PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Royal Plaza

Jac_Sparrow
10-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Hey There,

Has anyone ever stayed at the Hotel Royal Plaza? Originally we were staying at a rather budget-friendly off-site hotel, and decided to upgrade to either the Pop Century or one of the All-Stars. Well, we were a little late in our decision and all three are closed for booking. Luckily, my DGF was able to score reservations at the Hotel Royal Plaza (as they were in the middle of changing from fall rates to holiday rates no less! We got the fall rate!!!) for the first part of our stay. I've never heard of it, but the pics on the web look nice and no matter what, it's going to be better than our original cheep-o accommodations. Plus, its only for 3 nights and then we move over to The Wilderness Lodge smile.gif

So- any thoughts, comments, or reviews on The Hotel Royal Plaza? Good or bad, I'd appreciate the input.

--JAC

kmo84
10-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Hi Jac!
I have stayed at the Royal Plaza a number of times. It is a very nice hotel. The rooms in the tower building are attractive and spacious. The hotel also has a three story wing that surrounds the pool, but I have never stayed in these rooms.
The transportation here is better than most off site hotels. But you will have a bit of a walk from where the bus drops you off to the theme parks, though. Not too bad, just not as close as the Disney buses drop you.
One of my favorite things about this hotel is the breakfast buffet in the restaurant. It's very well priced and the food is good. I have gone there for breakfast a few times when I wasn't even staying at the Plaza! They are open for lunch and dinner as well. If you are not in the parks for these meals, you are also close enough to the other DD hotels and the restaurants at Downtown Disney. Lots of meal choices here.
The Plaza is also walking distance to Downtown Disney. The weather should be nice when you are there so the walk is pleasent.
I hope this helps. This hotel is very nice and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Have a great time!

Wayne
10-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Jac,
I'll second the motion on the HRP. Like the previous poster, I've stayed in the tower and found it to be very nice. Depending upon your room location, you may be able to see Spaceship Earth from your balcony.

Enjoy!

Wayne

Jac_Sparrow
10-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the reply! Can't wait to try the buffet, and use that extra walking time to burn it off! smile.gif

--JAC

Septbride2002
10-09-2003, 07:35 PM
I have only read good things about this hotel. And from what I understand the bathrooms are to die for!

~Amanda

tikibirds
10-10-2003, 08:47 AM
Big thumbs up on this one!

Stayed here in August, and am going back for a repeat visit at the end of the month.

Excellent service, courteous staff, very clean, enormous rooms, and yes, the bathrooms in the deluxe tower rooms are the BOMB! smile.gif

Minnie Meshoe
10-14-2003, 08:13 AM
Does anyone know about the shuttle service to the parks. Do they often or is it just once or twice in the morning and evening.

petey
10-15-2003, 04:26 PM
We also loved this hotel (and got tower rooms for $40 a night on priceline.com). If you're in the tower beware of rooms that face the Interstate (East facing, I think). Request a North or West facing room.

F7PREZ
10-15-2003, 04:46 PM
Great hotel and Great location. You are actually on Disney property and as another poster wrote, it is a pleasant walk to DTD, one of my favorite places in "The World".
I thought the transportation was excellent. The buses are a lot more comfortable than the Disney buses and this is nice after a long day of walking. The bus will stop at all of the DTD hotels, HRP being third or fourth on the list so you will get a fairly decent choice of seats and I believe they run at least every hour all day long. This was our first time relying completely on the bus service and we found it convenient.
You will like this hotel compared to off property hotels for the same money.