PDA

View Full Version : Countdown Ideas

GrumpyFan
06-07-2001, 10:00 AM
My wife and I are leaving in 21 days! WOOHOO!

So, I need some help with ideas for counting down the remaining days. Since we were within a month, I have been doing something different every day to try and add to the excitement. Here's a list of some things I've done, and have ideas to do. I need your ideas to help for the remainder.

Already used:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Wrote number on bathroom mirror
<LI> number on shower wall
<LI> letter/note left on her dresser detailing reasons to be excited and how many days remaining
<LI> Unrolled toilet paper and wrote numbers on several sheets, then re-rolled
<LI> Wrote numbers in shoe polish on dresser mirror
<LI> Changed screensaver on computer to show days remaining
[/list]

Not used, but thinking about:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Birtday cake candle numbers
<LI> Numbers written across car windshield while she is at work
<LI> Numbers written on mirrors in car
<LI> Numbers written on back glass of car
<LI> Mickey-Money or Monopoly in the currency of the days remaining
<LI> Note left in her car
<LI> Numbers painted/chalked on garage floor/driveway
<LI> Mickey Cookie? with numbers
<LI> Homemade Mickey/Disney card
[/list]

So, add your ideas here. And, feel free to use any of the ones I have listed.

[This message has been edited by GrumpyFan (edited June 07, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by GrumpyFan (edited June 15, 2001).]

cicelyalaska
06-07-2001, 10:21 AM
o my god, your ideas are so great, i'll be laughing all morning...

http://www.intercot.com/boards/bounce.gif http://www.intercot.com/boards/supergrin.gif http://www.intercot.com/boards/rollsmile.gif http://www.intercot.com/boards/supergrin.gif http://www.intercot.com/boards/bounce.gif

------------------
"may it go well for you, and may your hearts be gladdened with the beauty of mexico."

"zip-a-dee-doo-dah, tip for today!"

figgie
06-07-2001, 10:33 AM
I e-mail my hubby at work with the countdown every day! He says we had better have another trip planned after our trip to Odyssey next week, so he has something to look forward to every day or he will miss the numbers on the screen! How could I let him down, we will be going back 2 days after Christmas this year with our (adult)kids and friends. I will be starting the next countdown when we return from Intercot Odyssey!

------------------
šoš figgie šoš

BarBelle
06-07-2001, 10:38 PM
Make it look like Mickey got into the house and chewed your cheese into the shape of a number http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif.

-- BarBelle
Now that's one talented rodent.

------------------

LottaLubes
06-08-2001, 09:32 AM
I love the toilet paper one! If you use sidewalk chalk, make sure you do it on the driveway (not the garage floor!)...easier clean-up which she will appreciate! (As a side note, each year I decorate the road at the bus stop with a great School's out - enjoy your summer, etc. for the bus driver and kids - they love it and look forward to it. Of course there always seems to be more traffic on those days!)

Does she work? How about on day 12 (remaining) send a dozen roses to work with a note saying 12 days left?

What great ideas you have though! Anyone else?

------------------

The*REAL*EvilQueen
06-08-2001, 04:05 PM
The last time I did the "Countdown to Disney", with my friends, we would call each other on the phone & just say, "27!!!" (or how many days left)giggle, then hang up! We used to see who would call each other first. It was great, because we would usually be in work & we would sometimes catch each other off guard after we hung up with them, but then we would take a moment to "reflect" on our upcoming trip & smile! Also, we made up a silly song to the tune of "When You Wish Apon A Star" ..."Disney is the place to be...etc..." and we would sing the song if we didn't just hang up after saying the number of days left. It was great!...
Loved the toilet paper idea....may use it in the future...oh and PS, my friends & I are all 30 something!!! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
"It all started with a mouse!"
~ Walt Disney

Narcoossee'sFan
06-10-2001, 07:39 AM
I wish my husband got into counting down like that!

------------------
Valerie a.k.a. Narcoossee's Fan
Next Trip June 11-15; Following Trip September 13-16!

GrumpyFan
06-11-2001, 11:40 PM
Where are all the creative minds here?
I thought that surely I would get at least a dozen answers. Haven't any of you done anything like this before? C'mon, I'm trying to get my wife in the mood. She's been working a third shift job and its really wearing on the both of us. But, there's only 17 more days left, and then we'll be there!!!

------------------

VickiP
06-12-2001, 02:00 PM
I'm not very creative at all, but you could buy her some flowers for one day. If you went with day 12, you could get her 12 roses, or carnations, whatever and then just write the number on the little card that they send.... Maybe you've done that before......

------------------
Momma don't whup little Buford, Momma don't pound on his head,
Momma don't whup little Buford, I think you should shoot him instead.

Country Bear Jamboree

aristocatmom
06-12-2001, 02:49 PM
Okay, I don't know how creative I am, but here are some ideas: Post-it notes stick anywhere...form a number (how many days left) with post-its and stick them somewhere funny. If you've really got a lot of time, write something on each post-it (try sticking them to the ceiling above the bed!)
Also,, how about emptying her underwear drawer and putting a card or poster there? How about balloons tied to the fence/porch/stairs/etc... How about setting the stereo up with a Disney CD with a note to "press here" and play a great Disney song to get her in the mood. How about pictures from prior trips (can't remember....have you been before?)...one for each day until you leave? Got any Disney beanies or stuffed animals? How about a window display like they do at the resorts? Hope this helps!

------------------
Aristocatmom

"Everybody wants to be a cat"

wdwfan
06-12-2001, 04:53 PM
Address envelope and put in mailbox, so when she opens it it will have number on it.

------------------

GrumpyFan
06-15-2001, 12:18 PM
I can't believe this! No offense to Aristocatmom and the others who gave some suggestions, but I really thought there would be a bigger response to this. Anyway, I expnaded on a few ideas and came up with a few more on my own. And, again I say, feel free to use these for yourself.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Draw mickey ears or write numbers using bathtub crayons (colored) or grease pencil (black/red?) on mirrors or windows or even metal doors
<LI>Clear shoe polish on mirrors in bathroom so that it only shows if the mirrors are steamy, this is a great "hidden mickey" will also work on car windows
<LI>Hang a banner inside garage so she'll see it first thing when she comes in the garage
<LI>Note left in her pants pocket or shoe or purse
<LI>Cutout mickey ears using construction paper, just use a large cup and smaller cup and make the circles and cut
<LI>Use idea above (cutout), just fold paper in half and make a folded greeting card-like set of mickey ears with your own note inside
<LI>Number the stairs leading up to bedroom using cutout mickey ears in our case there are 13
<LI>Planning video in bedroom TV/VCR with sticky note to push play
<LI>Remove the specific number key(s) from keyboard
<LI>Baby powder/Carpet powder number into carpet
<LI>Arrange clothes in floor into number
[/list]

I'm not sure where I got all of these ideas, it's not like me to be this creative. http://www.intercot.com/boards/grazy.gif Maybe it's just the excitement of going back to Disney with just my sweetie! http://www.intercot.com/boards/ksmile.gif

Well, if nothing else, maybe I've helped somebody else. But, I'm still looking for a few more if anybody has any ideas post 'em.

BTW: In case anybody was wondering, 14 days!

[This message has been edited by GrumpyFan (edited June 15, 2001).]

LottaLubes
06-15-2001, 03:41 PM
Grumpy - I also thought this topic would have been a HUGE hit! The only idea I could come up with was the dozen roses I already mentioned.

I do have another. Do you ever get fast food in a drive through? If so, maybe you can call ahead and let the person know you are coming, describe the car, etc. Make sure your wife is driving and when she picks up the food, have the server say, "by the way, I hear you only have xx days until you go to Disney."

Or, do you go to a pizza place often? How about a cheese and pepperoni pizza but have the pepperoni placed on the pizza with the number of days left.

OK, you can probably tell I'm hungry! http://www.intercot.com/boards/biggrin.gif

Here is one non-food related. Does your local wheather TV station accept tidbits like drawings, birthday/anniversary announcements? Our weatherman always has a tidbit. Maybe you can send in something and have him say "Did you know that (your wife's name) only has xx days left until she goes to Disney?" First name only - you don't want to broadcast to the criminals!

(I still like the toilet paper one the best!)

Come on guys, let's get some ideas going!

------------------

CuteAsMinnie
06-16-2001, 12:55 PM
Grumpy, it sure looks to me like you don't need any help with this matter. I thought I was creative, but you got me beat! I will definitely be using your ideas in the future!

------------------

EeyoreFan
06-18-2001, 11:57 AM
I know that this is a pretty cheesy reply and that its not very creative but my DH and I did this last year and it was really fun.

I made a paper chain at about 120 days left. On each loop of the chain I wrote the # of days remaining and a special Disney memory that we had from previous trips or something new that we were going to try on this trip. Each night we would remove a ring and read the item of the Day. The last one said "I can't wait until tomorrow. I love you." We still have it on our fridge.

During the countdown I was sent to Denver on business for a week. I had DH call me each night to read the ring. It made the anticipation really special for us.

Like I said cheesy...but we enjoyed it.
Anyway, have a wonderful trip!!!

------------------

LottaLubes
06-18-2001, 01:00 PM
EeyoreFan - I don't think this is cheesy...I think this is romantic!

------------------