PDA

View Full Version : Room sizes

wishingstar
08-30-2002, 01:48 PM
Last December, my husband and I splurged and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. Although, the hotel was wonderful, we were sorely disappointed at the room size. We had stayed previous times at CBR, PO and DL, all of which has significantly bigger room sizes.

Can you compare the moderate and high-end room sizes?

We are returning in January 2002 with our then to be 7-month baby and will need lots of room.

P.S. I have been reading these boards for over a year, although I never participated until now. Thanks for all the advice! graemlins/mickey.gif

spiceypj
08-30-2002, 02:39 PM
the Polyn and the Cont have the largest room - unless you want a Home-away-from-home - then the GV at OKW or BWV (much bigger than alot of houses)- but I don't think you want to go that far.

WL now has the VWL a 1-bedroom there is very big -comes with a kitchen, washer/dryer, whirlpool tub,king bed in the bedroom, and a queen sleeper sofa in the livingroom. You can rent points from a DVC member and save some money. If you are interested you can email, and I can send you some websites that you can rent points from. OKW, of the DVC resorts, has the largest rooms, since it is not next to a park, it also is the cheapest to rent. VWL has the boat service to the MK, BCV or BWV you can walk or boat to EPcot or Studios, OKW just have boat service to DD.

If you just want a room then try the Poly - the BC/YC rooms are a little smaller.

imported_PolyGirl40
08-30-2002, 03:02 PM
Welcome --- smile.gif

All Stars = 260 sq. ft.
Animal Kingdom Lodge = 344 sq. ft.
Boardwalk = 380 sq. ft.
Caribbean Beach = 340 sq. ft.
Contemporary = 422 sq. ft.
Coronada Springs = 314 sq. ft.
Grand Floridian = 400 sq. ft.
Polynesian Resort 410 sq. ft.
Port Orleans Riverside & French Quarters = 314 sq. ft.
Wilderness Lodge = 340 sq. ft.
Yacht & Beach Club = 380 sq. ft.

You can read all about the resorts by clicking the Resorts/Lodging Link (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/default.asp), located under Disney Info in the left-hand margin.

Disney-4-Me
08-30-2002, 05:18 PM
PolyGirl gave you all of the information you need, I just wanted to say, welcome to Intercot! graemlins/muscles.gif
And isn't it incredible how much room a baby takes up??!!!

WDWLori
08-30-2002, 07:52 PM
Also, the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian have larger bathrooms that are laid out very nicely. I'm sure everyone here can relate to how hard it is to share a hotel bathroom with the family!