PDA

View Full Version : Late Check Out

sawyermaw
03-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Is it possible to get late check out at any of the Disney resorts? Our plane leaves late in the day and hate to be homeless for so long!! I know they will keep your luggage for you but would really like to have a room to use too.

Beast_fanatic
03-05-2003, 02:24 PM
Since this question deals specifically with accommodations, I'm going to transfer it to that forum.

Away we go! :D

spiceypj
03-05-2003, 02:56 PM
I think it is now done on a day by day basis - call the day before you want it and the day you want it(if they say no before) - If yes I think check-out is 1:00pm - but if you need it longer you have to paid.

Disney Diamond
03-05-2003, 02:58 PM
We have gotten 1 pm check-outs, both at non-busy times of the year. We were told anything after that & they would have to charge additional fees for use of the room. But to us, 1 pm worked well by going out, doing what we wanted in the morning, coming back showering & packing to be out by 1 pm. This last trip, we then went to the ESPN club on the Boardwalk to watch sports & enjoy lunch. And, they didn't mind how long we sat at our table.

sawyermaw
03-05-2003, 04:06 PM
If you have to pay, do you know how much? Would really like to have room later than 1 p.m.

wendy*darling
03-05-2003, 05:04 PM
They will most likely charge you another night's rental. That is what I have been told in the past.

Brer Dude
03-05-2003, 05:32 PM
The absolute latest checkout that I have ever gotten at a Disney resort was 2:00pm. I had to call the front desk several times to get that. I am not really sure how much they charge for you to stay later than that but I would agree with wendy*darling that they would charge you for another night.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
03-05-2003, 08:48 PM
We did late check-out at the BW, for 1pm. We were told any later than that and they charge you for another day. We were fortunate because we did concierge and we were able to stay and relax in the lounge until the time we had to go.

Minniemo
03-06-2003, 10:27 AM
We've gotten a late check out for 1pm at the Poly but it depends on how many people they would expect that day. What I did was to pack a bag, the night before, of anything we would need the next day. If our plane left in the evening, we would visit the parks or stay by the pool. In my bag would be a change of clothes, a hairdryer, and socks and sneakers. All of our luggage is held in a secure area by the hotel, which you can always access. If we stayed by the pool, we'd rinse off at the pool shower and dress in the restroom. If we went to the park (your ticket is good until midnight of the day of your stay--if you bought one as a "length of stay"), we would leave the carry on with the luggage, retrieve it prior to leaving and change in the bathroom. Most resorts have a large bathroom by the pool where there are showers and changing facilities. (I know there is one at the POR) to accommodate people in this way.

What would you really need your room for? I wouldn't pay for an extra night unless I REALLY needed the space.

Good luck!

Edzter86
03-06-2003, 10:43 AM
We requested a late checkout (1pm) on our recent trip and were granted it. We had to request it the day before check-out. It really does help--Happy Limo picked us up at 3:45. Late-checkout allowed us to store our bags, eat lunch, and lounge at the pool before checkout.

smile.gif

sawyermaw
03-06-2003, 12:29 PM
My daughter called reservations today and asked about late checkout. They told her it varied from resort to resort but to let them know when you check in that you want a late checkout. She was told that some resorts charge $15 or some charge 1/2 day room rate.