahamas, including a stop at Disney's own private island paradise, Castaway Cay, starting at just $369* per adult and $199* per child. While on this special cruise, you'll receive a limited-edition lithograph** designed by Character Artist Don "Ducky" Williams, who will be on board conducting a special group session. You'll also receive an exclusive Passholder gift and enjoy many pin trading opportunities while on the ship as well! Just think of it as an unforgettable 3-night Passholder event that floats! So book today. We wouldn't want to pull up anchor without you. Book online now at disneycruise.com, or call 1-800-370-3086† or your Travel Agent. Be sure to mention booking code APC!

* Rates valid for 3-night cruise commencing 1/23/03, in stateroom categories 11-12 aboard ship. Adult rates are based on adult double
occupancy; children's rates valid for children 3-12 traveling with 2 adults in the same stateroom. Government Taxes and Fees and excursions not included. See Disney Cruise Line brochure for details and applicable Terms and Conditions. Other discounts do not apply. Rates in U.S. dollars. Must show proof of active Walt Disney World® Passholder status at time of sailing.

** Lithograph is limited to one per stateroom.

OTHER DISCOUNTS

National Car Rental: 10% off daily, weekly and Weekend Leisure Rates with National Car Rental® by calling (800) CAR-RENT (227-7368) or by booking online at www.nationalcar.com. (http://www.nationalcar.com.) Specify contract ID #6600411 when you make your reservations. Standard age, driver and credit card rental qualifications apply. Some block-out dates may apply. Offer valid only at U.S. locations. Minimum rental age at most U.S. destinations is 25. National may elect not to rent to any person who does not meet National's safe driver criteria, or who has incurred one or more insurance losses with National. Unless contrary by law, any liability insurance available to the renter or authorized driver will apply to all rentals under this program. Discounted rates do not include taxes, government or airport fees, or optional charges such as refueling service charges, loss damage waiver, personal effects coverage, supplemental liability insurance, or any other optional items or services.

Offers subject to availability, change or cancellation without notice. Additional exclusion dates may be added.

faline
05-17-2002, 07:59 AM
When we were at DW last week, we attempted to use the viewing area for Illuminations. A CM in the area outside of Italy told us that that the viewing area for AP holders had been discontinued on April 30th but told us we were still welcome to visit the AP lounge.

CindyLou
05-17-2002, 10:14 PM
WOW, thanks for all the info! Especially you Imalismom. Since I don't plan to do the water parks or pleasure island, with a 7 night stay I would about break even on price and apparently save in other areas with the discounts. I just might go for it... graemlins/muscles.gif

hedzcarolina
05-18-2002, 01:22 PM
The viewing area has been discontinued? Say it ain't so!!! I'm going in 2 weeks, and I was really looking forward to that.

btw, as for the AP, we bought ours in December when we went (Premium ones) and I don't regret it one bit. We are now doing a last minute, meet my sister at Disney the 1st of June at AP resort rate, and no ticket cost. We're going to go again in Dec and maybe even in between graemlins/muscles.gif

If there is ANY chance that you'll have an opportunity to go again within a year, GET THE AP! It make the decision a no brainer (and relatively cheap too)

Jon