PDA

View Full Version : How late is Check-In?

CanadaEh28
07-25-2002, 10:13 PM
I know at my hotel check-in starts at 4...but when does the hotel close for the night? We are arriving in Orlando at about 8, from Canada, so should we have time to get there? (I am staying at All-Star Movies)

[ July 25, 2002, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: CanadaEh28 ]

TiggerRPh
07-25-2002, 10:25 PM
You should be able to check in no matter when you arrive. I know none of the Disney hotels "close" and I would think it would be the same with most major non-Disney hotels.

EmisDisneyMom
07-26-2002, 02:13 PM
There is someone at the check-in counter 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You should find several people able to help you when you arrive.

DizKnee
07-28-2002, 06:07 PM
When you get there early, you can check in, and they will give you a card with a telephone number on it. You can leave your bags with the bell captain, and then go and do whatever. When 3 or so rolls around, you can call the number on the card, and they'll tell you what room you're in. They will take your bags up to your room where they will be waiting when you get there.

Flower
07-28-2002, 10:42 PM
When we went for our honeymoon in Feb 2000 we were scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 8pm. Our flight out of Toronto experienced some 'technical difficulties' and we did not get off the tarmack until 1130pm. We arrived in Orlando around 2, by the time we caught a shuttle to the rental company, picked up the car and arrived at the CBR it was around 4am (We did not have a zippidee-doo-dah day :( )

Needless to say, in answer to your question yes, there is someone at the hotels 24-7 for check-in. I cross my fingers that you will not have the bad luck that we had. Needless to say, I have convinced DH that this year it is time to drive and see some of the good 'ole USA !

p.s. Take snacks with you on your carry on. Our biggest mistake was not eating thinking we would be in Orlando around 8pm and could grab a nice dinner. Terminal 3 at Toronto Int'l has restaraunts that shut down around 8pm. Because we had gone through security there was no going back - there were no vending machines where we were either. It was horrible!

frakers
07-29-2002, 01:57 PM
Having managed hotels for a number of years I can answer this pretty confidently. When you guarantee a reservation, as all WDW resorts are done, your reservation is good till the night audit rolls through the room inventory. In other words, the system starts the new day's reservations, determines you are a no show from the previous day and charges you anyway. I would imagine WDW audits are pretty much on time each night. In my experience, the rooms rolled over at around 3:00 - 4:00 am. If you have an old bill from one of the resorts and see what time Room & Tax was posted, that's the time your reservation is no longer good for the day.

LoriR
07-31-2002, 11:16 AM
I always call the hotel the day before and tell them that I will be checking in late, and ask them to hold the room for me. This really shouldn't be a problem at Disney, buut it can't hurt to let them know in advance.

CanadaEh28
07-31-2002, 05:49 PM
Thanks everyone I really appreciate the info! graemlins/mickey.gif
My trip is only 80 days away!!!!! graemlins/clappy.gif