PDA

View Full Version : 101 Ways to Propose in Walt Disney World

Egroeg Sucal
02-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Ok, I need EVERYONE's input on this one...

First, let me say that I've been a long time poster but created this login name (sorry moderators!) in case my girlfriend is "lurking" on these boards.

In keeping step with the "Valentine's edition" of the latest Intercot Insider, I plan on proposing to my girlfriend on our upcoming trip. So...

If you could propose or be proposed to in Walt Disney World, how and where would you do it? I'm looking for some great ideas... from something small to something extravagant, from something private to something not-so-private.

My ideas so far include:

1. Eat dinner at Tony's Town Square in the Magic Kingdom. Head over to the Polynesian and Grand Floridian and check-out the resorts. Then, catch a fireworks cruise at the Grand Floridian and, if possible, be dropped off at the Wilderness Lodge. Then, propose either on the beach or by the waterfall.
2. Do a complete suprise and propose on a ride. Altough this might sound not so romantic, my other idea would be to propose on a ride like TTA or Pirates of the Carribbean. What I had in mind was when the ride is completely pitch black (Space Mountain portion of TTA or Waterfall portion of Pirates), come out of the darkness ready to propose.

What are your ideas? I'd love to get as much input as possible!

Beast_fanatic
02-05-2002, 11:07 PM
Welcome to Intercot! graemlins/muscles.gif

We are glad you decided to join in! :D

I think standing at the hub in the MK just after Tink takes her magic flight and just as the fireworks begin, get down on one knee, pop the question and open the ring box. That's my idea of romance! :cool:

Another thought would be to get the CM's at a restaurant involved. Maybe at dinner at Chef Mickey's or Ohana's? Chef Mickey's would be memorable because of the characters and if you time it right, you can see the MK fireworks while dining at Ohana's.

I'll see if I can think up something else! Congratulations! ;)

AUDisFan
02-05-2002, 11:17 PM
Going with Beast_fanatic's idea try eating at CRT and for the main course have them bring out the ring on a plate by itself.

delarosa
02-06-2002, 12:04 AM
OK I am going to share my dream proposal again. (Sorry to all who have heard it before!)

I have a collection of the Main Street photos that they take of you coming into the park. My boyfriend and I always buy it. My dream would be for him to propose just as the photographer is getting ready to take our picture. That way I'd always have it captured on film with him on bended knee and the castle in the background.

I've never told him bc I know then he wouldn't do it. But a girl can dream, can't she??? graemlins/shakehead.gif

Good luck to you!

Disney2002
02-06-2002, 12:18 AM
I think it would be fun (if impossible) to do it on some ride just as they take your photo smile.gif

JessieTYCG
02-06-2002, 11:12 AM
First of all, your ideas as well as the the others who have already posted are all great! I don't think your girlfriend will hesitate at all to say "YES!" That in mind, I'll add some ideas that I was thinking about as I read your post.

1. "Funny Proposal" - Going with your idea of proposing on a ride, why not "take the plunge" literally and propose to her as you are about to go down the waterfall of Splash Mountain? graemlins/laughing.gif By the way, if you time it right you can get it caught on film when the ride
takes a picture of you as you fall. You'd have to know where the camera is on the ride. ;)

2. "Fun Proposal" - Incorporate the idea of finding Hidden Mickeys around the parks with your proposal. You can make it like a scavenger hunt with clues to finding the hidden Mickeys and at the last "stop", you can propose. You can say something corney like, "I'm glad I found you. Will you marry me?"

3. "Romantic, Make her knees buckle, want to marry you right now, proposal" - Gotta vote for the previous post of in front of Cinderella's Castle right after Tinker Bell takes flight with the whole fireworks display in the background. Maybe as an added touch, you could snag the barber shop quartet that you always see on Main Street and have them sing a few lines to a romantic song. Ahhh, I'm swooning as I'm writing this! graemlins/blush.gif

Good luck!

JessieTYCG