PDA

View Full Version : talking trash cans and water fountains?

RDonald3
03-24-2002, 02:07 PM
Which park can I find the talking trash can and talking water fountain. I am going in two weeks and would like these picture opportunities.
Thanks.

Jinnyboom
03-24-2002, 02:59 PM
I remember them in EPCOT....can't recall exactly where.

Robbrina
03-24-2002, 02:59 PM
I can only tell you where the talking trash can is. It is in the Electric Umbrella restaurant in Epcot. It is the trash can right next to the fixins bar. When you push the door open on the can you can hear voices. I only know the vicinity of where the drinking fountain is. It is somewhere near the Imagination Pavilion but we have yet to find it. Happy Hunting.

Diswiz
03-24-2002, 03:06 PM
Talking trash can are loacted in many restaurents throughout Epcot. You push a red botton, the trash can opens and say, please dispose of trah here, and then, when you do, says thank you!!!

Chris

Beast_fanatic
03-24-2002, 09:45 PM
Per some research that I did last year in preparation for our May trip, here are some possible locations for talking trash cans:

MK - Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland in the room with the stage on the left-hand wall as you enter from the counters' room

Epcot - by the Electric Umbrella next to Innoventions

And, for Talking Water Fountains:

Epcot - when facing the "Fountain of Nations" with Spaceship Earth behind you, it will be on your left outside the Mouse Gear Shop (east-side)

Epcot - to the right of the magic/play fountain between World Showcase and Future World

Epcot - behind Innoventions West, near the restroom (sort of between Innoventions and Honey I Shrunk the Audience)

I don't promise the locations of any of these as we never found time to go look for them. Hope you find them! :D

Sassagoula Todd
03-24-2002, 10:58 PM
The talking fountains were one of my 5 year old sons favorite things! One is located on the east side of the big fountain, the other is near The Land. After he drank from them he was always "really thirsty" whenever he saw a drinking fountain, anywhere!!, resort, restaurant, airport ect.

Mufasa22
03-24-2002, 11:48 PM
Don't forget to look for 'Push' the walking, talking trash can in Tomorrowland, or 'Wes Palm' the palm tree in AK...

I've had the pleasure of seeing Push, but not Wes Palm - yet...

TheFoo
03-25-2002, 12:56 PM
I've got around 2 great minutes of video with "Push" from 11/01, during our last trip. DW had my niece on her shoulders, and Push came up and said "Ah, a two headed human..." Then Push came to me, and started goofing on me regarding my video camera...asked if I was making a documentary, called me "Spielberg", etc...I've got a great shot of the inside of the trash can. graemlins/rotfl.gif

The locations above are accurate, (Push was right outside of Cosmic Ray's) and if you see it, it is definitely worth stopping...the only thing that was cooler was when the band in fantasyland was walking by us when we were waiting on line for Peter Pan's Flight, saw my Mos Eisley Cantina shirt from Tatooine Traders, and launched into the Cantina Band song from Star Wars...we were AMAZED!!!

TheFoo graemlins/mickey.gif

[ March 25, 2002, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: TheFoo ]

jjramsey
03-25-2002, 02:30 PM
We shot a lot of video of the talking trashcan located at Rafiki's Planet Watch area in front of the Conservation Station.

It rolls around and talks to people. It has been out most of the times that we have been in that section, though we spent quite some time in the Station looking around before it came out.

Part of the fun was the train ride getting there. It is a bit off the beaten path, but the crowd around the can usually isn't too large. Our kids talked to it for about 5 minutes without any 'competition.'