PDA

View Full Version : NEW AKL Sunset Safari!!

ToddAllen
10-05-2003, 01:58 PM
Hi, everyone.

I have been corresponding with the AKL Concierge Itinerary Planners for the last couple of weeks to set up my December trip, and I just got this message today; this is for AKL Concierge guests. It sounds really cool! The text follows:

"I did want to quickly tell you about something that will be starting on November 3rd, we actually just began booking it this week, and that is our Mnyama Safari. Pronounced Wanjama and meaning our SUNSET Safari. Like the Sunrise Safari, this is offered exclusively to our Concierge Guests saying with us at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Admission is limited to 8 guests and can be reserved 90 days in advanced. During this approximately 1 and a half our safari experience at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge you will experience a recreation of a true African afternoon game drive. An opportunity to spend time with members from the DAKL animal programs team in a very personal environment. Learning about the natural history and management of the animal collection at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Incredible photo opportunities of the animals and architecture of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge that can only be experienced from our savannas . Your safari will conclude with a true African dining experience at Jiko. Just like the lodges in Africa, a multi-course meal will await you. Be advised it is a preset menu, give you a sampling of various appetizers, entrees, and desserts, and a wine pairing along with each course. Also be advised that all 8 guests on this Safari Experience will be dining together. Guests must be 16 years of age or older. The price for the experience is $150 per person, tax and gratuity included . 48 hour cancellation policy."

MousePassion
10-05-2003, 03:37 PM
WOW~! If this is as wonderful a experience as the Sunrise Safari was,it'll be incredible smile.gif We were thinking of staying at AKL,concierge again for our trip next year,and this bit of news just convinced us :D Thanks for sharing this great news graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Septbride2002
10-05-2003, 10:13 PM
Oh how I wish I could afford to stay at that level!

~Amanda

beth
10-06-2003, 10:58 AM
Sunrise...

Sunset...

Quickly go the days...

Both sound great.

liz
10-06-2003, 04:48 PM
Exciting news! I'm on the Sunrise Safari this Saturday and looks like we will plan way in advance (for US) and head back for DD's Spring Break so that DH and I can do this...YAHOO! It will be tight getting ressies, though. Is it every evening? I need to go back and reread your post... :D

ToddAllen
10-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by liz:
It will be tight getting ressies, though. Is it every evening?Hmmm...doesn't say specifically, but with the specific limitations, I'm guessing that it probably is.

smile.gif We're doing the Sunrise Safari this trip, too. The Sunset is just out of reach (aleady spending too much!), I think...but it's definitely fuel to make another AKL Concierge trip next year!

[ October 07, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: ToddAllen ]