PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in Orlando Airport

Tinkerbelle
08-26-2002, 07:36 PM
I'm going to WDW in February, and my plane doesn't get in until 1:00 a.m. graemlins/sleepin.gif so I was thinking about spending the night in the Orlando Airport hotel. graemlins/idea.gif This would also save money on a rental car since they are rented in 24-hour periods if we rented the car at 9:00 in the morning and returned by the 9:00 a.m. on the day we left we would save like $70. So, has anyone ever stayed there? Would you recommend it? Any info would be appreciated.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
08-26-2002, 10:58 PM
Isn't it like $200 a night? For the amount of time you're going to be there, I would take a cab to a Motel 6 or something and then take a taxi again to get the rental car.

MNNHFLTX
08-27-2002, 04:13 PM
The Hyatt Orlando International Airport is a lovely hotel. We stayed there once the night before an early flight out of Orlando and really enjoyed the amenities (they have a beautiful rooftop pool area)and convenience. It isn't cheap, but you could easily book a room right now with Internet Rates for $160 and I'm fairly certain that there would be some other even cheaper rates the closer you get to February.

CaptainKirk1963
08-27-2002, 08:10 PM
I certainly understand your rental car strategy. I strongly recomend you consider priceline.com for an airport hotel. I have stayed at the Rennaissance for $27 ($119 rooms). If you are interested just email me and I'll be glad to help. Priceline can be very helpful if used correctly. All the priceline hotels at MCO provide free transport.

[ April 27, 2004, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: MNNHFL ]

WDW crazy
08-29-2002, 04:45 AM
We will be staying at the Hyatt at the airport on Sept. 26. Our flight comes in about 12:30AM so we decided to stay there that night and then get an early start. We got the room for about $140.00. To me it's worth it because we are 2 moms and 3 kids and don't want to be traveling that late at night.

Disneycrazed
08-29-2002, 07:34 AM
I'll be staying there in November the day before my family and I leave on our Disney Cruise.

I wanted to get to Orlando a day earlier so I don't have that extra stress of getting to the boat on time.

I was able to get a AAA rate of $124/night. Try AAA if you are a member or maybe you might belong to another club or organization that may give you a discount on the room.
graemlins/mickey.gif

Tinkerbelle
08-29-2002, 09:23 PM
Thanks for your help everyone! You guys are great! graemlins/clappy.gif