PDA

View Full Version : Going to WDW alone

leesa
04-10-2002, 02:48 PM
Has anyone here gone to WDW alone? I am thinking of going in December for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. No one I know wants to go down in December, so I just decided I would go alone. I do many things by myself and don't have a problem with it. Actually, I prefer to fly alone. I guess what I am asking is for anyone to post their experiences going to WDW alone, or what I might expect.

Thanks in advance-

Leesa graemlins/mickey.gif

Clay Ransone
04-10-2002, 03:44 PM
Leesa,

I did the alone trip this past July. If anything it went better than if I had people with me. I could do things at my own pace, see what I wanted to see, and eat where I wanted to eat. You tend to get on rides faster when your a party of one. Also since I was alone I was more inclined to talk to random people and ended us talking to a very nice Brittish man during "Fantasy In The Sky". I did get a bit lonely but I had my cell phone and would just call up friends of mine and bug them at work while I walked around parks. All in all I had a great time and would do Disney World solo again but it is more fun with friends and family. If you have any other questions drop me an e-mail.

Erlesgirl
04-10-2002, 08:47 PM
I'm going alone for the first time in ten days and I'll tell you all about my trip.

SteveO
04-10-2002, 09:48 PM
I am a solo WDW traveler. My other half does not "get it" at all ( but we did go to Disneyland together this past summer because there was a conference in Anaheim two block away but I digress)so I go to WDW once a year by myself. And I have a blast. This year I stayed on site for the first time; the Contemporay. It felt super indulgent spending all of that money for a room JUST FOR ME! I loved the place. I'll never stay off site, or in a non-monorail site for that matter again!

Anyhoo, I find that going it alone is great for the obvious reasons and some that are not so readily aparent. The biggest best part is you have only yourself to make happy; you needn't worry if your travel companions are having as good as time as you. You can go on what ever you want when you want as many times as you want. The freedom in unimagineable. I never wanted for someone to talk to; I am pretty much a non-shy guy and would simply strike up converstions with the other guests waiting in line.

I hope you have a great time; I hope you find it is not a bad thing but a GREAT thing to do Disney by yourself (I won't say "alone" because you will be with 1000's of other great Disney fans. Don't forget to write about your trip!

Roland
04-10-2002, 09:50 PM
Going alone is the best !!!

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love it when my wife goes with me, but I can't wait every three years for her to get the itch.

Be careful of going alone, it is very addictive.

leesa
04-12-2002, 09:39 AM
Thanks everyone, for all the responses. I think I will enjoy going alone. I like the idea of doing things at my own pace and on my own schedule. Still hoping for an early Dec. trip!

Leesa graemlins/mickey.gif

Ms. Darling
04-12-2002, 01:25 PM
Leesa, you don't have to go alone. TAKE ME WITH YOU! TAKE ME!!!!! graemlins/muscles.gif

Seriously, my mother LOVES WDW at Christmastime. She says it's her fave time of the year to go.

Nurse Minnie
04-12-2002, 08:31 PM
Hi,
Just read your post and you will love doing Disney solo. I am making my second solo trip in about 17 days. graemlins/clappy.gif It's true you do tend to get on rides faster because they can fill up holes. Sometimes at dinner I might take a book with me but I have found that the restaurants at Epcot are great for solo diners. If there are not swamped most of the wait staff spend time talking to people who are by themselves and tell you more about where they are from. Very Cool :D