PDA

View Full Version : How I stumbled into a FREE night @ the Grand Floridian main building Concierge

WedWay Peoplemover
02-03-2003, 12:30 AM
Now THAT's what I call GRAND!!

I just got back from a WHIRLWIND weekend stemming from a FREE room in the Concierge 3rd floor of the Grand Floridian's Royal Palm Club in the main building.

I couldn't believe this was happening. :eek:

My wife and I were eating dinner with our friend @ the Chili's outside of Disney property. His brother (an actor/director who will remain nameless) had flown into town from California to visit the family. He had booked a Concierge room @ the Grand Floridian ($750 a night, :eek: WOW!) Our friend gets a call from his brother. His brother had decided he just wanted to stay at their parents house instead. Now, it was 10 pm, and the room could not be cancelled. our friend looks to us and says.

"How would you feel about staying the night at the Grand?" graemlins/doubleeek.gif

WE COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! graemlins/muscles.gif

We rush over to the Grand.... to check in. No bags, no clothes.....just us.

This is no ordinary Disney room.. This is one of those octogon "Corner" rooms.. (underneath the red cones on the roof) It was HUGE!! There were windows on 3/4 of the wall, with a view from the Seven Seas Lagoon, Polynesian, around to the Monorail. There is a full living room set, couch, chairs, table.. wet bar, huge closet, etc.

Now we had relaxed in the outer building concierge "Sugar loaf" before.. and concierge @ the Polynesian, but the Upstairs concierge in the Main building is a completely different experience. It is much more "exclusive" not 45 people fighting over scraps of cheese.

What a view of the Lobby!!!! What a view of the Magic Kingdom! FREE WINE!!!!!!!

graemlins/beer.gif Talk about "Big timing" it. This is the definition of "The good life"....

What an unbelievable room. What an unbelievable weekend. What an unbelievable experience.

Let's just say... we owe our friend Juuuuuuust a little!!!!

The only problem, I feel, Is now.. a room at the Polynesian, Yacht Club, or EVEN regular rooms @ the Grand Floridian... is now... just a "Standard Room"

NAAAAHHHHHHHH I LOVE DISNEY RESORTS!!!!!! graemlins/muscles.gif

faline
02-03-2003, 06:22 AM
Wow! That's really great!

disneyfools
02-03-2003, 06:27 AM
Wow!! You are so lucky! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif What a wonderful experience that must have been. I'd love to just see one of those rooms! We're hoping to stay at the Floridian again one of these days. It is truly a fabulous place. smile.gif

imported_PolyGirl40
02-03-2003, 08:22 AM
You lucky duck! :cool:

I hope you at least remembered to wear your sunglasses so you could be incognito with the rest of the elite. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Did you take lots of pictures?

WedWay Peoplemover
02-03-2003, 10:05 AM
Yes, lots of pictures, so we'll have to finish off that camera and get them developed!

We figured it would be a while until we could stay in a room of that calibur, so we'd better capture it!

I can say one thing certain, though... Even @ the Grand Floridian... I was longing for the Polynesian volcano pool!!!

AmyKane
02-03-2003, 10:44 AM
WOW!! How amazing! This will be something you won't be able to top for a long time! Great story!

MNNHFLTX
02-03-2003, 12:24 PM
Wow, what incredible luck! We'll be looking forward to those pictures!

PanTink
02-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Wow, talk about serendipity!

I bet you felt how I felt the time I got upgraded (for free) from coach to first class on a 6 hour flight!

You'll be talking about that for a long time!

MauiMouse
02-03-2003, 02:53 PM
That is just way too cool. I would love to see those photos when you get them developed.

The only way to see those rooms were on the Discovery Channel. Congrats to you and your free upgrade. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Playdoh
02-03-2003, 03:52 PM
WOW, what great opportunity. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

WedWay Peoplemover
02-03-2003, 06:47 PM
WHAT A WEEK!!!

First, this free room @ the GRAND (FRIDAY/SAT)

NOW TODAY (MONDAY) I get the call... I'm OFFICIALLY A WALT DISNEY WORLD CAST MEMBER!!!!

Professional Recruiting just called... I was hired as an education instructor (tourguide) part-time @ Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Basically, when school trips come from out of town (also some adult groups) I'll lead their educational program on conservation, animals, etc.

Let's just say it's been a pretty good week!!!
graemlins/muscles.gif

Bmwdsny
02-03-2003, 07:21 PM
WOW!! You couldn't be in a better place, a better timeframe to get lucky!!!!!! I am glad you got the thrilled of enjoying it!!! Would love to see the pictures!!! graemlins/clappy.gif

Disney-4-Me
02-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Great things come in threes! I wonder what is going to happen to you next! :D

BugeyedMuggy
02-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Congrats! graemlins/notworthy.gif

Erlesgirl
02-03-2003, 09:24 PM
WOW! Dreams really do come true! Good things do come for good people! "Good for you" graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/party.gif graemlins/party.gif graemlins/mickey.gif Please write a report so we can drool graemlins/notworthy.gif