PDA

View Full Version : Changing Hotels During Stay

tinkerbella27
11-06-2002, 03:19 PM
Hi, we are going to WDW in Jan. We are staying at the Yacht Club for 3 nights and then switching over to the Grand Floridian for 4 nights. Have any of you changed hotels during your stay? Is it a pain? Any tips or helpful hints are appreciated. Thanks.

Disney-4-Me
11-06-2002, 03:52 PM
First of all....
graemlins/muscles.gif Welcome to Intercot! graemlins/muscles.gif

You came to the right place to get all of your Disney questions answered.

I JUST did the mid-stay change of resorts the last weekend of October. I was concerned because I thought it would be a hassle, but I had read posts here of other people doing it and they reported that it was easy.

Now from experience, I can agree. I wrote trip reports so you could look in that forum for details but briefly, here is how it went:

We woke up in the morning at the Beach Club. I checked out, went to Bell Services and told them I was transferring to the Contemporary. They told me that the bags would arrive there between 1-3 PM. We went to enjoy Epcot, rode the monorails to the Contemporary and checked in there later that afternoon. Our bags appeared in our room shortly after that. It was that simple!

I left a tip for the person who would be moving our bags in an envelope on top of the bags separate from the tip envelope I left for the Mousekeeping CM.

I can assure you it is so easy that I think we will be doing it frequently from now on.

tkane
11-06-2002, 04:02 PM
We changed on our honeymoon from CB to GF with no trouble at all. Just let them know at the front desk and they will ship everything for you. Have a great trip

Jennib
11-06-2002, 04:21 PM
It is very easy...well Disney makes it easy for you so you can enjoy yourself. As everyone has said, Just let bell services know and they will take care of it. We left the tip in a envelope UNDER the bag so that it was not confused with maid's tip. The bellservices will see the envelope when they pick up the bags....

Hope this helps....have fun!

[ November 06, 2002, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Jennib ]

tinkerbella27
11-07-2002, 07:18 AM
Thanks everyone! We were originally going to stay the whole trip at the GF. I had ressies with the disney club discount. But thank goodness I heard about the AP discount and when I called to change to that, they didn't have our whole trip available for the discount. So I booked half at YC and half at GF. It saved us $800 so even if it was a pain to switch rooms, it would have been worth it. I am so glad it isn't going to be a hassle. Thanks! smile.gif

Zippa D Doodah
11-07-2002, 10:34 AM
I have a related question: Has anyone switched from an All Star resort to either a moderate or deluxe? Would it be just as easy to make the switch from AS Movies to Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary?

Thanks in advance

Zippa

big blue and hairy
11-07-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Zippa D Doodah:
I have a related question: Has anyone switched from an All Star resort to either a moderate or deluxe? Would it be just as easy to make the switch from AS Movies to Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary?

Thanks in advance

Zippa I haven't switched from the All Star, but from the level of service I've seen at the All Star when we stayed there, and having changed from other hotels, I'm sure it would be a very smooth process.

NLODisney
11-07-2002, 03:57 PM
We switched from ASMu in Aug 2001 to the Poly. It was very simple. I stopped by bell service the night before and made arrangements for our bags to be picked up from our room. The next morning we lfet early to go to the MK and took the monorail to the Poly in the early afternoon. We were able to check in right away. A quick phone call and our bags were brought to the room in about 10 minutes.