PDA

View Full Version : Please advise-hotel near Orl. airport for one night?

aleve
09-08-2002, 12:50 AM
Hi all - we are now traveling a day earlier than previously thought (oh, but the beauty of frequent flier tickets - the price is right!) We will be arriving in Orlando Airport about 5pm the Friday after Thanksgiving. Looks like there are still alot of hotels of expedia, etc. Since we will be on West Coast time, we would definately like a hotel that has a restaurant (full-service preferred), and room that has a balcany. Another option would be a 2 room suite, instead of balcony.

We are not terribly worried about cost, but want to spend as much $ as possible in Disney of course! THIS IS JUST FOR ONE NIGHT! Then we're on to Disney hotels, etc. :D graemlins/mickey.gif

Thanks in advance for any advice!! graemlins/notworthy.gif graemlins/notworthy.gif

Sweezy
09-08-2002, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure about balconies, but there is a great Hyatt inside of the Orlando Airport...that would give you access to restaurants, and it is super convenient.

Tiggerdog
09-08-2002, 10:38 AM
My sister and here family stayed at the AmeriSuites. They used the free shuttle from the airport the picked up their car the next morning. If you are using a towncar service instead of a rental car, the towncar can pick you up at the hotel.

Disneycrazed
09-08-2002, 11:35 AM
We are staying one night at the Hyatt in the airport because we are going on the cruise the next day and want to be at the ship early.

Its so convenient because you literally walk from the airport to your room.

I got a price of $124 for the night which was a AAA rate.

I know they have a full service restaurant there as well. graemlins/mickey.gif

Jennib
09-08-2002, 02:39 PM
Hi
There is also the Sheraton Suites which is about 2 miles from the airport. They provide a shuttle to pick you up at the airport and bring you back. The suites can fit up to 5 adults and it will be perfect for the one night. Here is the nbr:

SHERATON SUITES ORLANDO INTL
7550 AUGUSTA NATL DR
ORLANDO FL 32822
407-240-5555
407-240-1300

Hope this helps!

Beast_fanatic
09-08-2002, 07:15 PM
You might look into locations of Summerfield Suites and Wyndham Palace as they are both Intercot sponsors and would benefit the site. You can access them via the links in the top right hand corner of the screen.

[ September 08, 2002, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Beast_fanatic ]

MNNHFLTX
09-09-2002, 11:04 AM
Just down the road (less than a mile) from the airport are a whole slew of nice hotels and all offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Many of these have restaurants, but even if they don't there are also quite a variety of restaurants within walking distance.

Here are the ones I'd recommend:

Sheraton Suites - Airport (restaurant)
Crowne Plaza Orlando Airport (restaurant)
Renaissance Hotel Orlando Airport (restaurant)
Holiday Inn Select Orlando Airport (restaurant)
Hampton Inn MCO Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Airport (restaurant)
Hawthorne Suites Airport
AmeriSuites Airport Northeast
Marriott Orlando Airport (restaurant)
Fairfield Inn Airport

Here are some of the restaurants close by:

Bennigan's
Chili's
Charley's Steakhouse
Dan Marino's
Emmanuels on the 28th
McDonald's
Pebble's
TGI Friday's
Tony Romas

FROG0823
09-10-2002, 05:15 PM
Another vote for the Airport Hyatt...it is a quick walk from the gates and has a full service restaurant and lounge. There is also a Burger/Brew Pub place right downstairs in the airport and a ton of cool shops (including a World of Disney store). This is a nice way to pass the time after dinner and you don't have to worry about the weather.

We always stay at the Hyatt the night before and have been very pleased with the accomodations...for a few bucks one of their bellhops will also take your bags down to the Mears shuttle for you!

Wallermellon
09-21-2002, 03:03 AM
I just got a rate of $109 (for 2 adults) on the Hyatt Regency website; it was an Internet special. Expedia came in at $214 a night! I checked one of the Intercot sponsors first but they weren't close to the airport at all, which is what we needed.

jamadelizmom
09-21-2002, 05:33 PM
We stayed at the Marriott at Orlando Airport in May. We had an unexpected delay in getting home. It was very nice and they also had a shuttle to and from the airport. There were not balconies, although I am not sure I would want a balcony near the airport because of noise.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Hyatt in the airport.

aleve
09-22-2002, 12:07 AM
Well, the Hyatt is tempting since it's in the airport, but I already made a reservation at the Sheraton Suites for $65!! Am not sure, but we may be renting a car anyway, so the 2 mile drive should be pretty easy.

Thanks for all the helpful advice graemlins/mickey.gif