PDA

View Full Version : Using the boats as transportation

alwaysbusy
02-06-2001, 10:44 AM
I have seen reference to using the boats to get from one place to another within WDW. I know that you can go from Epcot World Showcase to the YC, BC, BW, and Swan/Dolphin, and I think I read that you can take a boat from DL to DD. Are there any other routes that can be done by boat? Are there boats between the MK and someplace?

------------------

beth
02-06-2001, 10:55 AM
There are boats from MK to the MK resorts (GF, Cont, Poly & WL). There is also a ferry from the TTC to MK

------------------
beth
[email protected]
Intercot Staff Member

"Love and Mercy that's what you need tonight. So Love and Mercy to you and your friends tonight."

For more fun on all things Disney, check out our sister site, www.webdisney.com (http://www.webdisney.com)

For fun and info on the land that started it all check out our sister site: www.intercotwest.com (http://www.intercotwest.com)

CSX2
02-06-2001, 12:59 PM
The Friendship Launches you mention that go from Epcot to the Epcot area resorts also goes to MGM/Disney Studios.

------------------

princessesmom
02-07-2001, 09:12 AM
There is also boat service from FW to MK.

------------------

Gusgus
02-07-2001, 01:11 PM
If you want to take the boat from DL to DD during "peak" times take the bus. The boats are very small, we waited for almost an hour once and we were a little more than half way so we got off line. Mid morning and mid afternoon are great times. It's a nice ride and is long enough for my 5 year old to take a 20 minute nap.

Gusgus

------------------

TheInventor'sDaughter
02-12-2001, 10:03 PM
Can you take a boat from one MK resort to another?

------------------

TheInventor'sDaughter
02-12-2001, 10:07 PM
Sorry -- one more question. Is it easy to get onto the MK resort boats after the fireworks at MK? I mean, do you miss the crowds? And how long does it take to get from the MK to each of the resorts via boat? (Can you tell what I'm thinking? After the fireworks ... boatride to a resort to watch the water pageant ??)

------------------

BrerGnat
02-13-2001, 02:57 PM
The only hotels that you can travel between via boat are the Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary.

ALL the MK resorts ONLY have a boat or monorail to get back to them. None of them have a bus. This is only a problem when you are staying at the WL, if you miss the boat, you have to wait 20 minutes for another one, or travel to the TTC and wait for a WL bus there.

For all the other resorts, I believe that after the park closes, your only option is the monorail. I think the resort launches to the Contemporary, Poly, and GF stop running at that time. However, there is a resort monorail and a TTC express monorail. The one that is REALLY crowded is the TTC monorail, the resort one is usually empty and you will be at your hotel within about 5-10 minutes.

Also, regarding the water pageant, it starts at the GF and ends at the WL. I think it starts at 9:00 (that's why the resort launches stop operating), because it reaches the WL at 9:30. I would try to see the water pageant on a night when you don't go to the MK, or else, you can always watch the fireworks from the beach AND the water pageant right afterwards.

However, this all depends on when you are going. During the off season, the fireworks are at 7pm, but the water pageant is still at 9:00, in which case you don't have to rush anywhere.

------------------
"Come on everybody, here we goooooooooooooooo.....off to Neverland!"