PDA

View Full Version : REPOST - Envelopes and WDW

Imalismom
02-01-2002, 03:34 PM
This is a repost (which I am now going to archive).

This is what I do when I get ready to go to WDW. I have found it very helpful to me, so thought I'd pass it on.

Lets say I am planning on going to WDW from the 1st of the month to the 10th of the month, parking my car at the airport, boarding a plane, and taking IBEX both ways to my resort.

I make 12 envelopes up.

3 envelopes go to IBEX:
a) Says MCO to resort and has $10 in it as a tip to the drive b) Says resort to MCO and has $10 in it as a tip to the drive c) says IBEX payment

I gave envelope "A" and "C" to the driver after he puts my luggage into the towncar/limo and I give him envelope "B" when he puts my luggage into of his towncar/limo on the way home

8 envelopes are made up for housekeeping, and has $5.00 a day into it.

a) is put into the sink before we leave on day 2 b) is put into the sink before we leave on day 3 c) is put into the sink before we leave on day 4 d) is put into the sink before we leave on day 5 e) is put into the sink before we leave on day 6 f) is put into the sink before we leave on day 7 g) is put into the sink before we leave on day 8 h) is put into the sink before we leave on day 9

The 12th envelope I put into it what I will need to pay at the airport when I get home to get my car out of parking.

I have found this makes my trip go so much easier.

I have also gone a little farther and made envelopes up for food, if I am going to a buffet where the cost is set, I can have it all set aside, and when my bill gets there, I just put the envelope with the bill, and I'm all set to go. This has really helped with budgeting and knowing where my $$ is going each day.

Happy vacationing!

goudaman40
02-01-2002, 03:40 PM
Great tips!! Thanks

wendy*darling
02-01-2002, 04:18 PM
Great ideas Gail!

I like the idea of making envelopes for the buffet dinners- you already know what it's going to cost- might as well set it aside.

I also have an extra envelope with many $1 bills in it for the various valets/bell hops at the airport and the resort for baggage handling. There seem to be more and more of these poeple on each trip- so I just take a wad of singles and I'm prepared!

Having all the envelopes made ahead of time almost makes it feels like these items are free graemlins/mickey.gif