PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs review

Hammer
05-28-2003, 08:48 PM
This resort is very nice. The rooms are great and were in excellent condition. I had a room in the Casitas section (Casitas 2) right by the quiet pool. I had a 3-5 minute walk to bus stop #2. Many people have said that the Casitas section is all conventioners, but I saw a many families in this section and at the bus stop. The bus was never overly crowded, like I experienced when we stayed one night at POR in 2000. I did not eat at the food court (there are plenty of food courts at home) but I did the breakfast buffet at the Maya Grill and it was delicious graemlins/tasty.gif ! I was stuffed until dinner! Only drawback I found is a lack of drawer space, which would be a problem if I was traveling with my sister for a weeklong trip.

Feel free to ask me any questions!

[ May 28, 2003, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Hammer ]

BRK1442
05-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Sounds Great. We will be staying there for the first time in OCT. We couldn't get into POR, so we are looking forward to see what Coronado Springs in like.

Ian
05-28-2003, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the review, Christine!

I just switched my August ressies to CS, so I'm glad to hear some positive things about it.

Any suggestions for where to try for a room?

samren12
05-28-2003, 09:56 PM
I've always wanted to try Coronado Springs. My friend always stays there and she raves about it.

Hammer
05-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by WDWacky:
Thanks for the review, Christine!

I just switched my August ressies to CS, so I'm glad to hear some positive things about it.

Any suggestions for where to try for a room? Well, I was in Casitas 2, 3rd Floor (2361). The rooms ending in 60-63 have the quiet pool view. It really was a nice location. Casitas 4 might be even better, though, as it is the building on the other side of the quiet pool. You also will be that much closer to Bus Stop #2, which is in front of this building. Only drawback is I was not close to the main pool, so I never made it there to check it out. The quiet pool was just too convenient! Don't know if this a trip with your brother or with Trish and Taylor, but the quiet pool was not really busy and was really good for parents who wanted to get their infants/toddlers used to the water. Saw a couple of parents doing just that, but they made sure to not disrupt any of the other pool patrons (stuck to a corner so people could swim the length of the pool).

imported_PolyGirl40
05-29-2003, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the review, Christine. This is one resort we don't hear enough about.

Diznee4Me
05-29-2003, 06:40 PM
I hope I am doing this correctly. My first time.
I actually registered after I read your post.

My wife, daughter and I stayed at the Coronado last year and had an absolutely wonderful time. The service was great, the room was great and I even tried the jaguar slide at the Mayan themed pool. We are going back in October also. Can't wait!

PiratesCove
05-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Thank you for the CS review. I'm trying to decide what Disney property to stay on next year. This has helped. Thanks.

graemlins/mickey.gif Lisa graemlins/mickey.gif

MauiMouse
05-30-2003, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the review Christine. I've thought about staying here after the closing of POFQ, but WL was my first choice.

kmo84
05-31-2003, 09:14 AM
I just got back from a one night trip to CS.
I was in Casitas 3. It was very close to the main building, which was nice because we ate at the Maya for breakfast, too. It is very good! My kids wanted Mickey waffles, but they don't have them on the buffet at the Maya. But our waitress went to the Pepper Market and got them each a plate of two. No additional charge. Very nice. :D
One thing I did want to mention about Casitas 3; we spent the day at the pool and returned to the room about 6pm. When we walked in I could hear drilling and hammering coming from another room. I called the front desk and asked if there were renevations going on in the building. They confirmed that there was, but they should be finished shortly. While I was on the phone, the noise had stopped. They offered to move me, but I said I was okay with it as long as they were done.
If you are going in the next few weeks, make sure you ask about these renevations if they put you into any of the Casitas buildings.
I never heard any more noise, but the next day I saw a lot of workers moving materials around outside the buildings.
Otherwise we had a great two days. The pool was not crowded at all. The weather was great.
Another tip: after two days at the pool I noticed the cart that sells necessities like sun block and magazines, was closed more than it was open. If you are short of something when you arrive, you may want to pick it up at the lobby store rather than counting on getting it at the pool. This may save you some steps! smile.gif
If you are going soon I hope you have as much fun as we did.