PDA

View Full Version : Trundle beds

loveswdw
01-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Does anyone have any firsthand experience with the rooms at Riverside that have trundle beds? Is there enough room to move around once the bed is open? Am I correct in thinking that trundles are in the Alligator Bayou section only? Thanks for any information.

sgdisney
01-23-2003, 06:13 PM
The trundles are in the AB section only. In the room we stayed the trundle pulled out from under the bed closest to the door towards the front of the room. Although we did not use it, it looked like it would be easy to pull in and out, therefore only taking up floor space at night (or nap time!) and there would still be plenty of room to get around. Maybe someone else has actually used them and can answer further.....

Little Pooh Bear
01-23-2003, 06:30 PM
UGH! If you have the choice, DO NOT use them! They take up alot of floor space and are very small and uncomfortable to sleep in. I was stuck with one for a week last summer. The sheets get all pulled around and they are in a bad spot if you want to sit and watch TV or have breakfast in bed in the morning...
graemlins/shakehead.gif graemlins/shakehead.gif graemlins/shakehead.gif

aldebkate
01-23-2003, 06:33 PM
Hi, we used the trundle bed in 1999 . We were in the AB section of riverside. My daughter was 9 years old and had no problems. She is a tall child so better yet. I would say that it was not quite the size of a twin bed. She said it was comfy, I requeated a spare blanket for her and all went well. They slid in and out very easy. Have a great time.!!!!

NLODisney
01-23-2003, 06:34 PM
We have used the trundle bed on two seperate trips. It does indeed pull out from under the bed near the doos. There is plenty of room to get around still and you can also go in and out the door. If someone is sleeping in the bed above the trundle I would try and make sure it was someone who doesn't normally get up in the night who may forget that someone is down there and step on them. graemlins/doubleeek.gif

aldebkate
01-23-2003, 06:41 PM
Lets make that I requested an extra blanket for her.!!!!!!

Baloo
01-23-2003, 09:20 PM
We have stayed there several times and the trundle bed is fine for a child. It is not really in the way when open.

We LOVE Disney
01-24-2003, 08:20 AM
We stayed there last July with our 8, 7 and 2 year old. The kids took turns sleeping in the trundle and it worked out well for us. Our's pulled out towards the door also and we were still able to move around and open the door. If you want mousekeeping to make up the bed for you, though, make sure you leave it out from under the bed. We pushed it back under the bed once and it didn't get made up.