PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Review!

GoofysCowgirl
08-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Atmosphere: This past week I stayed at the Beach Club Resort with my family. This was the second time I have been there, but now that I am older, I really noticed the resort more than I did when I was younger. The resort really makes you feel comfortable and relaxed when you walk in. The atmosphere really sooths you. Like most of Disney, the cast members really welcome you and make you feel like you are right at home. Art, the greeter, is often in the lobby as well giving a pleasant welcome to all of those who walk through. His smile can always put you in a good mood!

Activities: The resort has an excellent pool area such as its sand bottom pools, whirl pools, lazy river and slide. You can also rent the water mice to sail around in. These enable you to go right up to the gates of MGM, sail past the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht and Boardwalk hotels.

Relaxation: If ever you want to take a break from the park for a day, there will be plenty of things to keep you occupied. Just want to relax? There are plenty of beach chairs for you to lay out on and excellent scenary surrounding you. :cool:

Breakfast: Thinking about having a nice breakfast? Try Cape May Cafe's character breakfast buffet. You can interact with Minnie Mouse, Chip & Dale and Goofy. If you are celebrating a birthday, be sure to tell your waiter/waitress- I was given balloons, a cupcake and had the characters join us in singing happy birthday :D The selection of breakfast foods range from a variety of fruits to grits, mickey mouse waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, banana bread, etc. It was a really nice breakfast! If you have a large group, you might want to make a reservation the first day you arrive for a later time during your stay. Our server Dorothy was wonderful!!

Lunch: Grab a quick lunch at Hurricane Hanna's where tables are provided for you along side the pools. (They have great Cheeseburgers there!)

Dinner: You can also have a Clambake Dinner at Cape May Cafe as well. I did not attend this, but I saw signs in the lobby for it. smile.gif You can also have dinner at Beaches and Cream!

Dessert Want dessert? Of course you do! Stop in at Beaches and Cream to have some delicious dessert. They serve other meals during the day, but are mostly popular for their ice cream selections. My favorite was the Strawberry Shortcake! It was actually the best I have ever had. If you are really hungry, grab some friends and family and order the kitchen sink! This consists of 8 scoops of ice cream, every topping and a full can of whipped cream!! :eek:

Transportation: If you are using Disney transportation from the Beach Club, here are your best ways to get from the hotel to the parks.
1) Magic Kingdom: Bus
2) MGM: Boat (this boat makes one stop in between the Beach Club Resort and MGM- the Swan and Dolphin boat area).
3) Epcot: Walking- Depending on where your room is in the Beach Club, it is a 5 to 10 minute walk. You enter right into the World Showcase!
4) Animal Kingdom: Bus

Shopping: There is a large store next to the lobby where you can buy many Disney items, including your very own PAL MICKEY!

Bonus: As well as walking to Epcot, you can take a short walk to the Boardwalk. There are fun nightlife spots there for the adults, such as Jelly Rolls, ESPN and the Dance Hall. It is also nice to eat at the Boardwalk Bakery in the mornings and just look out on the bay. They have a great variety of pastries and bakery foods to choose from. I really recommend it!

[ August 12, 2003, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: GoofysCowgirl ]

Yzma
08-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Wow! Everything sounds great. I'm off to check the trip reports to see if you have posted there too. Thanks for the info! graemlins/clappy.gif

GoofysCowgirl
08-12-2003, 08:47 PM
Yes I did! Enjoy reading the reports graemlins/mickey.gif

kristom
08-13-2003, 04:21 PM
We're heading to the Beach Club for the first time in 1 week. Thanks for the input! ;)

Hulabird
08-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the wonderful review! We are considering BC for our 2004 trip. Actually we are stuck between BC,BCV,BW and BWV. Your review makes me lean toward BC.

Barb_A
08-14-2003, 08:19 PM
It was WONDERFUL reading Your review! AFter reading about some horror stories at BCV .. and planning our first trip down there in Dec .. i was kinda worried!

GoofysCowgirl
08-15-2003, 11:26 PM
I am glad I helped some of you out! Any further information on it and I would be glad to help you. Good luck with those who are in the midst of planning their up and coming vacations graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

wilshade
08-16-2003, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the review of the Beach Club. I'm still considering that for my own vacation. Good info.