PDA

View Full Version : CR Garden Wing or Tower Room?

Juliayn
06-10-2003, 08:51 PM
I'm trying to decide between a Tower Room and a Garden Wing room for our next trip. We will be traveling with a 3 year old and 6 month old so I'm thinking the Garden Wing may be quieter although the Tower Room may be better locationwise...any thoughts? graemlins/laughing.gif

Always Goofy
06-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Juliayn:
I'm trying to decide between a Tower Room and a Garden Wing room for our next trip. We will be traveling with a 3 year old and 6 month old so I'm thinking the Garden Wing may be quieter although the Tower Room may be better locationwise...any thoughts? graemlins/laughing.gif I have never noticed that the tower rooms are noisy. I would suggest that you try to get a room on the other side away from the restaurants though closer to the shops, that way the sounds from Chef Mickey's won't be so much.

THE Queen
06-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Tower definatly!!
I stayed in a garden wing room and the room shook when the fireworks went off at night. I don't know how early you plan to go to bed, but it bothered my little one (1 yr)

hoc-e-mom
06-21-2003, 11:33 AM
I have stayed in both and we found them to be fine either way. I prefer the tower just because it's a little more convenient but there were no tower rooms available on one visit so we opted for a wing and had no problems, just a little longer walk to the room. You can't go wrong.

Barb_A
06-21-2003, 11:49 AM
We stayed both times in the Garden wings .. they were great .. had a CLOSE view of the Electrical water pagent. It was quiet .. close to the pools. They were wonderful! a short walk to the MK .. right by the docks to go to WL ...

i LOVED it!!

Hey .. this makes post 100 for me, i think!!

graemlins/party.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/party.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

i feel like a true intercotian now!!

CaptSmee
06-21-2003, 12:55 PM
If money wasn't the problem, I would have booked a tower room, but trying to be a little more economical we are staying in a garden room in Dec.

Jennib
06-22-2003, 01:52 PM
I would recommend a room in the tower BUT not near CHEF MICKEY'S.... We had a room right over chef mickeys and it was noisy from 7am to 10pm. Then from 3am to 6am you would hear the trucks in the loading dock...
But i did not like the garden wing. it seemed very MOTEL-ish to me.

NJDad
06-22-2003, 05:50 PM
From what I've read some of the garden rooms are refurbished and in good locations-others are kinda worn down and in bad locations. I think one near the MK would be cool-I'd love to walk over in the AM.

shepherdgirl
06-23-2003, 08:43 AM
I think if you don't get a room in the tower, it's not worth staying at the Contemporary. The theming isn't that great and neither is the pool (at least not when we were there last). But a monorail resort is great with kids, so I'd recommend the Polynesian. It's a quiet resort and easy access to MK or Epcot. It also has big rooms like the Contemporary, but with fabulous theming! And a great zero entry pool which is very nice for little kids.

[ June 23, 2003, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: shepherdgirl ]

Jared
06-23-2003, 08:50 AM
The tower rooms are definitely the way to go, if you can afford spending the extra money. It's especially cool if you can get a view of Magic Kingdom from your room. I agree though, do request a room far away from Chef Mickey's. That place is nuts. When we were just staying there, we were all the way on the other side, and we had no problem with noise.

If you do end up with a garden room, I'd request the North Garden Wing. smile.gif

TRAVELIN' GIRL
06-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Hi, a few years ago our family stayed on the 12th floor- tower room - with limited concierge. It was awesome!!! We could see the castle and the water pageant too! Our boys were 4, 8, and 10.
We all enjoyed the room, it was #4832. We were at a slight angle from the castle. The balcony was great to sit on. I sleep light and I didn't notice any noise. Also I enjoyed the Mickey theming and the bathroom was contemporary and nice. Having breakfast waiting and taking the tray back to our room was great. They also had afternoon cookies and lemonade. Hope this helps...