PDA

View Full Version : Ft Wilderness campfire/singalong

watchaminnie
03-01-2003, 04:18 PM
Has anyone ever done this and can you tell me a little about it? Is it every night and is it at the same time? Would it be worth it to head over from the Contemporary to do this? Sounds like something my daughter would enjoy and we are considering it.

WDWdriver
03-01-2003, 06:39 PM
The campfire is a very pleasant way to end the day. It is held every night near the Meadows Trading Post at Fort Wilderness. It starts at 7:00 (8:00 during the summer months). There is a real campfire where kids can roast marshmallows or smores. Bring your own or buy them there. A CM leads the audience in songs that most kids know, then Chip and Dale come out to give hugs and autographs to everyone. The movie starts at about 7:40. It will be a popular Disney movie, often preceded by a cartoon. Check the Intercot camping forum for the movie schedule.

To get there, take the boat from the Contemporary. Once you arrive in FW you can walk the short distance to the bus stop and take any internal bus to the campfire area. Tell the driver you want to get off at the campfire.

AndrewJackson
03-01-2003, 07:26 PM
....and it is FREE! graemlins/muscles.gif

CJDDS
03-01-2003, 07:54 PM
It's great fun for little kids, and I like it too! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

aunt dawn
03-02-2003, 09:33 AM
We just returned from a 7 night stay at Wilderness Lodge. We took our almost 5 and 6 year olds over to the Campfire sing-along and they really enjoyed it. It is certainly worth doing, if you have a night free. The campfire is off to the side and available to roasting marshmellows (a first for my kids), the sing-along is a hoot, as well as Chip & Dale. We were there on a night that Tarzan was playing. We watched most of the Movie before heading back to the Lodge.

I would certainly do it again next trip, but next time I would bring along a small flashlight. It is quite dark after the sun goes down and although flashlights are requested to be turned off durring the movie, it would have been a good thing to have when the night was over (finding our way back to the boat dock)

Have Fun!

DisneyMom3
03-03-2003, 02:12 PM
I have 3 boys all under the age of 6. They LOVE the campfire program...so do my husband and I. It's very relaxing. The movie is always fun to watch and is different every night.