PDA

View Full Version : What to do at night?

tigger1
05-05-2002, 09:55 PM
With the parks closeing around 7 each night, Some staying open until 9. what is there to do after the main parks are closed? I know some nights we may be to tierd to do anything but what is there to do? I know we could go back to our room and hang out at the pool.
Does it cost extra to go to disney quest? if so how much? Thanks for all the help. :confused:

Gotta Love the TTA
05-05-2002, 10:35 PM
How about the Boardwalk? Lots of restaurants, bars, and things to see & do.

An Ultimate Park Hopper includes admission to Disney Quest.

Hanging at the pool is always good.

Also fun--take the monorail to Epcot--I just love that loop it makes around Future World.

MinnieMav
05-05-2002, 11:04 PM
If you don't have the pass which includes admission to Disney Quest - check out the cost before hand. A Disney Club Card or coupons in the back of Birnbaum's provide for discounted admission, but it can get costly. For 2 adults and 1 child, we spent about $80 to get in. The rest of Downtown Disney is fun, and there's alot to see and do, and the shops are open late. There are also the miniature golf courses - and there is a nighly campfire and movie over at Ft. Wilderness - s'mores and all! graemlins/tasty.gif

harperwi
05-07-2002, 11:56 AM
If you like laughing (and you don't have impressionable children with you), then you should DEFINITELY check out the Adventurer's Club on Pleasure Island. PI admission is also covered with the length-of-stay pass. The first time I went to TAC, I wandered in expecting to spend about 10-15 minutes there. I stayed 'til closing! And I went back every night after that! It really is a riot (some material can be a little suggestive, especially for Disney, so that's why you need to watch out for young'uns). Still, it's one of the nighttime GEMS at the parks. That's for sure.

There are other clubs on PI that are fun, notably the Improv Comedy club. Depending on the makeup of your party, this could be another really fun way to spend some of your evening hours!

Jon

A Big Kid
05-08-2002, 09:16 AM
That is an easy one for me.

World Showcase. The French Bakery. A cream puff for me and a choclate eclair for my wife. Take them back to the resort and eat them. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMM!!!

TheInventor'sDaughter
05-08-2002, 07:17 PM
A few ideas:

- Boardwalk (admission is free and strolling entertainment is nice): either have a flatbread from the Spoodles take-out window or hang out at ESPN cafe and/or Jellyrolls. Rent a family bicycle and travel the boardwalk.
- Pleasure Island: Comedy Warehouse and Adventurer's Club are musts, but the 70's club and jazz club are great too! If you like to dance, Mannequins is incredible! Ring in the New Year at midnight!
- Fort Wilderness campfire, sing-along with Chip & Dale and movie. Free, but far off the beaten path. Get sticks and marshmallows at the chuckwagon for the kids.
- Fort Wilderness hay ride: It's about $4 per person, I think.
- Boat ride from MK to Polynesian, walk the beach to GF (stop at the hammocks on the way), explore the wonderful lobby at GF, then monorail to TTC for bus ride back to hotel.
- Boat ride from MK to Wilderness Lodge, see the geyser and walk through that incredible lobby. (Can you tell I love the boat rides around MK?)
- An Illuminations Cruise (book early): About $120 for up to 12 people.
- See a couple FW attractions during Illuminations: a few of them stay open past the posted FW closing time, and they are empty during the fireworks.
- Your pool! I love swimming at WDW at night!! It's the best!!

That should fill up your stay ...

HAVE FUN!!!

smile.gif - Vaneta

Brian
05-09-2002, 11:15 PM
Miniature golf is fun as well. We always play at Fantasia Gardens (by the Swan/Dolphin) at least once during our trips. A good way to spend the evening is to grab some dinner, or just dessert, at Beaches and Cream (at the Beach Club), walk over to Fantasia Gardens miniature golf, and then walk around the Boardwalk. All of these places are within short walking distance of each other and, aside from being fun, can fill a nice portion of your evening.

MKPlutoGuy
05-10-2002, 06:00 AM
Also try the Elctrical Water Pagent on the 7 Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. Its a procession on barges out in the water with each barge depicting a sea creature and ending with a patriotic finale. There is also a soundtrack, similiar to the MSEP. smile.gif

LoveMickey
05-10-2002, 10:17 AM
Thanks for all the great ideas for nighttime. I have one question though. We are not renting a car so we are using the buses for everything. If the parks close early do the buses still run. So if we would want to get over to Fort Wilderness would we be able to? :confused: We are staying at POFQ in October.

Thanks for any help on this.
:confused:

tigger1
05-10-2002, 03:16 PM
Wow thanks for all the replies!! I didn't realize that there is so much to do at night, and with two small children (ages 3 & 8) thanks again!!!

TheInventor'sDaughter
05-10-2002, 06:21 PM
Mary,

You should probably start a New Topic for your question. I am not 100 percent sure of the answer (I think you can bus back and forth from TTC well into the evening), but I know there are several people on this board who would know the answer. We even have a bus driver from WDW -- "WDW Driver" -- who frequents our boards, so if you start a new topic with this question, someone should notice it and answer it to your satisfaction!!

smile.gif - Vaneta

Tom Roughley
05-12-2002, 02:21 AM
Definetly check out Downtown Disney. There is alot to do there. I always check out the World of Disney Store. The Rainforest Cafe is always cool.

DisneyQuest can be fun, but if you dont have an Ultimate Park Hopper you will have to pay for each visit. It is cheaper after 9pm I remember though. If you like video games and see yourself playing for a bit it is worth the visit. You can also catch a movie at AMC. There is so much to do you will find something to get your nights going.