PDA

View Full Version : WL Flag Family

ronv22
03-13-2003, 06:14 PM
We just returned from our trip yesterday. We stayed at the WL for the last part of our trip. When we checked in we asked about being the flag family for the day. We were booked and on our day we were met in the lobby by Ranger Stan he was great. We went to the roof of the Lodge and raised 5 flags. The view is awesome from up there. You can see everything. He answered all our questions and was very graciuos. We received a certificate when we were finished. My six year old son loved it, and it was truly a memeorable experience. So if you can do this.

Talley4
03-13-2003, 06:22 PM
You are sooo lucky. Our stay starts on this Saturday and I am hoping that we can sign up to do this. I have read on this board so many great things about the experience.

Thanks for sharing.

SgtTigger
03-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by ronv22:
We just returned from our trip yesterday. We stayed at the WL for the last part of our trip. When we checked in we asked about being the flag family for the day. We were booked and on our day we were met in the lobby by Ranger Stan he was great. We went to the roof of the Lodge and raised 5 flags. The view is awesome from up there. You can see everything. He answered all our questions and was very graciuos. We received a certificate when we were finished. My six year old son loved it, and it was truly a memeorable experience. So if you can do this. It was a great Experience to be flag family. We were flag family in Nov. of last year. Good old ranger Stan was our guide. He is great we also had him for a tour in past years.
Little triva Ranger Stan raised the flags on the opening day at the WL.
The view is unlike anything you will ever see. I videoed the whole thing from the roof. This is something that I will neve forget.....
They ought to sell that WL flag I know we would have went home with one.

graemlins/doubleeek.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

NicePittfan
03-13-2003, 09:18 PM
My husband and I were flag family during our honeymoon--May 2001. I think Stan was the guide for us as well. We got some great pictures up there but boy do we look tired.

K+KMurphy
03-14-2003, 04:10 PM
We were the flag family in August 2001 -- Ranger Stan was there with us too -- my 5 year old love raising the flags and the view was terrific -- I highly recommend this to anyone staying at the lodge! graemlins/muscles.gif

Kelly
03-18-2003, 08:19 AM
What time is the flag raising?

ronv22
03-18-2003, 08:57 AM
We met Stan in the lobby at 8:00a.m.

faline
03-18-2003, 11:48 AM
We weren't a flag family but did get to enjoy the view from the roof by taking a tour of Lodge.

mickey23
03-18-2003, 05:09 PM
Does it cost anything to do the tour of the WL?

SgtTigger
03-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by mickey23:
Does it cost anything to do the tour of the WL? Nope the tour is free......

graemlins/doubleeek.gif graemlins/mickey.gif