PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Space Center??

king mickey
02-13-2001, 04:48 PM
I grew up in Fort Myers,Florida from 1972-1994 and have seen just about all launches from KSC from my old home, but have never been on a tour.

Was wondering if it's worth a day trip over there?What time do the tours start, and what kind of tours do they offer?

I have a couple of Non-Park days planned into my December trip and thought it might me a good way to spend a couple of hours or a day there.

Thanks for your thoughts

------------------
"Don't be taken in by his welcome grin,he's imagining how well you'd fit within his skin,never smile at a crocodile"
--------------------------
Next Trip DEC 13th and 14th DXL
DEC 15th-23rd Pop Century

mikki.young
02-13-2001, 05:12 PM
I have been to Kennedy a few times - it is quite fun. The tours seem to change each time we go but there is usually a choice and you get enough detail to choose. Good exhibits too. I would say well worth a visit - in fact I'm thinking of going again next month

------------------
Mikki Young
Intercot staff - DVC and trip reports
[email protected]

WDW 18 Trips since 1987
DLP 10 trips since 1992 including opening day
Disneyland California 1 trip
Tokyo Disneyland - not yet!

DonLefNY
02-13-2001, 06:54 PM
We've done Kennedy Space Center too. Plan on a whole day there to do everything. Highly recommend it. www.kennedyspacecenter.com (http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com)

------------------
Don ....... WDW, been there, done that. Going back!......8 trips and counting!!

Offsite 4/90
Beach Club 1/95
Wilderness Lodge 1/97
Contemporary 1/98 & 1/99
Polynesian 12/99
Dixie Landings 2/00
Carribean Beach 12/00

Upcoming:
Villas at Wilderness Lodge: 11/01 & 1/02

NicoleP91
02-14-2001, 09:44 AM
I haven't been there yet, but I plan on visiting during our trip next month. I just wanted to let you know that if you plan on renting a car, Alamo has a promotion right now that if you rent through them, you get 2 free tickets to Kennedy Space Center (I believe they cost about $24 for an adult ticket). It might be worth checking out!

Nicole

------------------

king mickey
02-14-2001, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the replies and the link to their site.I'm going to go with the Cape Canaveral:Then and Now tour it sounds really cool and it would be nice to see some Space History up close and personal.

As far as the Dollar promotion,I arrive at WDW on Thursday and am planning KSC on Sunday so it won't be feasible for me because I'm at WDW till the following Sunday,but thanks for the Information.

I'd like to pay for as much as I can now, instead of waiting till the last minute.

------------------
"Don't be taken in by his welcome grin,he's imagining how well you'd fit within his skin,never smile at a crocodile"
--------------------------
Next Trip DEC 13th and 14th DXL
DEC 15th-23rd Pop Century