PDA

View Full Version : Neverland Club Specific Information

KylesMom
03-03-2002, 01:15 PM
DH and I are surfing the web, getting information and trying to decide if we have a comfort level of leaving DS (Age 4) at Neverland Club at the Poly. I know this subject comes up often, but we specifically want to know A) Who takes care of the kids; i.e., qualifications, ages, etcetera of care takers; B) Has anyone out there had a BAD experience with the hotel clubs; and C) Would you personally leave your greatest treasure there for a few hours? Also, does Peter Pan / Captain Hook ever make an appearance at The Neverland Club?! Thanks for any information you can pass on. I've looked at the recent threads but still want more information. :rolleyes: graemlins/mickey.gif

Imalismom
03-03-2002, 03:46 PM
While I have never used this myself, I have read reports from several peopel whose child wanted the parents to go back and not pick them up!

Here is some general info for you:

Age: The child must be over 4 and must be potty trained. The oldest they will take is 12.

Hours: 4:30 p.m. to midnight.

To make you feel better: Beepers are given to you so you can be contacted in case of emergency. You are also encouraged to call the childcare club to check on your little one during the time you are out.

Price: $8 per hour. Dinner is included in that price, and is usually typical children's fare, such as peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken nuggets and French fries, fruit and ice cream.

Activities: board games, puzzles, arts and crafts, video games, Disney movies.

Reservations: Required in most cases, although walk-ins may be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Call CRO to make these. You can also call the Poly directly.

Fine print: Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise a fee of $15 per child is assessed. Reservations are held for 30 minutes before they are released to other guests.

Tinkermom
03-03-2002, 04:14 PM
I have posted on this subject before. We have a son with a life threatening peanut allergy and I just did not feel comfortable leaving him and our other son (ages 4 and 5 last trip) in a kids club and then going to the parks. As you can see by Ali's moms post they serve PB&J. I was worried it would take us too long to get back to them if a problem arose (or God forbid an emergency). It can take up to an hour or more sometimes to get back to a hotel. Anyway, I still wanted to try to get some time with DH alone. We compromised, we took the boys to the kids' club at the Contemporary and ate dinner upstairs at Calif. Grill. I popped down and checked on them after salads. Also, the kids club staff was wonderful, they knew about our sons' peanut allergy and let me look over all ingredients for snacks (all were safe). I was able to relax and enjoy our dinner knowing I was so close and the boys just loved it, they had puppet shows, crafts, stories, and of coarse VIDEO GAMES! They cried when we went to pick them up begging us to let them stay longer! We plan on doing this again on our next trip. Good luck with your decision! Our children really are our most precious treasures, gifts from God!

Lisa

imported_PolyGirl40
03-03-2002, 06:13 PM
Carol,

I have pictures of the Neverland Club in my profile link. The themeing is fantastic. smile.gif

grumpy'swife
03-03-2002, 07:11 PM
My kids were 6 and 10 when we stayed there. It was the best part of their trip! The themeing is out of this world (Neverland...). I think the counselors were around 20-22. The beepers helped with any worries we had. They were very clear to tell us that the kids would beep us if they asked for any reason. This made me feel better. It is really nice to have some downtime! My son is still e-mailing a friend he met at the Neverland club.

KylesMom
03-04-2002, 11:35 AM
Thank you all for the information. We had hoped to attend an E-night since it's been 11 years since we rode Space Mountain :eek: and have never ridden Splash Mountain (even with kidswap, don't want DS to have to stand in line for something he can't do). After reviewing the open attractions we didn't feel right about towing DS with us since he would only be interested in one or two of them. I showed him PolyGirl's pic's and I had a jumping maniac on my hands. PLEEEZE MOM - I WANNA GO! If anyone else out there has any experiences they can pass on, that would be great. We - uh - have never had a "babysitter" other than my mom, so obviously we're nervous nellies. This is the first time DH has remotely considered this option.

Thank you again! graemlins/mickey.gif

Buzz Fanatic
03-04-2002, 02:17 PM
Carol, the pics you have are great! I am so glad I seen those, now I can show my son. After hearing so many positive things about it, we made reservations for him at the Neverland club when we go in April
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

KoKo
03-04-2002, 02:27 PM
Thank you. This post was very helpful!

wendy*darling
03-04-2002, 06:17 PM
I have used both the Neverland Club and the Sandcastle Club (Beach Club). My sons LOVED it there. They lament now that they are too old to go!! ;)

The first time we used the Neverland Club the ages must have been lower, because my kids were only 3 & 6. And both times, they didn't have the pagers in place yet, but they gave us a number to call if we wanted to check on them.

Although I do not know the qualifications for their staff, I am certain that they are thorough in their hiring process.

They provide safe and fun activities and meals, and will accomodate any special diet/allergies your child may have- just like at any restaurant in WDW.

Like I said- it is a highlight of our past Disney vacations that my boys STILL talk about- I wouldn't hesitate to give it a try. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[ March 04, 2002, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: wendy*darling ]