PDA

View Full Version : Electric water pagent

BizzyLady
03-02-2002, 09:12 PM
What exactly is the electric water pagent. From what I have read it seems to be at the Poly? If so, when do they do it?

Thanks!!!!

MKPlutoGuy
03-02-2002, 09:47 PM
The Electrical Water Pagaent debuted in the 1970s in the Seven Seas Lagoon at WDW. It was so well received, Disney decided to make an electric parade out of it-the Main Street Electrical Parade, which ran over at Disneyland to 1996, and came to Florida for the Millennium Celebration and is now over at Disney's California Adventure.

Anway, every night, the Electrical Water Pagaent is presented to Magic Kingdom Resort Guests. It stops at Grand Floriddean, Poly, Contemporary, and I think Fort Wilderness to perform.

What it is, is maybe 12 or so barges that have lights shaped to King Triton's sea-theres a turtle, dolphins, dragon, etc. Theres also a soundtrack that plays with the pagaent as well.

Its a great treat the hotels that have it, and I enjoyed it very much when we were in WDW last Feb. Hope his helps! smile.gif

Beast_fanatic
03-02-2002, 09:54 PM
Nice description Eddy! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BizzyLady, the electric water pageant is held daily.

From a recent post on the topic, the times are approximately:

Polynesian............9:00 PM
Grand Floridian.......9:20 PM
Wildernesss Lodge.....9:45 PM
Contemporary..........10:05 PM

When the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom are held at 9 o’ clock the water pageant will be in position at 9, but will not light up until the fireworks finale. This only delays it slightly.

Hope this helps! Have fun! :D

BizzyLady
03-02-2002, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the info. So, if on our first night there we have a ps at chef mickeys and they said we could go to the balcony upstairs to watch the fireworks after dinner...then after that...we will get to see this electric water pagent?

Beast_fanatic
03-02-2002, 10:15 PM
Sure sounds like it! The wait might be a bit long though (since the Contemporary time is 10pm and even if the fireworks are at 9, you'd still have a wait before the pageant came by).

I'd recommend going down to the beach area to view it rather than trying to watch it from the same location as the fireworks viewing.

BizzyLady
03-02-2002, 10:39 PM
Thats what we will do. My daughter doesn't know any of my plans. She is going to love this. I am so excited!! graemlins/silly.gif

Thanks!!

MKPlutoGuy
03-03-2002, 11:25 AM
You're welcome! smile.gif

Thanks Rhonda! ;)

I would agree with Rhonda, to travel down to the beach to watch the pagaent, because there is a soundtrack that plays with the barges, and you might not be able to hear it if you're watching from where you watched the fireworks.

Have a great time! graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

Beast_fanatic
03-03-2002, 09:31 PM
You're welcome Eddy!

Glad to hear this fits in your plans BizzyLady!

The information in this post seems quite thorough and helpful, so I'm going to put it in the Vacation Planning archives so that it can be referred to in future posts about the same subject. I'm leaving it here too for now but it will be deleted from this forum at sometime in the near future. :D