PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach

DUMBOelephantGIRL
07-14-2002, 02:03 PM
Has anyone stayed at Vero Beach? What's it like? Do you reccomend it? We are thinknig about noe year driving down to Disney then going to vero Beach on our way home. :rolleyes:

spiceypj
07-15-2002, 02:59 PM
I don't like Atlantic coast beaches - I prefer the Gulf coast - that say - VB is great - if you can stay in the inn room instead of the villa - on an upper floor (better view). We stayed in a 2-bedroom villa with an ocean view and loved it. The resort is beautiful, and if you like the ocean you will probably love it.

the Inn rooms and the studio both have the refrigerator and microwave - the studio have a double sleeper sofa and queen bed, the inn rooms have 2 queen beds - both have a VCR with the TV (I wish Disney would do this at the DVC resorts at WDW).

imported_JohnY
07-15-2002, 03:53 PM
I second that emotion. We just got back from a week of staying there. It was the perfect beach vacation. We loved it. Very very relaxing.

kansasteen13
07-15-2002, 06:15 PM
does this have a disney feel to it?

[ July 15, 2002, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: kansasteen13 ]

spiceypj
07-15-2002, 08:44 PM
Well there aren't Disney characters walking around if that is what you mean - but the CM's are great! and try very hard to made your visit wonderful.

macmonster
07-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Staying at VB was one of our best experiences. We just have not had a chance to cycle back around to it. The kids loved the pool and beach access and we really liked the layout, grounds and sitting in the Green Cabin Room looking out over the ocean with a fire going (it was a little cool one night). We will definitely go back.

imported_Mickeysgirl
07-26-2002, 01:06 AM
Vero Beach is stunning!!! And yes, an inn room with ocean view is the way to go!! This resort does have a Disney feel to it, there are hidden Mickeys in the decor and other disneyesque things around the resort. They also have a character breakfast with Goofy and Max on Sundays. Can't wait to go back!!! graemlins/mickey.gif

Erin
08-03-2002, 10:39 PM
We just had our first Vero vacation July 7-12th in an Ocean View Inn room. Loved it!
It rained 2 days while we were there so we took a ride into Vero and visited a mall, cigar shop, and had a great lunch at the Ocean Grill.
It's a very relaxing resort and I do think it had a Disney "feel" to it.
We would like to go back again.
I hope you have a great time if you decide to go.

WDWLori
08-06-2002, 11:04 PM
The beach itself is nice, although a little rocky like most east coast beaches are. The resort itself does have the Disney touches. Same soaps and toiletries in the bathroom, same ID/Key card system, etc. You can charge your meals, and shopping back to your room. The nice thing is that the beach is private, you need to be a hotel guest. The parking is the same way. You have to use your ID card to get into the indoor parking garage. It's a very quiet, peaceful hotel and a nice break in any Disney trip. It took us 2 hours to get to Vero from Disney. The road is desolate until you get near Melbourne.

[ August 06, 2002, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: WDWLori ]