PDA

View Full Version : Okay, what about a lost hopper?

GreatBigBeautifulTomorrow
01-24-2002, 11:06 AM
Makes sense that an AP can be replaced... lots of ID info associated with it. But what about hoppers? Will it help to zerox the backs? I know they do have some code numbers on them... can they replace them from that info?

We never lost one, but I hear so many people misplacing them at a fastpass kiosk, that I am wondering how to be prepared.

Patricia
01-24-2002, 11:48 AM
That's a very good question I haven't seen in a long time. smile.gif

Always keep your receipt with you at the parks and have a copy somewhere else. As you already stated the easiest thing to do is photocopy the back of your ticket as soon as you get them. A receipt alone is no good as it has no personal ticket information on it. You will also need to prove you are indeed the ticket holder so ID will be required.

If you buy your tickets at the park and cannot photocopy them, write down the info where you can find it right away. I keep this info in two places also.

The information you need is on the 'magnetic strip' side. The numbers you need look something like this: WTS:010 02/16/99 184. The 'WTS:010' number is the computer that it came from, the date on the ticket is when they were printed, and the '184' is the individual ticket number. Disney needs all three pieces of information to help you.

roses
01-24-2002, 12:31 PM
This is a good thing to know. I'm going to have to write that down. So many little things I didn't know about. ;) tongue.gif

Dom154
01-24-2002, 12:37 PM
I recently purchased a 5 day hopper at the gate with my DC card and they put my name on the card and I was told if I lost it they could cancel the pass and reissue another.

wendy*darling
01-24-2002, 01:44 PM
I photocopied all the park hoppers for our scout trip last summer and it came in very handy.

Amazingly, only one scout(of 17 total) lost his pass. But I put their names on the backs of each pass and made pohotcopies of ALL the passes. So in case one or more were lost- we'd know which one it was!

I brought my copies to guest relations at AK on the morning it was discovered missing. The staff inside actually applauded me for making the copies. It made their job very easy, and we didn't have to wait long for a replacment pass! They said if everyone did that life would be sweet :D

Make copies and keep them with your reciepts in a safe place. And make sure you take them with you on vacation!- don't let the safe place be at home when you're in WDW ;)

mickeyd
01-24-2002, 03:30 PM
I spoke to a CM recently about this very subject and she indicated that hopper passes can be replaced if you only have your receipt. However, as wendy*darling indicated, the whole process is quicker and easier if you have photocopies or have written down the ticket number.

debbies
01-24-2002, 04:31 PM
Hi all, boy can I relate to this post.! I bought a 5 day hopper pass in July (because I had extra money that month)to put away for my DD birthday in Aug. We were giving her a surprise trip for her 13th. b-day. When I went to pack I could not find it an still haven't. I ask at my Disney store where I bought it and was told sorry , even though you have the receipt ther is nothing we can do . I was mad but it was my own dumb fault. When I read this post I had renewed hope so I called merchandising and was transfered to guest serv. the wonderful cast member said I have to write a letter to guest services WITH A COPY OF THR RECEIPT and they would research it and possibly reissue me a ticket.We are going again in May so THANK-YOU for asking about lost hoppers. THANK-YOU, DEB SORRY SO LONG!!! graemlins/clappy.gif

LottaLubes
01-24-2002, 06:06 PM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Patricia:
That's a very good question I haven't seen in a long time. smile.gif

Always keep your receipt with you at the parks and have a copy somewhere else. As you already stated the easiest thing to do is photocopy the back of your ticket as soon as you get them. A receipt alone is no good as it has no personal ticket information on it. You will also need to prove you are indeed the ticket holder so ID will be required.

If you buy your tickets at the park and cannot photocopy them, write down the info where you can find it right away. I keep this info in two places also.

The information you need is on the 'magnetic strip' side. The numbers you need look something like this: WTS:010 02/16/99 184. The 'WTS:010' number is the computer that it came from, the date on the ticket is when they were printed, and the '184' is the individual ticket number. Disney needs all three pieces of information to help you.<hr></blockquote>

This sounds like a great tip for the newsletter! Great question, Anastasia. I was going to add also that if a hopper is lost, you could always check the Water Cooler! You'll never know what you'll find hopping over there! tongue.gif

snmthecloser
01-24-2002, 08:19 PM
If you keep a recipt and make a copy as a back up you'll be fine. Also if they ask you any questions it's always a good idea to take out the original. If you are intending to get them at the park ask someone at the park's info kiosk to do a photocopy for you, or simply write it down, because for most people at WDW a recipt isn't enough. graemlins/crazy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

brer frog
01-27-2002, 09:22 PM
Last year my friend lost his, and he had to get the numbers from all of our tickets from everyone in our group to see what his number was, he was then able to get a new one.

Imalismom
01-28-2002, 07:01 AM
I know of someone who once wrote this on Intercot - I copied the information,and I should have archived it (I will now).... This was written by michael of michaels vips
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
Record your ticket information in case you lose them!! Although Disney is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets, they can easily replace them if they know which individual tickets to delete from their computer system. Every ticket sold through Disney has a unique ticket description and is stored in their memory files. Always keep your receipt in a safe place, and even have a copy in another location (!), to provide in case something unfortunate happens.

What information do you record?

The easiest and best thing to do is to simply photocopy them. Please, not the Disney art! The information needed is on the ‘magnetic strip’ side. If you want to write the information, the numbers look something like this: WTS:010 02/16/99 184. The ‘WTS:010’ number is the computer that it came from, the date on the ticket is when they were printed, and the ‘184’ is the individual ticket number. Disney needs all three pieces of information to help you.

If you buy your tickets at a Disney Store, the receipt alone will not help you! Receipts from a Walt Disney World Resort location are able to record the individual ticket information because the tickets are coming directly from their computer. However, tickets sold at a Disney Store, or ANY off-property location, are preprinted from the Ticket Services (the ‘TS’ above) office at Walt Disney World and then shipped out all over the world. Your receipt will only record that you did, indeed, buy tickets, but they won’t know ‘which’ tickets you purchased. Record your information! (The tickets sold at Disney Stores are often NOT in consecutive order, so please be careful.)

If you buy them at a Walt Disney World hotel, keep your receipt in a safe place and it is all that you need. However, if you have already lost the receipt and perhaps have some old ones at your home, you will see a series of numbers from left to right that begin with ‘079’. That is your ticket information – record all of those numbers.

Disney does not HAVE to replace your tickets – even with a receipt. It is ALWAYS an exception to do so, and that exception will be recorded when they do this guest service for you. Be prepared to answer some questions about them to verify that you are indeed the owner. (Another reason to keep your receipt at all times, regardless of recording their number information.) Don’t worry – if you are really the owner, you WILL know the answers.

We will not divulge those questions, as it would not be fair to Disney’s efforts to help all of their guests. We are sure you can understand that there is an element out there that will attempt to take advantage of their kindness. <hr></blockquote>