PDA

View Full Version : Special Occasions

Goofy Pluto
07-10-2001, 11:04 AM
I was wondering if anyone has had any kind of magical moments at Disney World for a special occasion? A birthday, holiday, anniversary.... whatever. I'm just curious if Disney has any kind of packages or special things they do for special occasions because my wife and I are going down there for our first wedding anniversary in the fall and I was wondering if they do anything special or if you can make some kind of arrangements with them to do something special. I'm also curious to know what wonderful things you all have had happen for you.

OK, I didn't put all of that as suscinctly (sp.) as I would have liked, but here are my questions:

Does anyone know of any kind of special packages you can get for a special occasion, in my case a wedding anniverary?

Has anyone had anything neat happen for them on a special occasion?

Thanks!

------------------
Garsh!

1979 - Polynesian Village
1988 - The Treehouses
1990 - The Treehouses
1997 - The Disney Institute Villas/The Yacht and Beach Club
1999 - The Disney Institute Villas
And coming in October 2001 - The Carribean Beach

cyber_steph
07-10-2001, 11:33 AM
Sure, Disney will do most anything you're willing to pay for!

Seriously, they do have things like honeymoon packages. My husband and I went last year, but we did our vacation a la carte because the "extras" that they added on just didn't justify the price. I'm in the same situation you are now. My husband and I are going in December to celebrate our one year anniversary, but there isn't a package geared towards an occasion like that. Instead, I plan on making a note of it when I make my PS reservations. When we were on our honeymoon we didn't really say so, so I think we missed out on potential special attention (plus, it was really cold and everyone just seemed to be in a bad mood...yes, even at WDW). I read in some book that Cinderella's Castle will do something special for you. Also, the Hoop-de-Doo Revue gets you involved. Since we're going two months after our "real" anniversary, I plan on making everyday that we're there our "anniversary." Still, I wish there was some kind of package at the restaurants that guest can buy into that would include something to mark the occasion. I don't think there is, but maybe someone else knows.

Anyway, Disney World has to be the best place to celebrate something like a first anniversary. We were on a really tight budget on our honeymoon, but we plan to really cut loose (within reason) this time. After all, you only celebrate your first anniversary once!

------------------
off-site--1985
Disneyland (one day)--1999
All-Stars Movies--Dec. 2000
Port Orleans--Jan. 2001 (Honeymoon!)
Port Orleans (FQ)--Dec. 2001

tinkerbell
07-10-2001, 12:59 PM
On our last trip when we got the resort request thing in the mail it had a space for special occasions so we put down that is was our son's birthday and a little while after we checked in there was a knock on the door and the CM said we have a birthday present for Zachary, and they gave gave him a really cute card signed by Mickey and a Pluto beanie http://www.intercot.com/boards/supergrin.gif I was really surprised. I would be sure to make sure the resort you are staying at knows that it is your anniversary and they just might surprise you.
I have also heard that if you make PS at Cindy's castle and tell them that it is your anniversary they will give you some special glasses. Don't forget you could always see what the pixies have to offer http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
Just a little bit of Pixie dust is all you need!

PolyGirl40
07-10-2001, 02:05 PM
The possibilities are endless..I would certainly call WDW-Florist and have flowers delivered to the room while you're out, and surprise her http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

Intercot has an entire page dedicated to romantic things to do at WDW..

Romance @ WDW Link (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp)

------------------
~Carol
"To get to the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain."

wdwfan
07-10-2001, 03:03 PM
Last year my husband & I also celebrated our anniversary (12th) at WDW. I told CRO, when I booked room, and for the ps seating on our actual anniversary. When I called to confirm everything I told them again. When we got to our room (Contemporary) there were balloons, an autographed picture of Pooh, along with portable camera and picture frame. It was a nice greeting. We had dinner at the Flying Fish on the night of our anniversary and they brought us each a glass of champaign when we were seated. (my husband was surprised because we never told them when we got there was our anniversary. (He didn't know I had told them this when I made ps) Disney will try to make it special for you.

------------------

ToraTory
07-12-2001, 08:06 AM
Howdy,

What a terrific idea to celebrate your anniversay at Disney!! Hubby and I are doing the same thing, we are going in October to celebrate our 20th. Oh course our daughters are quite angry for not taking them along but hey you only have one 20th anniversary.

Thanks to everyone for the tips, I didn't think of letting them know ahead of time, for me just being able to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in a Savannah room was treat enough (we got in at a really good discount due to a postcard mailing). For the actual day we are going to the Polynesian Luau as we've always wanted to go there but it's alittle pricey for a family of 4 but not so bad for 2.

Have a great trip and remember to come back for your 20th! --Tory

------------------
Disney Rules!!!

Oct '01 - Dolphin and Animal Kingdom
Dec '01 - Coronado Springs
July '00 - Port Orleans
May '94 - Fort Wilderness Homes
June '92 - Caribbean Resort