PDA

View Full Version : Shipments made out of the resort

GoofysCowgirl
07-28-2003, 08:02 PM
I was wondering if there are mailboxes in resorts such as the Beach Club (where I will be staying.) If I purchased a postcard and a gift for a friend, would I be able to send it out through the hotel? If not, where can I do this? Thank you in advance! :D

Jeff
07-28-2003, 08:29 PM
They will mail it out for you if there is not a "mail box" in the loby. Just ask at the desk.

There are also boxes in the parks. We have sent cards from a box in the World Showcase in Epcot (located between Morocco and Japan and there are probably others). There is also a mailbox (used to be at least) on Main Street in the MK. I assume there are boxes in both MGM and AK but I have never used those so don't know where they are.

markyv
07-28-2003, 09:01 PM
There are places to mail postcards almost everywhere in WDW. Just ask the nearest cast member where you can buy stamps and where the nearest mail box is. Have fun and send me one.

iluvmickey
07-29-2003, 11:31 PM
Hello!
I was wondering if there was a place on property I could mail a package from? If I purchased items and wanted to box them up and mail them somewhere is there a way to do it besides just when you purchase the item. I know you can mail from the stores as you purchase things but if I wanted to make only one shipment is there a way to do this?
Thanks in advance! graemlins/mickey.gif

TiggerRPh
07-30-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by iluvmickey:
I know you can mail from the stores as you purchase things but if I wanted to make only one shipment is there a way to do this?I'm sure your front desk would be able to arrange this for you.

Roland
07-30-2003, 08:20 AM
I noticed you are going 8/4 - 8/12

If you want you friend to receive the card BEFORE you get home, send them out right away. I've had our postcards take 7 days from day of deposit at the desk to reach its final destination.

dznyntnh
07-30-2003, 09:44 AM
Just about any items you buy at any of the wdw shops can be shipped right from the shops for you.

I did this last time I was down there. It was very convenient but the package got there a week after I returned home and I bought the items the day I arrived.

Gotta Love the TTA
07-30-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by markyv:
Just ask the nearest cast member where you can buy stamps If you're planning on sending postcards, bring stamps from home. One less thing to worry about when you're there. Many people suggest using "queue time" to write a postcard or two.

chelleincarolina
07-30-2003, 04:03 PM
You should be able to ship packages from the hotel. We did that, bought a few "last minute" Christmas presents and took them to the front desk at the BC. We gave them the address, and they boxed and shipped it, and billed it to the room. Very convenient.