PDA

View Full Version : autograph books

librarygirl
07-23-2001, 09:09 AM
We are planning our first trip to Disney in late August. I have been reading about all the fun kids can have with autograph boooks and the characters. I have searched unsuccessfully everywhere for autograph books. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can buy three? Or, if I need to wait until arriving at WDW, where is the least expensive spot to purchase them? We will be staying at PO-Riverside. Thanks in advance for your help!

SteveL
07-23-2001, 09:12 AM
You could order them in advance by calling WDW Merchandise Guest Services at 407-363-6200. Or you could go into the gift shop at the resort when you check in.

------------------
SteveL
Intercot Staff Member
[email protected]

Personal hero: Jethro Bodine

PolyGirl40
07-23-2001, 10:35 AM
They are everywhere in WDW..

My kids got theirs from the resort gift shop, while my DH was checking in http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
~Carol
"To get to the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain."

Disney_World_Crazy
07-23-2001, 02:31 PM
I love the autograhs u can get them in the parks

------------------
Remeber the Magic

LottaLubes
07-23-2001, 03:09 PM
I recently bought mine at Giftsofalifetime.com along with the fat felt pens and name badges for the kids. They also take PayPal which was convenient for me.

------------------

LottaLubes
07-23-2001, 03:11 PM
Where are our manners?

Welcome to Intercot!!!

http://www.intercot.com/boards/bounce.gif

------------------

emibeck
07-23-2001, 03:57 PM
My girls got a Princess Diary from the Disney store that they used for their autograph book. Something we like to do is have the character sign on one page and leave the opposite page blank and then tape the picture of them with that character on the blank page.This makes a really neat memory book. Have a great time!!!

------------------
Been to WDW 9 times,
10th time coming 9/01

CuteAsMinnie
07-24-2001, 08:30 AM
Good thinking emebeck!

You'll be able to purchase them as soon as you get to your resort or the parks. You could consider getting one "family" autograph book. I seem to remember they run about $10 each. We're planning a trip for next year and the kids want to bring the book used on the last trip.

------------------

DisneyWizard
07-24-2001, 11:45 AM
And just to answer one of your questions - they will probably be around the same price no matter where you buy them on WDW property.

------------------
-Casey
(Kc, Wizzy, DizWiz)

"...I say believe in the future. The world is getting better."
-Walt Disney

MORTIMER
07-24-2001, 12:53 PM
On our trip in May, they were everywhere. I am fairly sure they were $6.00.

------------------
Sept '99
Sept '00
May '01
Next trip - Dec '01

G's DH
07-24-2001, 04:37 PM
You can get them at the Ocalla Welcome center and not take a chance of missing any characters. Also a good place to start and get that feeling started. That is if you are driving.

------------------
DL about 1970
WDW Oct. 1990 (Honeymoon)
WDW June 2001 Dolphin
Next trip: WDW Dec. 2001

wendy*darling
07-24-2001, 07:56 PM
Everyone is correct that you can get those autograph books nearly every place you turn around at WDW!!!

Make sure you bring (or buy there) a supply of FAT PENS- they are much easier for the characters to hold with their paws http://www.intercot.com/boards/wink.gif

Another idea my kids like is to have the characters sign their hat! They can buy a Disney hat in the parks or bring a plain baseball cap (or any kind I guess) from home and let the characters sign away.

One word of caution- the characters can sign hats, but they are not permitted to sign any clothing you are wearing. We thought it would be fun to have them sign their shirts, but we were told (after a few) that they really aren't allowed to sign a shirt if you are in it at the time...oh well.

------------------
Linda aka: wendy*darling
Intercot Staff: Disney & Orlando Dining
[email protected]

DVC owners at the Wilderness Lodge Villas
WDW:
4/92 (MK day trip only); 9/93 (Poly); 10/96 (DL & BC); 6/98 (YC); 2/00 (Contemporary); 12/00 (BWI); 6/01(FW tent camping with the Boy Scouts!!)
Next trip: June 2002 (ASMovies and VWL)

[This message has been edited by wendy*darling (edited July 24, 2001).]

carolyn103168
07-24-2001, 10:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LottaLubes:
I recently bought mine at Giftsofalifetime.com along with the fat felt pens and name badges for the kids. They also take PayPal which was convenient for me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
website does not come up.. is there another way to get there?

mktiggerman
07-24-2001, 11:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wendy*darling:
Make sure you bring (or buy there) a supply of FAT PENS- they are much easier for the characters to hold with their paws. They can buy a Disney hat in the parks or bring a plain baseball cap (or any kind I guess) from home and let the characters sign away. One word of caution- the characters can sign hats, but they are not permitted to sign any clothing you are wearing.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are also allowed to sign only Disney or unmarked/no brand showing apparel. I also suggest a Sharpie Marker (call me a brand loyalist). They're fat enough for the character to get a grip on, and also show up better on clothing.

------------------
Rob
WDW Cast Member
MK Parade Entertainment

"la magie toujours existera"

"ELEC, ELEC, ELECTRICITY!!!!"

"Beware of the Chuckie Dolls"

LottaLubes
07-25-2001, 06:00 PM
[/b][/QUOTE]
website does not come up.. is there another way to get there?

[/B][/QUOTE]

I just tried again and it's working:
http://www.giftsofalifetime.com

------------------