PDA

View Full Version : CHILD CARE

CHLOE
01-14-2002, 07:32 PM
Has anyone used any of the child care services? We
are coming in Apr. to CBR and were thinking about
the kids clubs at Poly or Beach club. Any ideas?
Feeling guilty about leaving our kids with strangers to party at D.D.

Ed
01-15-2002, 08:42 AM
Hi, Chloe, and Welcome to Intercot!

I think the good folks in the Vacation Planning forum will be glad to share their experiences with you, so I'm going to move this over there.

Please keep your arms and legs inside the thread, hold on tight, and have a great day at Intercot! Here we go.......
________
Suzuki GSF1200 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_GSF1200)

Dopeysfriend
01-15-2002, 03:33 PM
Welcome to Intercot Chloe! We're happy to have you join us! graemlins/mickey.gif

I don't have kids myself, but I did a search and found this thread:Child Care Info (http://www.intercot.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=005437&p=)(in it, Rhonda posted links to two other helpful threads too! smile.gif ) This will hopefully at least give you a starting point.

Happy Planning! :D

Jared
01-15-2002, 04:25 PM
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif Welcome to INTERCOT, Chloe! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

The link that Samantha posted, and the two links Rhonda posted in it should have all the information you'll possibly need about child care. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions. ;)

wendy*darling
01-16-2002, 10:27 AM
I'll add a little more personal experience info...

My boys stayed at the Neverland Club when they were 3 & 6 and at the Beach Club's program when they were 6 & 9.

They had a terrific time on both ocassions. They enjoyed the games (free video games :D ), the food, the movies.

At the Neverland Club they had a storyteller and I think they brought in some animals for the kids to see.

When we picked them up, my 3 year old was asleep on a cot and the 6 yr old was still playing video games.

Now they are 11 & 14 and look back on those experiences as some of the most fun they've had at Disney. They even remarked on a recent trip that they wish they could still go to those clubs :D :D

And the time you get as a couple is LOTS of fun as well!
Relax, and enjoy the evening- your kids will!!

Leah
01-16-2002, 10:45 AM
Doee anyone have any info on the club at AKL what time do you need to check them in? What time do they eat? How long can they stay there?

Leah
01-16-2002, 10:52 AM
One more ? if it says check in from 4:00 to 6:00 when you make your ressies can you make them starting right at 6:00 and they still get to eat?

Tinkermom
01-17-2002, 10:07 AM
The Kids' Clubs are one of the things that makes going to Disney so great! I am one that does not like to leave my kids, I just worry too much and won't enjoy myself. I didn't feel comfortable enough to leave my kids and go to one of the parks , I was concerned about the length of time it would take to get back to them if something happened (see, I told you I was a worrier!). But, I really wanted to have some time for just my husband and I. Anyway, we reached a happy medium. We took our boys to the kids club at the Contemporary and my husband and I ate dinner at Calif. Grill and watched the fireworks over MK. We were on the top floor and all I had to do was to pop into the elevator and go down to check on things, which I did after our salads. My hubby and I had a wonderful evening, there is nothing like eating a chocolate souffle while watching the MK fireworks! We then put the kids in the Kids Club at WL a couple of days later and my husband and I ate at Artist Point. Our boys (ages 3 and 5 at the time) loved the kids clubs. In fact they cried when it was time to leave. They had puppet shows, did crafts, played video games and I think they enjoyed the downtime after running aroud at the parks all day. They both want to go again on our next trip in May!

Lisa

GreatBigBeautifulTomorrow
01-17-2002, 11:10 AM
Here is the post that convinced me! (http://www.intercot.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=005474&p=)

I have a ressie for my two girls, 4 and 7, to stay at Neverland in 26 days! After reading some very positive reviews from parents, it sounded great for my girls... a little "adventure" for them. I booked it for them to have the experience, as much as me to have a little break. I have plans to see Fantasmik with my brother, with a back-up PS at O'Hana, in case I get worried about going too far.

I like the fact they give you a beeper, a phone number to check in and you can even take your child there in the daytime (see PolyGirl's info) to play and "check it out"!

As to guilt, read the last response to my post... made me see it from the kid's view. What could be cooler than hanging out with other kids at WDW? graemlins/mickey.gif

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: GreatBigBeautifulTomorrow ]</p>