PDA

View Full Version : Amusing a 2 yr old in line

Bryn
10-16-2001, 01:33 PM
Looking for ideas on how to keep a 2 yr old amused while waiting in line!!

------------------
**BRYN**

1996 Dixie Landings
1998 Swan
2000 Wonder cruise
2002 Sheraton Vistana

wendy*darling
10-16-2001, 03:36 PM
My kids are now 11 & 14, but I can remember a few of the things we did "way back then"... http://www.intercot.com/boards/wink.gif

Each child wears a fanny pack- keep small snacks in there- cheerios, raisins, etc.

A small flashlight is infinitely amusing to a 2 yr old- as long as you are not in a area where it would bother other guests.

Pipe cleaners- quiet, soft and can be made to thousands of creative shapes.

Sing Disney songs (not too loudly)

A small pad of paper and crayons for "taking notes" or drawing their favorite character or ride.

I am sure others will have more ideas.

(FYI- we still use some of these... just because they get bigger, doesn't mean they become more patient http://www.intercot.com/boards/sarcblink.gif )

Before I forget.... my BIGGEST suggestion is use Fast Pass whenever and wherever possible and you won't have to use any of these ideas http://www.intercot.com/boards/supergrin.gif

------------------
Linda aka: wendy*darling
Intercot Staff: Disney & Orlando Dining
[email protected]

DVC owners at the Wilderness Lodge Villas
WDW:
4/92 (MK day trip only); 9/93 (Poly); 10/96 (DL & BC); 6/98 (YC); 2/00 (Contemporary); 12/00 (BWI); 6/01(FW tent camping with the Boy Scouts!!)
Next trip: June 2002 (PO-FQ and VWL)

[This message has been edited by wendy*darling (edited October 16, 2001).]

ghp918
10-16-2001, 04:26 PM
Bubbles! Fun, not messy, not to annoying to others, quiet, easily transported.

------------------
----------------------------
Gail aka ghp918
self proclaimed Disney Addict... the first step to recover is admitting you have I problem. I see no problem.

1983 (Off-site)
1986 (Off-site
1989 (Caribbean Beach)
1997 (Disney Village)
04/01 (Port Orleans French Quarter)
06/01 Disneyland
9/14-9/22 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, and Wilderness Lodge!!!
Next Trip...
Possibly 04/02
Definitely 9/11-9/19/02 Yacht Club (3 nights) and Disney Wonder (4 nights)

goofgal
10-16-2001, 04:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ghp918:
Bubbles! Fun, not messy, not to annoying to others, quiet, easily transported.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only are they not annoying to others, they actually amuse EVERYONE!

------------------
Karen

Bryn
10-25-2001, 12:27 PM
I like the bubbles idea......but wouldn't some people be annoyed if the bubbles are popping on them and leaving bubble slime?

What about if one adult and our older child stand in line and the other adult and 2 yr old join us as we reach the front? Would people be annoyed?

------------------
**BRYN**

1996 Dixie Landings
1998 Swan
2000 Wonder cruise
2002 Sheraton Vistana

TheInventor'sDaughter
10-26-2001, 04:26 PM
People would not be annoyed about kids joining you at front of line, but it isn't really feasible on most rides. Everyone else has kids too -- just keep them in line with you.

Suggestions for line stuff:

- Bubbles are great. Get the little necklaces that hang around their neck. The bubbles that come out are so tiny, they don't leave bubble slime. People in line love them, especially kids.

- Those little Magnadoodles are great.

- A pad of paper with some stickers and markers.

Honestly, when we went to MK with our 5-year-old and 2-year-old, we had these items but never used most of them in line (only the bubbles really). The lines just move too fast. The only lines that don't are some of the lines for the shows and for character greeting (Ariel in particular), but we avoided most of those. And we used Fastpass for other lines.

However, our kids DID use them when we were strolling around the park (they were in stroller), waiting in line for food, or waiting to be served at the table in restaurants.

We actually got each girl a little backpack and stuffed it with things for them to play with like these. Each also had a crown in their backpack, for times when they really wanted to be a princess.

And the CMs often gave other things to them, such as the front desk and valet parking -- we had several little Mickey Mouse coloring books and stickers given to our girls -- and they just stuck them into their backpacks. Very handy. (I got them for $12 each at Disney Store -- clear bags with princesses on them -- filled with little things to do and added some of my own).

Hope this helps.

------------------
1972, Orlando Campground; 1988-94, Orlando-area resident (frequent visits); 1992, PO; 1993, Dolphin; 1996, WL; 1996, D.Inst.; 1997, BW Inn; April 2001, Wild. Home; Nov. 2001, BWV & OKW; March 2002, AS Music

We go on...to the joy and through the tears
We go on...to discover new frontiers
Moving on...with the courage of the years
We go on...moving forward now as one
We go on...with a spirit born to run
Moving on...with each rising sun to a new day...