PDA

View Full Version : The Beach Club Resort

Minnie Meshoe
12-13-2002, 03:21 PM
We are a family of five thinking about staying at the Beach Club next
May 2003. Can anyone give me thier experiences, thoughts, likes, dislikes
comments and suggestions regarding that deluxe resort? Thanks.

Jeff
12-13-2002, 07:38 PM
My family loves the BC.
Positive points:
1. THE POOL - it is a mini water park. Great slide, sand bottom, "sinking sand", whirlpool. It is worth the stay in itself.
2. The location. Short walk to Epcot. Longer walk (around 20 min) to MGM or take the boat. Very short walk to the Boardwalk.
3. Many, many food options w/in a short walk. Beaches and Cream, great burgers and ice cream is in the resort.
4. View across the lake to Boardwalk is very nice.
5. Staff is great.
Negative points:
1. Some of the balconys are very small.

GoofyWill
12-14-2002, 07:09 PM
I was not that impressed with the beach club :( , but mind you this I had stayed at the Polynesian for the 1st part of the trip. The BC had smaller rooms (Not as sound proof as the Poly), tiny balconies that only one person could fit on (some rooms have larger ones), poorly operating laundry machines (had to speak to a manager to get our money back for driers that would not dry), lack of seating at Beaches and Cream.

The good thing about the YC/BC is its location.

MNNHFLTX
12-16-2002, 09:49 AM
As Jeff mentioned, a huge plus of staying at Beach Club is Stormalong Bay pool--make sure and make some time to play there during the day. We stayed in a room in the wing closest (and facing) Epcot, and loved that we could hear (and see some of) Illuminations from our balcony every evening. Also, this put us into position to literally take the elevator down to the first floor, walk out of the building and over the bridge to Epcot. We would eat in a different country (in the World Showcase) every night!

Donald Duck
12-16-2002, 04:07 PM
The BC is our favorite resort.

It has the best pool (more like a mini water park)than any other Disney hotel.
It's also in a great location.
You can walk to EPCOT, take a boat to MGM and take a monorail from EPCOT to the Magic Kingdom.

The hotel is beautifully decorated and has a great reataurant (Cape May Cafe) and a great ice cream place (Beaches 'N' Cream.)

It's very close to the Boardwalk which has clubs, restaurants and stores.

It also has a beach. You can rent all kinds of boats at the marina.

Some of the rooms do have small baclonies (I think the 2nd & 4th floor rooms). But you can request a room with a full balcony.

We actually booked a standard room the last 2 times we stayed there and got upgraded to a Jr. suite both times !
You couldn't believe how big the room was.
We had a corner room overlooking the pool with 2 balconies !

smile.gif

[ December 16, 2002, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Donald Duck ]

Minnie Meshoe
12-17-2002, 08:04 AM
If possible , could you tell me how you got upgraded to the Jr. Suite. How does that
happen? Do you ask upon arrival or before you depart for the resort? Thanks.

fboisseau
12-17-2002, 10:50 AM
If I may make a suggestion, with a group of 5 you might want to check out the Beach Club Villas or the Boardwalk Villas. After the members have had their pick of the rooms they open them up to the public. We are staying at the Beach Club this year and have stayed at the Boardwalk in the past and have found the cost of the room to be worth it compared to multible rooms.

Donald Duck
12-17-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Minnie Meshoe:
If possible , could you tell me how you got upgraded to the Jr. Suite. How does that
happen? Do you ask upon arrival or before you depart for the resort? Thanks. The 1st time our room wasn't ready when we checked in. I asked to speak with a manager and while we were talking to him I asked him if a better room was ready now that we could have.
He checked and told us a jr. suite would be available in about an hour if we wanted to wait.
We had 2 young kids at the time and jumped at the chance.

The 2nd time about 2 years later, I faxed the BC 5 days before with the same room number we got upgraded to 2 years prior. Then we we checked in I reminded them about my request and they gave us the same room.

I'm sure it didn't hurt that we went to Disney for 10 years straight and stayed on-site every time, and was a Disney Club member and a Disney stockholder.

Just ask nicely, the worst they can say is no.

janeossie
12-18-2002, 06:25 PM
Im just back from the Beach Club so any questions you need anwering please let me know. They are doing a lot of work at the moment so it can be a little noisy at times.

I requested a no-smoking room with a full balcony at the Epcot end with a woods view. We got room 2532 which has just beem refurbished. We even had a view of Spaceship Earth over some trees so the room was fab.

I love the atmosphere there and I like the pastel decoration, the Yacht Club didn't seem quite so relaxed. Also think Art the Greeter is a wonderful person a cheery smile and salute makes you feel really good.

I will posting some trip report stuff later but will try and answer any specifics if you have any.

Jane

Minnie Meshoe
12-20-2002, 01:08 PM
Hi there, I would like to ask you some specific questions if that is ok. First, how is the food court there? We have three kids, 5, 8, 10. Do they have items such as burgers and fries that they would eat? Do they have a kid's arcade? How about the pool? The reason we picked this resort was because of all the great things that were said about the pool. How was the transporation to and from the parks? Thanks so much and let me know when you will be posting your trip report.

janeossie
12-21-2002, 02:59 PM
Hi

Here are some answers.

There is no food Court at the Beach Club, however you can get burgers etc from either Beaches and Cream Soda Shop or Hurricaine Hannas within pool hours. Have to say we ate quite a few snack meals at Epcot because we were so close. This depends on the ticket you will be using.

The arcade is close to Beaches and Cream, didn't go in there however there appeared to be a selection of games.

The pool is fab with slide, zero entry etc. Almost a mini waterpark. Didn't have much chance to use because of the weather but I'm sure with your family you will find this wonderful.

The Transport to Epcot or MGM is via Boat or foot the walk to Epcot will vary depending upon where your room is. If you are closer to Epcot you will be further from Lobby, Food, Pool etc.

Transport to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kindom and Downtown Disney is via buses.

Sometimes you can find you have to wait for a bus that is the same for all resorts. Also you need to make sure if you are at MGM waiting for the boat, you have either Ponchos or Umbrella as the Canopy at the boat dock isn't very long.

The Beach Clubs is a wonderfully relaxed resort and Art the Greeter has a wonderful smile for everyone. Also there is the added benefit of being close to the Boardwork.

Hope this helps, still working through my trip report as I have lots of Christmas things to do.

STADIS
12-22-2002, 01:22 PM
I just found out a few days ago that I will be going to the Beach Club at the end of Jan. I couldn't be more excited if I tried. I have always wanted to stay there! My question...are there any specific rooms to request. I think he have just a standard view...but I Don'twant to end up overlooking the parking lot.

Thanks!
Stacy