PDA

View Full Version : Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa?

Bebet
09-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Does anyone have anything nice to say about this place?

ArtDeco
09-02-2003, 06:46 PM
I do. Stayed there for 4 days July 2001 with my wife. We thought it was comfortable and reasonable. No complaints about service or housekeeping. I can't quite give it a rousing endorsement, but if you find a good rate, this is a nice resort. As you probably expect, Disney theming is not found here. Facilities were pleasant - good pool, good playground, good restaurant and a little bakery/deli. We didn't try the Spa stuff - this was a convention/theme park visit.

Biggest downfall was the Downtown Disney bus service. Busses stop at ALL DD resorts. In 2001, this meant that in the morning you had to sit through maybe 6-8 stops on your way out, but you were first off the bus on the way in. I don't have much positive to say about DD bus service... The driver once parked several hundred yards away as DD guests stood in the rain at his appointed stop. Exactly the minute he was to arrive, he pulled down to where we stood and opened the door to his dry, air conditioned bus. Thanks, pal.

Bring a car and drive to the parks. Parking isn't free unless you hold an AP, but I think it's worth $8 not to waste 1 1/2 hours on the bus every day.

Get a Wyndham ByRequest membership (free) and enjoy a selection of drinks and snacks when you arrive, daily newspaper, free high speed internet connection, and pre-arranged web-configurable requests such as extra pillows, etc.

[ September 02, 2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: ArtDeco ]

pupi1213
09-02-2003, 07:37 PM
We just got back from a 3 night stay. Got Priceline price of $60. The hotel is nice but very business oriented. We got lucky & stayed in the main tower with a view of the lake. The room was roomy & clean. Good housekeeping. The balcony was private. The grounds were very nice & we took some very nice strolls. They have a covered bridge & walkway. We only ate at the Watercress for a snack & the dinner buffet. A little overpriced & not great quality. Thought the parking a little far away. Also didn't feel at all like we were so close to Disney. No magic for us. Didn't try the transportation but we saw few busses. If you get a cheap rate then go for it. The pool & grounds are very nice but nothing spectacular.

MNNHFLTX
09-03-2003, 11:34 AM
We recently had a one-night stay there with a great rate through Priceline. It is a nice resort with spacious rooms tastefully decorated. The balconies are very large and private (ours also overlooked the lake). Large pool area, along with tennis courts and playground, and beautifully landscaped grounds. We didn't use the spa or eat at the restaurants, so I can't comment on them. The one problem we encountered was that there was a delay in the turnover of the rooms at check-in, so people were forced to wait quite a while until the rooms were ready. This did not bother us too much--we asked to use the spa to freshen up and change our clothes and then went to make our dinner reservations in Downtown Disney. By the time we got back the rooms were all ready and they granted us a late check-out time (2 p.m.) to compensate us for having to wait.

Bruce
09-03-2003, 08:41 PM
Bebet,

You received some excellent replies and I would echo them. We liked our two stays at the Wyndham Palace. The only thing I'd recommend, besides the tip you received about driving to the parks is to budget in the Wyndham's valet parking fee into your room cost. We've decided that that was the only way we'd stay there again (and we probably will) as the free self-parking is very much "less then convenient. ;)

Bruce (NYC - WDW in 98 Days 18 Hrs 20 Mins 5 Secs)

tinkerbellrere
09-04-2003, 01:15 PM
Nice place but no Disney magic. We got a great deal there a few years ago. Had a hot tub on our balcony and got a 75.00 resort rebate. The pool area was real nice. We liked it because of its location within walking distance to downtown disney. We used valet parking because of the inconvenience of the hotel self park. The room was nice and clean and staff friendly. We were on a tight budget and got a great deal. It is worth it if you get a great deal. We did not use their buses,so can't help you there. Some people said that the buses took too long. Hope it helps. If you are staying more than 5 days consider an annual pass and get the passholder rate for disney rooms. It's well worth it! Has saved us big bucks over the years and over multiple visits.