PDA

View Full Version : Mansion or Bayou?

ChewyStriker
07-19-2003, 05:43 PM
I know a lot of POR fans seem devoted to the bayou section, but I was wondering if I asked, what part of the resort you guys would suggest for our trip the first week of Dec. and why? Our first time at POR by the way. We have previously enjoyed French Quarter, but renovations have led us to try POR. graemlins/laughing.gif

mmouse21074
07-19-2003, 06:32 PM
Bayou buildings 14 or 15 are the closest to the main building and food court as well as the pool. Also, when we were there at the end of May they were only operating WDW buses to and from the South Depot which is @ the main building. The room interior layouts are basically the same as the ones in the mansions. More shade around the bayou buildings, more gardens, flowers, etc. around the mansions.

mickey23
07-19-2003, 06:43 PM
We stayed on the bayou side (building 15), although we liked it, next time I would stay on the mansion side. I read somewhere that the decor of the mansion rooms, are very similiar to some of the deluxe hotel rooms.

vizsla
07-19-2003, 08:16 PM
I have stayed in the Bayous and the Mansions. My favorite section of the resort are the Mansions. When we were there in Dec. 2001 we stayed in Magnolia Bend and it was beautiful. It also is the closet Mansion to the food court and theme pool. Also near the Mansion there is a gazebo that is decorated for the X-MAS season with poinsettas which makes for great pictures.

Edzter86
07-19-2003, 08:30 PM
We've previously stayed only in the Mansion section, particularly Magnolia Terrace. Our location was great. We had our own bus depot (East Depot) and were really close if we wanted to hop over to the pool and swim. Breakfast wasn't a long walk either, as the food court and Boatwright's are just over the bridge from the swimming area. Its also a nice walk in the morning.

Also, here's a map of Port Orleans-Riverside (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/port-dixie.jpg) for reference purposes.

:cool:

tobi561
07-20-2003, 01:37 PM
If you are staying for any length of time (5 days or more). I would recommend splitting your time between the the Bayou and the Bend. Guest Services will be more than happy to switch you, and It wont take too much effort to move your luggage. The two parts of the resort have very different feels, with the Bayou being very rustic feeling and the Bend being more opulent. This gives you the best of both worlds!

Boojum
07-20-2003, 02:21 PM
Bayou!

I've stayed in both, and both are great. However, I love the kitschy decor of Alligator Bayou, and the fact that it's closer to the main buildings and restaurants. It's also closer to the main bus depot, which is sometimes the only one open.

disneyfreakmike
07-21-2003, 07:10 PM
I personally liked the mansion side of the resort. It felt like more of a deluxe style of resort. We stayed in the Magnolia Bend, Magnolia Terrance building and enjoyed it quite a bit. The buildings and rooms are all beautiful, and centrally located to just about everything. Good luck and have fun! smile.gif

Scott C
07-22-2003, 03:54 PM
I prefer the bayou. Much better theming. Nothing wrong with mansions -- just a little plain for my tastes.

Thanks
Scott C