PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for souvenirs just for teachers?

Janmac
10-08-2001, 12:22 PM
An older thread mentioned this and I have to confess I never thought of it before. We have bought stickers for souvenirs for our grandkids' classmates. As the teachers do have to do some extra work before and after our trip, it only seems right to remember them, too. We're talking 3rd grade and 5th grade.

Has anyone got some experiences to share and what's worked and what to stay away from? I like to go with useful souvenirs. Haven't ever even looked for school related stuff!

Jan

------------------

Patti
10-08-2001, 03:30 PM
In the past, we have bought Guest of Honor pins for teachers at Downtown Disney. We also purchased key chains. You can have the teacher's name engraved on them. These were inexpensive and engraving is free. http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif I think these are available in Mickey and Pooh.

Last year, our daughter bought the keychain and had her teacher's name engraved. Under the name, we also had "Best Teacher" engraved on it.

How about pens or pencils? The World of Disney at DD has quite an assortment of merchandise in all price ranges.

------------------
Nov. '98 -- DxL
Nov. '00 -- DxL
Nov. '01 -- PO/FQ

GreatBigBeautifulTomorrow
10-08-2001, 03:41 PM
I found a nice Minnie Mouse as a Teacher pin at the gift shop at POFQ... along with a small box of chocolates, it was perfect!

------------------
Anastasia... no, sorry, not that one.

HEY, MEET US IN CHICAGO! (http://www.intercot.com/boards/Forum7/HTML/000273.html)

next up: MNSSHP October 2001 at All Star Sports

We go on...

LottaLubes
10-08-2001, 04:44 PM
Last year we bought each of the teachers small Millenium snow globes.

------------------
We go on... to the joy and through the tears
We go on... to discover new frontiers
Moving on... with the courage of the years
We go on... moving forward now as one
We go on... with a spirit born to run
Moving on... with each rising sun to a new day...

Janmac
10-09-2001, 08:28 AM
Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. I'm going to write them down and take them with me - otherwise I'll never remember when I'm actually at WDW.

The pencil idea made me think of all the little goodies the teachers keep on hand for rewards, which they usually buy out of their personal money. LOTS of pencils might be a very good idea.

Jan

------------------

BrerGnat
10-10-2001, 01:30 PM
My older sister is a First Grade Teacher and this is what she bought for herself on our last WDW trip: (these would be good for any teacher)

-mugs (can't have enough mugs)

-one of those "make it yourself" keychains. You get a cord and create it with beads. There are letter beads and character beads. She made one that said "Mrs. Haddock" with an eeyore bead. Her friend, also a teacher, made one that said "Mrs. Curcio" with a Mickey theme, beads of mickey's glove, shorts, and shoes. Apparently, teachers have lots of keys! Have your kids casually ask their teacher who their favorite Disney character is, then make keychains themed to that character with Mrs. So-and-So on them. There is a store on Sunset Blvd. in MGM that sells these keychains. It is a clothing/hat store.

-She bought several things at the Reading & Writing Store at Downtown Disney, including stickers and pencils (for classroom gifts).

------------------
Disney Bride-June 28,2001

Figment!
10-12-2001, 10:35 AM
Well, there is or was Discovery at DTD and the 2 R's both being more Edimicational shops also I think some of the EPCOT stores in future world still have some things teachers could appreciate.

------------------
"A mind once stretched by a new Idea never regains its original dimensions"

100 Years of Magic, a Lifetime of Memories, a Legacy to last an Eternity

ncbyrne
10-12-2001, 11:10 AM
My DD has been a 1st Grade and Kindergarten teacher for 14 years. I can tell you that ANY gift is always greatly appreciated. However, although mugs and keychains are great...just how many can you use? After just three years, my DD had so many "teacher" mugs that she put up shelves in her kitchen just to display them. Now they are relegated to a box in the attic, and sold at the next garage sale. Food gifts are good choices as are pen/pencils, stationery. Or perhaps something she collects or an item for a personal hobby. Another gift my DD loves to receive is Christmas tree ornaments. She puts up two trees each year..one is a small 4' tree that is just for all the ornaments her students have given her (bought and handmade). And may I also suggest not to spend TOO much. Just this year, the last student that went to WDW brought her back a framed artist drawing from MGM! I've seen them for sale and
this size is at least $100! My DD felt awkward accepting such an expensive gift.