PDA

View Full Version : Room for 6?

Kourtnie
04-01-2003, 08:34 AM
Is there anywhereon disney that we can fit 6 people in a room and pay $165.00 or less a night?
We are booked at the All-stars for two rooms right now..but looking to possible change that ressie

GrumpyFan
04-01-2003, 08:47 AM
We have the same issue when we go. There aren't enough of us to justify the cost of two rooms, unless of course Mom & Dad just want a little privacy, but there are too many of us for one room. I think the only other "economical" choice in that price range is a Wilderness cabin, which doesn't really appeal to us. I think several of the resorts have suites that might hold the 6 of you, but they will usually run quite a bit higher than that. Also, some of the Villas have two queen beds and a sleeper sofa, but they too can get pricey. We stayed in the Doubletree Suites at Downtown Disney a while back which held all 6 of us quite comfortably, but it's not quite the same as staying in a Disney resort, but it is close and better than staying off-property, plus their rates would be close to what you're looking for. I really wish Disney would add some rooms to some of their resorts where this would be an option because I'm sure there are a lot of people that have this same issue.

[ April 01, 2003, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: GrumpyFan ]

KarenP
04-01-2003, 09:42 AM
If your date of arrival is between 4/27 - 7/3, there is a discount code for $169 a night at the Fort Wildreness Cabins. They sleep 6 with a double bed, a set of bunk beds and a pull down murphy bed. They also have a full kitchen.

brownie
04-01-2003, 10:35 AM
A Fort Wilderness Cabin or 2 rooms at the All-Stars would be your best choices.

TiggerRPh
04-01-2003, 12:02 PM
I really would suggest getting two connecting, not adjoining (connecting has a door between them) for 6 people. Remember, even with a cabin you're only going to get one bathroom!

graemlins/mickey.gif

TheMartellFamily
04-01-2003, 11:57 PM
even though it is just a few dollars more to stay at the fw homes there is a full service kitchen and you can save money and buy cereal, bread, milk and other daily ammenities and eat there this may save money for your group. where at the hotel you have to buy all your meals at the restaurants. I really enjoy the homeyness of the fw homes rather than hotel rooms. there is only one bathroom but there would be a wait at in the hotel room too. another thing is that is that it seems to be less crowded at fw as for each is a free standing building not a hotel building, seperated each by trees. its almost like your own space which may be nice expecally after hecktic days at the parks. at fw they also offer the nightly movies. this is just waht i wanted to add to help in your decision of where to stay.

seawitch
04-02-2003, 04:43 PM
If possible, stay off-site. You can rent beautiful homes less than 2 miles from Disney. You can have tons of space and even your own pool. You would need a car, but can be to WDW within 5-10 minutes (less than time it takes to catch the buses) We did this a few weeks ago and were able to stay in a beatiful home for less than $150 per night. It was not a hassle at all.

DisneyMom3
04-04-2003, 09:54 AM
We love the Wilderness Cabin. There is room for 6 if two people share the full size murphy bed in the living room and two share the full size bed in the bedroom. My husband had to sleep on the top bunk one night. He's over six feet tall and survived the night without any problem or discomfort.

We have also booked ajoining rooms in the past at the All Star. The only plus to that is that there are two bathrooms.

At the Wilderness Cabin there is a full kitchen (housekeeping will put the dishes in the dishwasher for you and start it)and a lovely deck complete with grill. Surrounding you are tree's. We hardly ever saw our neibors. We enjoyed the nightly movie and campfire. The buses are convenient and the boat to MK is a snap.

Go for the cabins while the discount is available. You won't regret it! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

rj
04-04-2003, 10:52 PM
If you don't mine staying offsite, try the Holiday Villas. We stayed last year and got a 3 BR condo for $95 a night. Only about 5-10 minute drive to all parks.

Of course, it is not Disney, but I would stay again with a large party.

rj
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

EtteDMS
04-06-2003, 01:38 AM
As you can see by our past travels, we're big fans of the cabins for our five. While I won't rehash what's already been said, I will say the bathroom is really ready for a crowd with loads of towels and soap, so you'll never come up short. They're super peaceful at night and you'll always sleep well. And unlike some of the off-site homes, there's full housekeeping, and we've found it to be exemplary at the homes. We stayed for $165 using a common code this past Christmas! They're super clean and homey and fresh, and you're still immersed in Disney.

[ April 07, 2003, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: EtteDMS ]

Joeybun
04-06-2003, 07:58 PM
You will love the Wilderness Homes! By all means stay at Fort Wilderness. You cannot beat it for so many reasons...there is plenty of space inside for your family. I have 4 teenage daughters and we stayed there without a hitch. They shared the bedroom and my husband and I used the very comfortable murphy bed in the living room. Which, by the way, does allow for privacy. The kitchen is fully-equipped and very useful and saves a ton of money on food. There are stables and a petting zoo, which even the teenagers loved! There are several little "general stores" where you can pick up food, or you can even go to Goodings, just outside the main gate to get it. The boat ride to Magic Kingdom is a piece of cake as is getting around all of Fort Wilderness. If you can manage it, you must take the kids to see the "Hoop De Doo" review, you will all love it. So enjoyable! There is a picnic table on your own private deck with a barbeque grill for cooking. It is beautiful and wooded all around you. We even saw armadillos wandering about one day. Enjoy your stay!