PDA

View Full Version : Hotel at MCO Airport

WDWFanatic
04-21-2003, 04:38 PM
Has anyone stayed at the hotel IN the Orlando airport? We have an early flight out and are thinking of spending our last night there.

What did you think of it? Thanks for your help! :D

JennyAnne
04-21-2003, 05:13 PM
Kelly, your timing is PERFECT! I was just getting ready to post that question myself. People have been kind enough to answer my post about transportation to and from the airport, and DH and I are thinking about staying at the airport hotel overnight. It looks really pretty for an airport hotel!!!

Thanks for posting...I will be very interested to see the responses!

JennyAnne

Timbo
04-21-2003, 06:42 PM
I have not stayed at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, but I have toured the hotel. It's really neat being right inside the main terminal of the airport. The guest rooms are pretty standard Hyatt guest rooms, with all the standard amenities. They have two in-house restaurants and one lounge. I think they have 24-hour room service, but I'm not 100% sure.

I always look at this property to do meetings there and although it's been booked up the last few times I tried, it's always high on my list for an airport property. Take that as a recommendation.

mickey23
04-21-2003, 07:50 PM
I stayed there once, but I thought it was very pricey. I think it is better to just stay the extra night in disney.

disneynarula
04-21-2003, 08:46 PM
There are also quite a few hotels near the airport that have more modest rates.

MNNHFLTX
04-22-2003, 11:08 AM
The Hyatt at the airport is very nice and fun, especially with its unique location. It has a rooftop pool overlooking the runways and the restaurant inside the hotel has wonderful food (or you can eat at the restaurants/food court in the airport).

The rooms can be pricey if you pay rack rate, but if you check into any of the major travel websites or discount hotel room websites, you should be able to find a room for quite a bit less than the rack rate.

WDWFanatic
04-23-2003, 09:02 AM
Thanks for all the great info. We are spending 5 days at Disney then driving down to West Palm Beach area for a family reunion. We got much cheaper tickets by flying in and out from MCO. So we'll drive back up to Orlando and figured with the savings on airfare we'd spend a little more for the last night hotel.

I love the pool on the roof thing! My DS-5 LOVES watching planes. I'll check out the websites for a cheaper rate.

Thanks again to all!

disneymomw_3boys
04-23-2003, 02:03 PM
We have stayed at the Hyatt in the Airport. The cost was $99.00 and this was about 2 summers ago. It is a nice hotel and if your are leaving early the next moringing it is nice to walk out of your room, get in the elevator and be in the airport. Rooms overlook the main concourse and all have a balcony.

Make sure when booking that you are booking the correct hotel. We booked the Hyatt at the Airport and this hotel is about 5 miles away from the main terminal. A lot of the hotels in this area advertise as if they are located at the airport when in fact they are nearby. Not a problem though conceirge took care of the trasfer.

WDW crazy
04-24-2003, 06:06 PM
We stayed there once and it was very nice. The room was standard but clean and well furnished. We had a balcony that overlooked a courtyard right in the middle of the airport. It was pretty cool. We flew into MCO at about midnight and checked into our room. It was nice to not have to get transportation and drive to a hotel. It is very convenient if you are flying in or out. I didn't think it was that bad as far as price but you do need to check for deals.