PDA

View Full Version : PolyGirl40’s Pre-Trip Report

imported_PolyGirl40
01-30-2002, 01:05 PM
PolyGirl40’s Pre-Trip Report -- The Trip That Almost Wasn’t
February 9th - February 18th

Cast of Characters
PolyGirl40 -- That would be Me (Carol) -- Disney Vacation Commander in Chief
Mr.40 -- Dear Husband (Tony) -- Advisor on Fiscal Affairs.
One of those; “I don’t care, it’s up to you, Honey” personalities. He tolerates my Disney obsession -- but, would rather be hunting, anywhere. :rolleyes:
Jeremy -- #1 Son (15) Major Star Wars fan and the greatest teenager on Earth.
Shayne -- #2 Son (7) Happy go lucky sort. He’d gladly spend his entire WDW vacation at Innoventions.

I’ve been jotting down notes during my entire planning process. This is a diary of my adventure in Disney Planning 101.

Preface:
When we took our family trip to WDW in March 2001, we left not knowing when we would return. We are business owners and have many obligations. January and February are extremely busy months for trade shows and seminars in the Sporting Goods and Archery world. Plus, we did not want to vacation in March, with Easter being early in 2002. Many things were standing in our way. Time would be the biggest hurdle to overcome.

Well; Not only is this trip happening, we will be gone for ten days. My husband was able to squeeze time out of his hectic winter schedule. He spent last week in Tennessee and will have another conference in Pennsylvania upon our return. (Btw - He highly recommends the Opryland Resort for anyone considering a Tennessee vacation.) This meant we had a window of 12 days. Needless to say -- we are filling them with Disney. (insert silly Disney dance here.) graemlins/clappy.gif

After receiving the -- *All clear* from Tony -- I immediately called WDW and booked our accommodations. We would be staying 8 nights at the Polynesian Resort. (No big surprise here, Right?) graemlins/thumbsup.gif I made all of the necessary arrangements and let the excitement overtake me. I went from being so disappointed at not seeing the 100 Years of Magic Celebration -- to shear jubilance. We are going to Disney World! Yippee! Where to start? What to plan? graemlins/doubleeek.gif

Side Notes - Early Stages:
We have always used a travel agent. I was on a mission to prove I could do this myself -- and save money. In years past, I did not have INTERCOT. Now I was armed with a wealth of information. I had the big guns loaded and ready for action!

First things first. I joined the Disney Club with hopes of snagging a good resort rate. I figured I would look out for Annual Passholder discounts along the way. If I could get a better deal by obtaining an AP, I’d go that route. I will be up front and honest here. Our previous trips always exceed excessive amounts of money. We are not frugal and do not cut corners. This is the only time we can escape for a long family vacation. We save diligently.

I set out to prove I could cut into those past figures substantially. The budget gene escaped me at birth. -- However if I can get the same item for less money, I was going to do it. Don’t ever under estimate a woman on a mission! By going in February (Value Season) we are avoiding the $389 per night fee for the room. Once the 2002 rates were released -- I was able to call and get a 15% discount subtracted from my price with the Disney Club membership. This meant I’d be paying $282 per night! WooHoo! My first big savings. An $107 per night difference from our 2001 room rate.
Current Lodging; 8 nights at the Polynesian - Garden view

Airfare was my next encounter. Without the means of a travel agent, I started watching the various airlines. I’d check their listings each month. I was getting so anxious. I’d see them go up and down. I wanted to book as soon as they started rising. Tony assured me they would come down. Then September 11th happened. :( The airfares were going crazy. Flights were being eliminated and the prices were spasmodic -- at best. Some sites were not even doing advanced planning sales. I was beginning to panic when October rolled around and we still did not have plane tickets. graemlins/shakehead.gif

Finally Taking Shape:
We avoid the New York City airports. Therefore, we fly out of Bradley International in Hartford Connecticut. We prefer the earliest flight available through Delta. We like to arrive early and have the whole day for the Parks. The early flights were all booked. -- Yep, full. The earliest we could fly out -- would be 11 a.m. This meant we would land in Orlando at 2 p.m. My heart sank. But, I felt compelled to take them. I feared this flight would fill up quickly and we’d be stuck on an even later plane. I saw my first WDW day diminishing before my very eyes. :(

Then my dear sweet husband had a brainstorm. “Why don’t we fly into Orlando a day early?” Good question honey!! Horrah! Why don’t we? That is now the plan. We will arrive midday, the day before our original date. I needed to do some research. Tony has tons of points to use at the Hyatt Regency. We could stay at the airport in Orlando and have Ibex pick us up bright and early the next morning. We would check into the Polynesian and be at the Parks when they opened. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! No wasting time! I would call the Hyatt first thing in the morning.
Current Lodging; 1 night at the Hyatt Regency - 8 nights at the Polynesian - Garden view

I started surfing around the official Disney site, and came upon a vacation special link. I clicked on it. It informed me I could stay at the All Stars for $59 per night. Really? I could? I had a light bulb moment. graemlins/idea.gif Why use all of Tony’s Hyatt points when we could stay at the All Stars for next to nothing our first night!? We simply needed a place to sleep. I’ve never stayed there. I’ve never even set eyes on the resort. I woke Tony up from a sound sleep and ran it past him. Husbands always say yes when they are sleep deprived.

imported_PolyGirl40
01-30-2002, 01:07 PM
More Plans:
I get on the phone and run the code past the CM on the other end of the line. There were no vacancies to be had at the All Stars. Ugh! Saturdays book up fast, I guess. I could hear her keyboard clicking away. Lo and Behold -- She found a room available at All Star Movies for the premier location rate of $79. I took it immediately.
Current Lodging; 1 night at the All Stars Movies - 8 nights at the Polynesian - Garden view

During our conversation the CM informs me the Getaway code is good for most all of the Disney resorts. I decided I really wanted to see what the Value resorts look like so -- I passed on the search for anything else. She put me on hold to process my reservation. Uh oh -- I had another light bulb moment. What did she say? The code is good for other resorts?

She came back with my All Star Movies confirmation number. I quickly hit her with, “Does that code apply to the Polynesian?” She said, Yes. She then proceeded to tell me I could get a garden view for $189 or concierge for $234, if I booked before December 3rd. Holy Moly! I was paying $282 for a garden view. I canceled my previous reservations from August and rebooked concierge through her! WooHoo! I am NOW saving $48 more a night AND moving up to concierge!

My husband was thrilled. I came in under budget on lodging. This little bit of knowledge means a lot to a girl who is budget impaired. I did it! :D
(I considered tacking the additional day onto the Polynesian -- but decide against it. The concierge building is much smaller and I felt I’d stand a better chance of having my preferences honored by checking in earlier in the day on the 10th.)
Current Lodging; 1 night at the All Stars Movies - 8 nights at the Polynesian - Concierge

With the change in our traveling schedule, airfare was much easier to book. There were no pressures to get there at the crack of dawn. Our first day in Orlando -- will be a non Park day. By booking ourselves we were able to get round-trip nonstop tickets on Delta for $184 each. Last year we paid $267 each via a travel agent. More savings! I was on a roll. :cool:

Fast forward to December:
During the time since my bookings, I’ve been hearing a lot of negative feedback in reference to the All Stars being loud on the weekends. We would be arriving on a Saturday. I then saw a post by MickeyMom with the cheerleading & dance competition dates. Uh oh -- My weekend! Not to mention the Daytona 500 will be going on as well. This explained why the regular rooms were not available. I really want to have a fair judgment when I visit the All Stars. I don’t think I can under these circumstances.

Meanwhile, the Winter Getaway rates were extended to a pre-booking date of December 21st. I called CRO to find out if I could have an additional day bumped onto my Polynesian reservations. I could not. There were no concierge rooms left utilizing the Winter Getaway Rates. I decided to see what else was vacant for the 9th. After much thought -- I transferred our All Star’s reservation for the first night to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. This will be right up my husband’s alley! No hunting, Honey! As of right now -- He does not know. I’m going to try to keep it from him.
Current Lodging; 1 night at the Animal Kingdom Lodge - Standard - 8 nights at the Polynesian - Concierge

I called the very next morning and upgraded to a Savannah view. graemlins/laughing.gif
Current Lodging; 1 night at the Animal Kingdom Lodge - Savannah - 8 nights at the Polynesian - Concierge

Falling Into Place:
One of the perks of staying at the concierge level, is they handle all of your priority seating arrangements for you. I received a vacation planner from the Concierge Staff, 90 days prior to my arrival date. I had already made the necessary PS’ within the 120 day window myself. I quickly filled out the itinerary section for my 60 day PS’ and mailed it back. I received a confirmation notice via my e-mail at the end of December with all of my information and confirmation numbers on a wonderful print out sheet. Thanks, Melissa! I printed it out and tucked it into my Passporter. PS’ all set!

As per my husband’s request we are again using a town car service from the airport to Disney. Ibex to be precise. Tony loves not having to drive once we leave our vehicle at the airport on the day of our departure from home. We’ve never encounter bad service with Disney transportation. Plus the Polynesian has some of the best options for traveling around the World. The town car is confirmed.

imported_PolyGirl40
01-30-2002, 01:12 PM
Daily Agenda:
I have left a lot of holes in both our Park and Restaurant plans. We love eating at the Kona Cafe. You can insert that into most of the barren spots. Also, we will probably eat a light breakfast in the concierge lounge on days we have lunch scheduled or visa versa.

I do not like to have a rigid park itinerary. It becomes very demanding and spontaneity flies out the window. We want to have fun, stay low-key and relax. Jeremy will be 16 this summer. We may not be able to go to WDW in 2003. He will be a Junior in high school and his obligations will need to be factored in, thereafter.

I don’t worry about my guys when it comes to schedules. They are very easy going. My main objective is to see everything and anything at Epcot. We never spend enough time there. Another must -- are the 100 Years of Magic additions. Everything else is flexible.

.................and last but not least.

You didn’t think I was done did you? Nope ~ I watched the special on the Travel Channel featuring the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I knew I had to stay more then one day to do it justice. I called to see if they would extend my stay at the special rate. You guessed it!

Current Lodging; 3 nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge - Savannah - 6 nights at the Polynesian - Concierge

The Itinerary:

Day One -- Travel & Arrival
Do some Detective work at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. (I need to get the hat from Eva.) I want to enhance my resort knowledge. I’m going to explore every nook and cranny. We have dinner arrangements set for Boma. I’ve heard wonderful reviews and decided we’d relax by not venturing off the grounds by going elsewhere. We’ll be on vacation for ten days. Why start out rushing?

Day Two -- MGM
I’ve planned breakfast at Boma. (I could not make up my mind between dinner and breakfast. It became clear when we made plans to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge - we would do both meals.)
We always spend our first day at the Studios. We’ll spend the day at MGM. We are doing the Fantasmic! Dinner Package at the Brown Derby. I’ve never had any success booking the package. They are always sold-out. However, the Concierge Staff can make those arrangements seven days before your dining date. No worries this year, we’re all set.

Day Three -- Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table -- I’m taking my Princes’ to meet the Princesses. This should be memorable. graemlins/laughing.gif (No Olympics. The Staff also booked this for us.) We’ll work our way around the Park until we grow tired.
Lunch PS at the Wispering Canyon Cafe -- Wilderness Lodge
We’ll mosey around Epcot in the late afternoon. Tapestry of Dreams is on my *must do* list. Off to dinner at the Rose & Crown. Hopefully we can get a terrace table again this year for a viewing of Illuminations.

Day Four -- Epcot & Polynesian Resort -- Here we come!
We’ll make the resort switch in the morning. It ended up being good timing - as Epcot opens later now.
Shayne received an Epcot passport in his Christmas stocking. He is very excited to visit the World Showcase countries to get it stamped.
Lunch at Teppanyani Dining in Japan. We ate here on our last trip. The boys loved it. It was one of 2 places on their list.
Dinner at Le Cellier -- I had to do major last minute shuffling to fit this restaurant in. I’ve read so many good things pertaining to this establishment. We just could not leave WDW without trying it.

Day Five -- Animal Kingdom
Main objective: The new parade.
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
Dinner at the Concourse Steakhouse -- Contemporary Resort
We plan on heading to the Comedy Warehouse after Dinner.

Day Six -- Sea World
We have not been back since 1997. Shayne has no memories of this wonderful place. He is extremely excited. His second grade class just started their unit on whales. I love this park. I’m very happy to be returning.
Dinner at the Flying Fish -- Boardwalk Resort.

Day Seven -- Kid’s Choice
Breakfast at Chef Mickey’s
I’m going to let the guys plan this morning. We’ll either do favorites or misses.
San Angel for Lunch
Dinner at Tony’s Town Square -- Magic Kingdom
Our main objective this evening: SpectroMagic!

Day Eight -- Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at the Crystal Palace (Another favorite)
A flexible afternoon and evening. I do not jam-pack our last few days. It enables us to repeat favorites and hit things we missed due to circumstance.
Dinner at California Grill.

Day Nine -- MGM
Lunch at the 50’s Primetime Cafe’. (My boy’s list graemlins/thumbsup.gif )
Downtown Disney for some Shopping, shopping and some more shopping. graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Late dinner at ‘Ohana -- Polynesian

Day Ten -- Travel Day/Departure :(
Breakfast at the Kona Cafe. We end our final morning here on every trip. My guys need their last fill of Tonga Toast.

Conclusion:
Those are the plans. They have been ever changing since August. I truly believe the Disney Dining and Accommodations CM’s recognize my voice on the telephone. graemlins/silly.gif I know this was long and tedious. Forgive me. I decided to document my reservation craziness for those doing their own booking. (I changed my reservations a few times.) redface.gif It really does pay to be on the lookout. I never had a problem shifting payments or receiving credits. Everything ran quite smoothly and the Disney phone staff was excellent. I must say; joining the Disney Club paid for itself with the ability to access Disney CRO and Dining via the 800 numbers offered to members.

(Btw - The cats out of the bag. Tony knows about the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Shayne blurted it out amongst his enthusiasm for sleeping in bunk beds graemlins/silly.gif AND - For those of you wondering. I did call last week to see if the concierge level was available at the Animal Kingdom Lodge during our scheduled stay. It was not. But - I would have changed if it were. )

I have a huge sense of accomplishment in booking this vacation entirely on my own. Tony’s wallet proved to be the winner.................so far. However, my final payment is lost in the mail - somewhere between New York and Florida.

What will actually happen? Stay tuned. Nine days and counting. :D

GreatBigBeautifulTomorrow
01-30-2002, 01:21 PM
Uh-oh... I have the Movies booked Feb 10-17... and I thought I had seen the MickeyMom post and decided I was okay... do you still have a link, Carol? Maybe they are leaving as I arrive... I hope! :eek:

I am working on my Pre-Trip report as we speak... however, so far, it looks like we will be just graemlins/tasty.gif EATING graemlins/tasty.gif 24-seven, so I may just post one in Dining and then a little one with the "rest" here!

So wonderful you guys can splurge on the resort... I spend an awful lot of cash on my trips, but stay low-key on the resort end of things, to save money for uh, DINING! :D

CONGRATULATIONS on the great rates you scored! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

EDITED: Oops, you are still posting your report... I will be back after I read the rest! :cool:

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: GreatBigBeautifulTomorrow ]</p>

dlpmikki
01-30-2002, 01:23 PM
Carol - that is fantastic graemlins/mickey.gif

if your trip is as good as your planning it should be wonderful graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/notworthy.gif :D

Piglet822
01-30-2002, 01:23 PM
Carol, I've always enjoyed reading your posts and I chuckled along with you when I read this one. The budget gene escaped me also and I always feel so good about myself when I do well on prices.
I sure hope I run into you while you're here.

KylesMom
01-30-2002, 01:42 PM
All I can say is - um - well - 'er - WOW! I'm sure you'll keep us posted on any last minute changes (which I'm certain HAVE to come at this point)!!! Way to go! graemlins/muscles.gif

Jillpie
01-30-2002, 01:46 PM
OK, so you didn't tell us to go and grab a nice cup of hot tea before reading this ;) :D I can't believe all you went through, you go girl! I have always used a TA as well, you done good! Just wondering...are you doing the 7 day pass here? I am also planning many of the same restaurants, I'm especially interested in how you liked Le Cellier and Boma, so please take some great mental notes, ok? I also can't wait to see the AK parade as well. Your schedule looks awesome Carol. Can't wait to see your reports!! (thats not too much pressure, now is it? smile.gif

NLODisney
01-30-2002, 03:25 PM
Great job on the planning Carol. I can't wait to read your trip reports as we will be staying at the Poly concierge in April for the first time. Ant suggestions on room location would be great. Have a great trip.

ChipDale
01-30-2002, 04:03 PM
Even though I was privy to most of these plans, it was such fun reading about them all in one sitting! ;) Carol, you did a fantastic job and Tony should be very proud of you. (I think I'm missing that "budget" gene too!) ;)

Now we just have to wait 3 more weeks to see how it all turned out!

graemlins/mickey.gif Have a wonderful time! graemlins/mickey.gif

GreatBigBeautifulTomorrow
01-30-2002, 04:26 PM
Okay, I got through the rest... by my calculations, you are at Cindy's on Monday the eleventh? graemlins/tasty.gif US TOO! graemlins/tasty.gif

I will be wearing my brand-spanking new Intercot pin and a tiara ;) ... my princesses will be in matching blue gowns and my brother will be wearing his crown, with any luck. We have a 9:05 P.S... maybe we will see you there! :cool:

Found the cheerleader info on the Wide World of Sports page, by the way...as well as Mickey Mom's post... looks like College girls will be there, not HS as previously thought... guess we will G-R-I-N and B-E-A-R it! I am sure my seven year old will be THRILLED if she sees them practice...

Your plan looks GREAT... all the new parades are high on my list, too. However, I am one of those VERY detailed planners... I have a very intricate itinerary, which I am then willing to toss out the window on a whim if it doesn't suit our mood... but I like having it! :D (And, thanks to your posts, it includes Neverland Club and O'hana's.)

As to that whole budgeting thing... tongue.gif

The only thing a budget is good for is saving the money in ONE place in WDW to spend it in ANOTHER place in WDW!

graemlins/laughing.gif

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: GreatBigBeautifulTomorrow ]</p>

LottaLubes
01-30-2002, 05:08 PM
Great report! I felt like I was sitting right next to you as you typed it! I have a feeling if you keep trying, you'll get conceirge at the AKL also.

So, Carol, you were able to get a PS at CRT, thanks to the conceirge staff? WOW! Did you get the date you wanted or did you have to be flexible? In my opinion, it's worth it to stay conceirge, just to avoid the Olympic phone bills! graemlins/laughing.gif It will be kind of neat if you can hook up with Anastasia in the lobby!

Also, I have a very serious question here. What happens if you go to AKL and like it better than the Poly? Will you become AKLGirl40? I don't know if I could get used to that! :eek:

wendy*darling
01-30-2002, 05:34 PM
Great planning Carol!
I, too, am budget-challenged... but I pride myself on making good, sound deals on our WDW vacation plans. Unfortunately, this year we are going in "high-season" in June, so our non-DVC days aren't the best deals I had hoped for.

I am so looking forward to your reports- especially the dining reviews. We tend to eat at the same places graemlins/tasty.gif . Dining is POSITIVELY the highlight of our trips.

Have a great trip- take copious notes and tell us all about it when you return. graemlins/mickey.gif

harlowandthemermaid
01-30-2002, 07:51 PM
What a great report! I usually change my reservations at least once too! Have a great trip! I'll be staying right across the lagoon at GF the 10th-15th, I'll wave from my balcony ;)

Bert & Sully
01-30-2002, 08:16 PM
Carol,

Now I understand what you meant in your posts earlier this week.

I look forward, with the rest of the gang, to hearing your report as we plan doing something similar in the Fall; or maybe sooner....

Dopeysfriend
01-30-2002, 09:43 PM
graemlins/notworthy.gif graemlins/notworthy.gif graemlins/notworthy.gif Carol, you rock! Way to go on the great planning job!

By the way, I saw the same special about AKL on the Travel Channel. It looks amazing! Can't wait to hear what you think of it! graemlins/mickey.gif

imported_PolyGirl40
01-31-2002, 10:26 AM
Thanks Everyone. I just tried to assist with the question; “Can you change your reservations”? graemlins/laughing.gif

I promise. I will take lots of Dining notes. It’s one of the premier highlights of your trips. I usually have my restaurant schedule planned - loooooong before anything else. graemlins/silly.gif

I'm glad to see I'm not the only budget impaired person. I can't be bothered. Hence the humor of this entire planning thing. :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jillpie:
Just wondering...are you doing the 7 day pass here? <hr></blockquote>

Yes - We are obtaining 7 Day Park Hopper Plus Passes. We will not be going into the Parks on both our arrival and departure days. Also - We will not need a pass for the day we have delegated to Sea World.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GreatBigBeautifulTomorrow:
you are at Cindy's on Monday the eleventh?

I will be wearing my brand-spanking new Intercot pin and a tiara ;) ... We have a 9:05 P.S... maybe we will see you there!
<hr></blockquote>
Your calculations are correct. We have 8 a.m. PS’. I plan on being at rope drop for Fantasyland by 9. We’ll probably pass in the hallway. I’ll be the chubby brunette without a tiara. graemlins/laughing.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LottaLubes:
Carol, you were able to get a PS at CRT, thanks to the conceirge staff? WOW! Did you get the date you wanted or did you have to be flexible?
What happens if you go to AKL and like it better than the Poly? Will you become AKLGirl40? <hr></blockquote>
Diane - It was as simple as that. I requested the earliest PS available on the 11th. No Olympics. No medal. No training. I cheated and was disqualified. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I’m sure I’ll love the AKL. However - no resort can replace that feeling I get at the Polynesian. It’s like going home. Besides - I’d be AKLGirl41. graemlins/doubleeek.gif

I’ll look for you Mel. I’ll wave back from the beach. :D

Disneywarrior
01-31-2002, 11:08 AM
Carol, As always I love the details! I'm happy for you that you are able to get back to the world this year after all.(and at a great rate)
:D The Opryland Hotel is very nice(especially at Christmas) and is only 1hr and 15min from my house. Anyway, have a magical vacation and I can't wait to read your trip reports. graemlins/mickey.gif

EvaBryan
01-31-2002, 03:54 PM
Carol -

Absolutely wonderful plans. You guys are going to have a great trip - and I think you found the budget gene. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I think CRO knows my voice too - my husband never calls and I think I should develop an alias. It is so embarrassing when I call and they say "boy, you have a lot of PS's in here!" What do they expect? We were able to fit in three trips in six months and we have another planned for May!

I am looking forward to your trip reports. They are always a joy to read.

Safe journey.

Eva graemlins/mickey.gif

MnDloveDisney
01-31-2002, 11:06 PM
Carol, wow! Sounds like a great trip...I loved reading the history behind your choices, etc. Enjoy AKL..it's wonderful..I can't wait to hear what you think of it. And Le Cellier too, it was a highlight for us in December.

Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Diane smile.gif

imported_PolyGirl40
02-02-2002, 10:51 AM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PolyGirl40:
However, my final payment is lost in the mail - somewhere between New York and Florida.

<hr></blockquote>

Yippee! Another dilemma resolved. I just got a call from CRO - My check has arrived. Not bad, huh? Four weeks. I wonder where it has been.

graemlins/laughing.gif graemlins/doubleeek.gif

DisneyWizard
02-02-2002, 11:51 AM
You are as obsessive with planning as I am! graemlins/crazy.gif

Sounds like you've had as much fun planning as you will when you arrive. Glad to hear you're working on that budget gene -- doctors can do wonders these days. ;) Have a WONDERFUL trip!

Jared
02-02-2002, 12:19 PM
Carol,
You could have told us to get something to eat and drink before sitting down to read this!! ;)

No, seriously, you're the best!! You did an absolutely fantastic job planning this trip all by yourself!!

Remember, have an amazing time!! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

Narcoossee'sFan
02-02-2002, 12:38 PM
Carol,
That was the most awesome pre-trip report ever! graemlins/thumbsup.gif I hope you enjoy LeCellier as much as we did in October. I don't blame you for switching from the All-Stars. We have had trouble with noise each time we have been. :rolleyes: Are you taking IBEX to get to Sea World also or are you taking a taxi?
Have a wonderful trip! graemlins/mickey.gif

[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: Narcoossee'sFan ]</p>

ChipDale
02-02-2002, 09:33 PM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PolyGirl40:
Yippee! Another dilemma resolved. I just got a call from CRO - My check has arrived. Not bad, huh? Four weeks. I wonder where it has been.

graemlins/laughing.gif graemlins/doubleeek.gif <hr></blockquote>

graemlins/muscles.gif Yay! That's great news, Carol! graemlins/muscles.gif

LottaLubes
02-03-2002, 09:26 AM
I just re-read your entire trip report, Carol! It's just as good the 2nd time around!

I have 2 suggestions for you:

1) If you'd like to get a SeaWorld brochure prior to getting to SeaWorld, ask the conceirge staff...they have them hidden in one of the cabinets. They are not allowed to display them and they make you swear you didn't receive it from them!

2) Since you were able to save so much money and since your hubby found out about your AKL secret, why don't you surprise your entire family by upgrading to a limo with IBEX? We promise not to tell!

imported_PolyGirl40
02-05-2002, 07:14 AM
Love the ideas Lubey. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Narcoossee'sFan:
Are you taking IBEX to get to Sea World also or are you taking a taxi?
<hr></blockquote>

I think we'll just call a cab when we are ready to leave the resort and then Sea World. We will not have to rush at either end with a designated pick up time. :cool:

Jillpie
02-05-2002, 11:05 AM
Carol, that might be a good idea for the cab thing. I'm trying to figure out that too, to go back and forth to Sea World...I'm thinking we'd be looking at our watches the whole time late in the afternoon to make sure we're there for Ibex...mmm now ya got me thinkin of more stuff!!! :confused:

tonyr
02-06-2002, 06:35 PM
WOW what planning. Im a active duty US Navy man living life in Puerto Rico with just me and my 7 year old son. Im taking advantage of the free entry of military and taking this op. to take my son to WDW which he has never seen. Being very budget minded the 7 day ultimate hopper pass for my son and I will cost 130.00 Were staying at the All star Movies at 49.00 a night. We will be there from 6th Apr. 02 to 14 Apr 02.
Tiffany towncar from the airport with a grocery stop. $$ it helps to buy snacks then pay in WDW. Were requesting the quitest section of All Star Movies we shall see. Also taking advantage of the Armed forces salute with Universal Studios for a day. For us military folks this is the greatest chance for me to take my son to WDW on the cheap. You can make PS ressies up to 120 days at some eateries and others 60 days. I have mine made already. As well as the towncar from airport. Airline tickets from San Juan Puerto Rico to Orlando are running us about 500 for two roundtrip. the hotel for 8 nights 400. and park fees 130. Im sure most of you will acknowlege that at these prices one must take advantage of them for us folks on a $ pinch. We hope to avoid the spring breakers by arriving on the 6th of apr. with easter on the 31st of mar. the summer special doesnt start till the 21st of apr. Working on daily plans there with my boy. Dont know if a 7 year old will take the 120 ft plunge at blizzard beach but he says now he wants to try it. Would welcome anyone with any input on making this the best trip for my son and I are welcome.
thanks.
Tony

Narcoossee'sFan
02-06-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by tonyr:
Im a active duty US Navy man living life in Puerto Rico with just me and my 7 year old son. Would welcome anyone with any input on making this the best trip for my son and I are welcome.
thanks.
TonyTony, Welcome to Intercot! graemlins/mickey.gif
Thank you for your service to our country. graemlins/clappy.gif My recommendation to you is not to become a slave to your plans. If you don't get to everything, don't worry. I am a big planner (especially for my Disney trips), but I don't feel bad if I can't make a seating or have a change of schedule. I hope you have a wonderful trip! graemlins/mickey.gif

Nana
02-08-2002, 09:39 AM
Way to go Carol!!! I love the price at the Poly you got. That is awesome. Please be sure your post trip report is as good as your pre trip report is. graemlins/muscles.gif

Jared
02-09-2002, 08:35 AM
Today's the day Carol!! Just want to wish you a fabulous trip, and I cannot wait for the trip-reports. We're all hoping they are as good as the pre-trip reports. smile.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

debby
02-09-2002, 04:26 PM
Hi Polygirl:

Love your pretrip report, you are like me your always thinking and rearranging.
I was wondering around what time you are arriving at the akl. We are going there also, but after a two day drive, so I am estimating that we will arrive there around 4 p.m.

I am concerned about arriving so late that we will not get our preferred sleeping arrangements, or view, so I was just curious what others do. Also we were going to try the dolphin with a great rate, when I went over things with my husband he thought we were going to the poly again, as we love it there to. So now I have to figure out which one to go to. Thanks,

Deb.

imported_PolyGirl40
02-18-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by debby:
Hi Polygirl:

I was wondering around what time you are arriving at the akl. We are going there also, but after a two day drive, so I am estimating that we will arrive there around 4 p.m.

Deb,

I just got home. I’m totally exhausted, - but wanted to respond to your question.

We arrived around 5 p.m.. I made several requests via my original reservations and a follow up fax two days before arriving.

Absolutely every one of them was honored. I’ll give more details later. smile.gif

TooGoofy
02-18-2002, 06:23 PM
Awesome pre-trip report, Carol! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story. We hope you and your boys enjoyed AKL as much as we did! Now...go start typing more trip reports! graemlins/muscles.gif

Jared
02-18-2002, 09:14 PM
Welcome back Carol. I filled in for you with an Attraction of the Week post while you were gone (Buzz). I'm one the edge of my seat, waiting for the report. :D

MKPlutoGuy
02-18-2002, 10:28 PM
Carol, that souned awesome! I can't wait for the trip report either! You really got very good deals with everything, and gave me some advice as well! smile.gif

ChipDale
02-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Welcome back Carol! graemlins/mickey.gif

imported_PolyGirl40
02-20-2002, 08:34 AM
I'll start my reports as soon as my lost luggage arrives. I'm missing two bags. One of which includes all of my notes and trip information. Good news though. They have been located. Apparently my bag decided to not leave Orlando until last night. graemlins/silly.gif My son's bag took a major detour onto a Boston flight. It then went to Newark and JFK via American Airlines. (We fly Delta.) They both should be arriving in Hartford today and sent by courier to my home.

I'm just thankful it was found. My teenager has been a lil' ol' bear worrying about his "stuff". Stay tuned. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Originally posted by Disney_nut:
I filled in for you with an Attraction of the Week post while you were gone (Buzz).Thanks, Jared. :cool:

[ February 20, 2002, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]

ChipDale
02-20-2002, 09:08 AM
graemlins/muscles.gif Yay! I'm glad they found your luggage Carol! graemlins/muscles.gif

I can't wait to hear how your trip went. :D

MKPlutoGuy
02-20-2002, 09:33 AM
Don't worry about the luggage, at least you guys made it home in one piece, and all together safely. Anwyay, Carol, what did you think of Bradley Airport? Not as big as JFK but its nice huh? :D