PDA

View Full Version : Room for a family of 5

bethelwalsh
07-05-2003, 03:19 PM
We were in WDW three years ago and stayed at Dixie Landings with a trundle bed. Now that the youngest is 10, not sure if the trundle will still work and also wanted to try a different resort. Any suggestions in the moderate and luxury categories?

Also, did I miss the Fairytale Package extension deadline?

imported_PolyGirl40
07-05-2003, 04:37 PM
Welcome.

Port Orleans Riverside is the only Moderate that accommodates 5 people.

The only Deluxe resorts that does not (in a standard room) is the Wilderness Lodge & the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I'm partial to the monorail resorts. smile.gif Have you considered 2 connecting rooms at a Value Resort?

EDIT:
I'm sorry. I didn't answer your other question. Yes - the Fairytale Package expired on June 29th.

graemlins/mickey.gif

[ July 05, 2003, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]

LiloLovesTheKing26
07-05-2003, 05:12 PM
This is a subject that REALLY bugs me there are sooooo many families of five and with only ONE moderate resort and NO value resorts it puts a damper on families with 3 kids!! I think if they would build a value resort that held 5 it would be booked solid ALL the time!! I'm grown now but I come from a family of 5 and a moderate resort was not always in the price range for us!! Wouldn't a full or queen bed with a trendle and bunk beds be nice? Then you wouldn't really have to have some Giant room and it could still be a value resort!!! Just my opinion though!! graemlins/shakehead.gif

donald-doc
07-05-2003, 05:35 PM
Look into the Home away form home resorts.

Old Key West 1-BR are very spacious, and not too expensive (compared to doing two standard rooms).

You may also want to look at my favorite- Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

shepherdgirl
07-05-2003, 09:29 PM
Can you ask for a roll-a-way bed? I've never tried it, but it might work. If you want to consider staying off property, look into the Holiday Inn Family Suites. We stayed there and it is very convenient to WDW and has plenty of room. Check out their website for more details.

THE Queen
07-06-2003, 12:01 AM
We (fam of 5)stayed at the Contemporary, and had plenty of room. Just request a roll away bed.
Enjoy!

Becky2005
07-06-2003, 10:53 AM
We are planning on doing the Ft. Wilderness Cabins specifically because of this problem. I know it's not a Moderate or Deluxe but might be something to think about.

One thing that we liked was 'no one on top of you or beside you' like a regular hotel room. smile.gif That ended up being the "sold" point for us. Along with having a full kitchen and mousekeeping service still! We were going to be a family of 5 so that is what I was checking into at the time (we will now be a family of 6 when we go, even though the baby won't "count" as he'll be under 3).

Just thought I'd point that out as another possibility.

EllieMae
07-06-2003, 11:23 AM
Growing up in a family of five, we always stayed at the Poly or the Contemporary and had plenty of room. As we got older we stayed in two rooms at the POR and Boardwalk or a villa. Either way we never felt cramped with five people in those hotels.

Knight of the Castle
07-06-2003, 02:41 PM
We stayed the night before entering WDW at the Holiday Inn Family Suites. It is a kid's dreamland come true. Awesome pool. But I would have hated the commute back and forth. When we got to WDW we stayed at the Poly which has HUGE rooms PLUS a daybed! We are only a family of 4 but my 2 year old was fresh out of his crib and he loved sleeping in "his" daybed. There are so many Suite-type hotels now in moderate pricing that WDW should jump on the bandwagon before it becomes a better deal to stay offsite.

MrBubbles
07-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Some of the deluxe rooms at AKL have bunk beds and a daybed. We enjoyed the theming and the animals.

[ July 06, 2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: MrBubbles ]

diana's mommie
07-06-2003, 08:52 PM
One of the problems with a one bedroom is that they only accomidate 4 people in the villas

DisneyorBust
07-06-2003, 10:07 PM
DisneyorBust Dad here,
We (my family of 5) is staying at the Beach Club this December. graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif A room with a day bed has been reserved. The day bed, according to earlier posts, will work for either a small adult or a teen. We will find out!! graemlins/laughing.gif
Good luck with your search! You'll get plenty of help here on INTERCOT!!!

bethelwalsh
07-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Thanks for all the information. This is my first time posting on Intercot and the response has been great. Also, I've seen alot of other useful information on this site. I'm sure I will be checking it daily before we go to WDW in November. Thanks again.