PDA

View Full Version : How often are room requests accommodated?

ragu
10-10-2003, 09:54 AM
Just wondering how often do you think requests are met. I made my requests thru WDTC for the BuzzLightyear wing and to have 2 rooms connecting and one adjoining.

Does anyone have expierences with requesting rooms? Will faxing a room request before we leave help our chance??? :confused:

Thanks in advance all who respond :D

disneymom2000
10-10-2003, 10:29 AM
They are extremely good about honoring requests if you got your reservation in far enough in advance and the room is available. I also faxed my request in ahead of time just to make sure they knew what I really wanted. They really try to keep their customers happy.

mickey23
10-10-2003, 01:15 PM
The three times I have requested a specific room, they have honored it. Hoping it works again this November. smile.gif

offwego
10-10-2003, 04:24 PM
The two prev. times I requested buildings at all stars I did not get my first or even second choices... and we always go at off peak times (dec first week & jan 2nd week). Which just means sometimes you luck out and sometimes you don't... but we always had a great time anyway!!

vizsla
10-10-2003, 04:50 PM
In the past I have had good luck with them honoring my request, and if they couldn't I always have gotten my second choice.

Monorail Lime
10-11-2003, 11:34 PM
My husband and I have hardly ever gotten anything we have requested. We always make our reservations well in advance. Even on our honeymoon (at Wilderness Lodge) we made a room request and when it was not available, they told us that we had a room that was just as nice. It turned out that it overlooked the service entrance in the back. We could see the dumpsters and every morning were awakened by the "beep beep beep" of trucks backing up. Other than that, we've never had a bad room, just not in the buildings or areas that we have requested.

11 more days!!! graemlins/clappy.gif

ToddAllen
10-12-2003, 08:54 PM
I've hit about 60%, more or less, having tried it at almost every resort. I haven't even noticed a pattern; I've been just as lucky at All-Stars and Mods as Deluxe. They really do try, it would seem. And they have given me some really nice ones when they couldn't meet my request.

dutchess18
10-13-2003, 08:55 AM
I suppose it you ask for a lot of request they may only honor some.

My theory is to only ask for one or two that way you have a better change of getting the most important things you want.

Pooh Crew
10-13-2003, 08:45 PM
We've had pretty good success with our requests. As the previous post suggested, narrow down your needs. They try to meet your requests if they can.

tink2
10-13-2003, 11:26 PM
I have requested rooms at All Stars on at least three different visits and have always gotten the area I wanted (Dalmatians and Buzz). Let them know how much your child(if a child is with you)loves Buzz. My sister-in-law has done the same thing and been successful as well. I always let them know when I call. The front desk always seems to put me in that room without another reminder. (but I let them know anyway when I'm checking in) We are always there during off-peak time though, so this might affect my luck. We've even been upgraded from wing rooms at Contemporary to the Tower without asking. Hope you get the room you want...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. HAVE FUN!!! graemlins/clappy.gif

MNNHFLTX
10-14-2003, 11:58 AM
It might help to try and check in as early as possible on the day you arrive. We've always had better luck getting all our request filled if we check in fairly early. Other than that I always just put my requests in with my reservation and would say that we've had most of our requests filled. Probably the only one I've been a bit disappointed in was at Animal Kingdom Lodge, where we were placed in a building quite a ways down from the lobby (which made the walk to the food courts quite a haul). We were checking rather late that day which might account for that. But we still enjoyed the savanna view room--it was very nice!